Epic, Gigantic, A14/A15 Saves

Hey Everyone, as I mentioned in yesterday’s Desktop Tuesdays, we are working hard on performance issues in large/late game towns. Bolstered by @yang’s tireless efforts to keep A14 saves compatible with each other (Hint! This is your cue, everyone: “THANK YOU YANG!!!”) and @ponder’s recent success flushing bugs out of @fralee’s saves this week, we would like to invite you to send us links to town saves that are having performance problems, but otherwise seem bug-free. With your save, please include a description of how the performance issue manifests on your machine (slow UI, takes a long time to click, hearthlings idle etc) what the perf bar looks like, and what your system specs are.

Thanks in advance!

Mod Edit:
Please continue to post large saves here, both A14 and A15.
To upload a save game:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.
  10. Please provide the following system specs: Operating System Version, CPU and Speed, GPU, and RAM. Please also confirm if you are running the game in 32 bit or 64 bit mode.
  11. Please detail the performance issue you are encountering in as much detail as possible, as well as the game version you most recently played the save on.

If you encounter any difficulties with uploading (or are a new user), please post in this thread and mention the moderators (@moderators) and we will do our best to assist you.

12 Likes

Thank you @yshan :smile:

My current town is still going strong, but I’m noticing slight performance issues, Nothing to bad, still really good for over 30 hours of play time, But I can defiantly send it to you guys as soon as the worlds complete, Cause things are slowly getting worse :stuck_out_tongue:

And also, Thank you to the entire team, TR you are the hardest working group of developers I’ve seen, Thank you for all your hard work and efforts, I feel you all need and deserve a big thank you! :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes

I noticed 2 more that I don’t think I posted or noticed before

im on the 17th day on the third month and now it seems like they take forever to actually do anything
I have had things ive been wanting to move sicne the start of the second month and they seem to be all suck

and I have one Hearthling mining even thought I have a massive area I want cleared out as I have been trying to mine all the stone out so I can start building a village

save and screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxSFZoVG1ENzdmazA

since im a bit stuck on TA ill try a new game of RC :grin:

3 Likes

@yshan:

here’s some from RC
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxSFZoVG1ENzdmazA&usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Pj1xRD4jFxa003dUx4bjRmR1k/view?usp=sharing

6 of 7 of my Hearthlings are placing ‘unknown’ I started moving every bit of wild silkweed, flower and food plants I can see that is close and that seemed to be the result . they are moving them still by the looks of it

1 Like

Not sure if mine counts as epic or even gigantic but it may help - WestSpringspring.zip (6.4 MB)

1 Like

Middle to big sized town. Starts to get laggy as hell at night.
Maybe I overdid it a bit with those 100 lanterns inside the castle? :grin:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw8Q53gRdcw0T1Y1b0JLVFprUmM&usp=sharing

EDIT:DxDiag.txt (72.6 KB)

Stonehearth 64 bit

4 Likes

18ish hearthlings, im including two saves, the latest save crashes after a minute, so im including a more stable save as well. ALso, I was running the doorway mod, but it seems to have stopped working. I had a weird error where the farmers ignored their fields and the crops died, so I deleted the fields and reset them, but the dead plant models are still there. Finally, I cheated on three buildings with autobuild, cause they wont build.

:Edit::My saves are too large to upload…

:edit 2: heres a google drive link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw7E92HeOxHxZjhEQldTd0lsM2M

3 Likes

@Communistpenguin, check out instruction 4.2 above.

1 Like

I think i uploaded the wrong one before but here are two more, Salisbury is the bigger and of R2818.
Winchester.zip (8.5 MB)
Salisbury.zip (9.3 MB)

[edit] Running 64-bit Stonehearth. DxDiag.txt (26.0 KB)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Daily Report fails with exact number match

Hello everyone! Okay so I am not sure my game is a huge save but I do have 20 hearthlings and I only really had a few bugs. Not major stuff but…

1. At 15 Hearthlings I crafted a Trapper knife and it never left the Anvil. I could see it there but because it was never in “inventory” I could not assign anyone to the job.
  2. Before I logged off last night I noticed my Blacksmith will not craft. She has materials but things just sit in the que. Not sure if this was fixed by logging…I was up late. :smile:
    Update: okay so like I said it was late. I NOW see I turned the sign to “Closed” on the Blacksmith…sorry I didn’t realize that was a thing. So you can scratch number 2 as being an issue. Sorry :blush:

3.Monsters are coming in ALOT at once. this is okay but there was an instance where I had defeated a camp of goblins and as I was cleaning up a stone golem and his crew appeared! They killed my footmen because they had not had a chance to heal up yet.

I also noticed my Herbalist is board, alot. If I have her do anything other then his or her job she will not heal people when they come to the beds. Can she tend her own flowers so I can just keep her close? That way she is not off hauling logs when my footmen or Hearthling needs help need healing. Just a thought.

Anyway here is my save. I hope it helps you. Wenyerd Save.zip (8.2 MB)

Intel(R) Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Ram: 12GB
GeForce GTX 960
Windows 10 x64

Thank you for making a great game guys! Great job…I love it!

Wenyerd

2 Likes

Wenyerd Save 2.zip (8.5 MB)

So here is my 2nd save, same game but for some reason it keeps crashing. No error just shuts down. When it happens I am trying to build a second chicken pin and have my carpenter make fences for me then poof. It has happened 3 times in a row now so maybe you can see something I do not.

Also my footmen will not put their new hats on. They have been made for 3 days now and they will not switch them out.

Wenyerd

2 Likes

Some Problems by Alpha 14 by me :slight_smile:
Hearthlings will not go back to the camp, they will stand in the Forest, by Goblins etc. and can die.
If there are more and more Hearthlings, it could be that the Heartlings don’t like to build or pick up items.
Sometimes Hearthlings will not react to something and do nothing, then i must save the game and restart it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rNsvVzCbJzZ3o4UU8yNHoxRjQ/view?usp=sharing

My PC: RAM 6 GB, Processor: Intel Core i/-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 Ghz, Windows 10: 64-Bit

2 Likes

Not a castle filled world. However I have 15 heathlings, multiple buildings, most crafters working at once.

When i moved up in hearthlings there seemed to be more idle(ness) from the crafters and workers.

For example, my blacksmith would create a steel bar, then just go hang out next to the crate for the rest of the game day.

The game started to run extremely choppy at the 13-14 hearthling mark.

Specs: Windows 10, i5 - 2500K @3.3 GHZ, 3601 MHZ, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, 16G ram - running in 64bit

Here’s my save game!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52ka_QQBM9BTVozMWxnamFIS3M/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

I definitely see this same behavior under the same conditions, regardless of the complexity of the map (buildings, etc). For me, it’s purely linked to age of the world and # of hearthlings.

heres my save i have 2 issues with it currently theres a crap ton of items on the ground with plenty of storage space and the one building they wont builld the walls they built the roof and i have plenty of stone and wood1454528099534.zip (6.5 MB) plz tell me what i need to do to get that house built

2 Likes

My 17,2MB save

Game have become slow and hearthlings have started having trouble, they are slow at placing items on/in builds.
They also stopped picking up loot. I havent seen any mobs spawning in a while.

I also like to say that the sqared the enemy camps leave behind are rather ugly xD

Also would it be possible to make it easier to place windows on the ground (like the doors) see picture sh8

I got some weird roofing issues, see picture sh5 and sh6

Windows 7 HP
Intel® Core™ i7-20600 CPU @3,40GHz
8 GB RAM
64bit mode
GeForce GTX 560

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxW2JQ6Ok55LRUFrNjhKMUw3MEk

File and screenshots

Edit: oh and I turned the music off cause the battle team played constantly ^^;

2 Likes

note for the uploader and every one else having issues AND THE DEVS drop light count to 1 dont know why we would have to do this on beast machines but meh i tried it because at 15 hearthings my gamer started lagging so i dropped light count to 1 and lag is gone im on a hexicore machine 24 gb ram win 10

if they arent looting try having them put a crate close to the items that need looting (in a mine or simmaler that worked for me the area im mining is nolongert cluttered and the lua seems to be a bit smoother with most of the items picked up

1 Like

My games aren’t limited to looting. It’s idleness in general. The older the game and the higher the number of hearthlings, the more common it becomes that people just decide to stand around showing idle in the therapist UI.