Share a city from A22.5!

Hey everyone, I periodically make presentations where I show off Stonehearth–job fairs, internal show and tell, Stream 300, etc. :wink: A few such events are coming up between now and the end of the year. Does anyone have a city that works with A22.5 that you’re particularly proud of? if so, I’d love to see it! Upload a save file and a picture, and any mods that you used. Much appreciated!

7 Likes

I may have something for You in a couple of days, as I’m actually startimng to enjoy my game now and it looks like it’s gonna go for at least a couple more hours - what’s Your deadline? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my town I worked on while dealing with hurricane Irma :smiley: This save does not have any mods installed.

2 Likes

What sort of deadline are we talking about? Because I’ve just started a project that I think could be interesting, but I don’t have all that much time to work on it right now.

Thanks @Nikia! Re: deadlines, I’m always looking for cool cities. For stream 300, that’s probably going to happen at the very end of November. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do i upload the file i need to send you to access my city and save file?

You should be able to upload it directly through Discourse (i.e. this forum), there’s an “upload” button right in there within the post formatting toolbar.

If you can’t use the Discourse function to do it , then you can use an upload site such as Dropbox, Google Drive or any number of other ones – there are plenty which are free and easy to use. Whatever you use, you’ll be able to get a “share link” which you can copy/paste here, allowing people to find the page where they’ll be able to download your save.

You may also want to look at uploading the file as a .zip instead of as a regular folder, although honestly the save files aren’t usually large enough to absolutely require that… if you know how to do it already then it’s just convenient for people downloading it (purely because it means a smaller/faster download), but if it’s a small save then I wouldn’t bother with it.

Finally, for the benefit of anyone who might not know where to find their save files: for Steam users, the easiest thing to do is go into your Steam library, right-click Stonehearth, select “properties” and then choose the option “show local files”. Your save folder will be clearly marked, but the saves inside will not, they have numerical identifiers rather than names. You can easily check which is which, though, by simply opening “metadata.txt” and checking the first couple of lines in there for the town’s name. For people who don’t use Steam to play Stonehearth, simply search for the Stonehearth folder and once you find it the process is the same as for Steam users.

1 Like

Thanks, i’ll finish with one last build i had for my town and i’ll upload soon this weekend when i have time.

1 Like

My last major build that broke when I split up one of my mods.

city

16 Likes

Here’s the town of Silkweed Swamp in @BrunoSupremo’s Swamp Biome with @Relyss’s Terrain colors @pingu’s Home Sweet Home and @stonemonkey’s Signage.

Silkweed Swamp here

15 Likes

I love the swamp biome! This is a great build.

2 Likes

So I’m still working on getting the city completed, but here are some screenshots of what I have so far.

17 Likes

I would share my world, I just accidentally deleted an awesome castle I designed because I clicked “Load Game” instead of “New Save” on the save menu. I hate myself.

2 Likes

These are lovely! Thanks @Averest for Silkweed Swamp! Also @Esriel, this desert town looks amazing. :slight_smile:

This is my Rayas children town, the Tailz trading co.

All buildings are custom and the town gameplay evolves around gaining wealth. In the middle of the town there is a pit with a huge pile of goldcoins (its nowhere filled in this savegame) And the end goal is to fill the pile with gold, i have not counted how much it can hold, but a quick guess is 1 million…
The town focus its trade on corn flour, clay tea pots, stone gargoyls and tapestries… oh and of course gold ingots :rofl:

The town houses 20 hearthlings.

The mod list:

I hope you like it… thanks.

Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcIAyndZc9eYldBY2x0cWhZaEk/view?usp=sharing

9 Likes

Here is my Town SkullRock

Used mods:

7 Likes

That is awesome! Love it. And you make the roofs like me!!!

3 Likes

Amazing build. I love the cramped feel and busy streets.

1 Like

@Fornjotr and @groms these are both amazing :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes

I love how @stonemonkey loves our builds :merry:

Come one girls and guys, show off your cities

1 Like