Share a city from A22.5!

As soon as I saw this thread I began to think up this project and about 4 days later I had an idea of what I wanted to shoot for. Here is the result…

Too many screenshots to upload, so here is a link to them instead
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2tg2cn1zwwt3vz3/screenshots.zip

Save: https://www.mediafire.com/file/akxj86cdjqchc7k/Woods%20End.zip
Mods: mods.zip (7.3 MB)

Some mods I wish I had before I started this project:

This project was originally started to answer a question I posed in this thread:
What is Your Ideal Town Layout?

To save time, due to being constantly attacked, I decided I should first design a way to make a wall that can be placed as I need it that can be built in a reasonable amount of time. In solving this problem I ended up making this thread: My Experience Designing Defenses [Wall Templates]

Also the Finery Mod v5.6 Jul 22 [A24+] - On Steam Workshop inspired me with the edgers to create roads that have more depth to add to the flavor of the town. This ended up being a huge construction project with a lot of challenges.

Some things I had planned to do is make a moat going around the wall as well as a watermill with a waterfall to power it feeding into a small pond that would connect to an underground tunnel system so that I could have street drains in some spots.

Unfortunately this project has become too time consuming to finish in time for stream 300 so I’ve decided to share it now instead. I ended up finding a number of problems during this project and its made progress grind to nearly a halt as I have had to rebuild the entire wall, road and some buildings multiple times. Saving a 100MB game takes a fair bit of time and disk space, I’m up to 15GB for this project and its not even done. Due to this I play with autosave disabled and when I run into problems and a build fails or the game crashes or has a memory leak or the mods don’t work the progress I lost is very disheartening and I have to go back and try again until it doesn’t. Ah well, its alpha but I have high hopes for A23 and beyond.

All in all this was a really interesting thing to work on and I learned a lot from it and had fun trying to solve the problems along the way.

Here are the threads I made that came about due to this project:

Color Coded Orders & Builds
Interacting with Physics & Mechanical Structures
Shared Stockpile Filters
[A22.5 r763 (x64)][M] Merge Road Error
Template Image Not Displaying Large Builds
Overwriting Template Names Does Not Update Image (In Some Cases)
Find & Replace Pattern of Blocks within a Template
Rotten food to Compost
Template Images Not Displayed In-Game When Placed in Folder
Player Template UI - Tabs / Folders / Flip / Replace
Unlock Teir 2 Templates for Ghost Building

6 Likes