[WIP] Final Fantasy Jobs [A20] - Downloads available

Updated downloads in OP for A20 release.

There seems to be no required number of Bolt of Leather to build the Black Mage Staff. So I’m unable to build it.

1 Like

Sorry about that, there was an extra comma in the recipe… they are my nemesis. New download has been added.

1 Like

Now I can’t seem to build it because I’m missing a workshop? Says “requires a placed undefined”.

1 Like

Sorry again haha, try now I’ve added a new download and thanks for trying out the mod too :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick fixes. :slight_smile: Seems to be working now! And no problem, happy to help. I love the mod. :grin:

1 Like

No problem they were really easy fixes and needed to be done :smile:, awesome glad you like it!! :grin:

1 Like

not sure if this error is somthing from one of those downloads, but feels like it, and i can build the relics and stuff, i just cant seem to promote any of those heartlings i have to your stuff.

develop-3181 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

@hanssted I don’t think so, that looks like a water error to me I’ve seen it once when I was mining into the water. I don’t believe its from my mods as they don’t touch anything water based.

The relic weapons and artifact armour are just level 6 weapon and armour upgrades for the knight, footman, cleric and black mage, they wont need any promotion and should automatically equip the items at level 6. To get the black mage class a herbalist can create a black mage staff and promote to black mage at level 3.

1 Like

Hello @Reyn. I have just finished a quick session with your mod, the armor models look great and I love the DoT Black Mage idea, thank you for that.

Few questions regarding the mod:

1. I was facing an odd issue while playing with the Black Mage class. Monsters killed by the Mage did not grant any experience points at all, anyone else observed the same?

2. Your Healers Circlet has 1 Def, is that intended? The circlet that can be crafted by the Blacksmith has 3 Def for comparison.

3. Have you considered a hurt aura ability, which would be the opposite to Clerics healing aura?

1 Like

Hey @Yarpen Thanks for trying out my mods :grinning: and glad you enjoyed them.

1 A: I’ve edited the Black Mage so they should now gain XP from kills. I’ve also fixed their toes and increased their range a bit too.

2 A: I’ve now modified the Healers Circlet to have 4 DEF and Healers Robe is now 2 DEF.

3 A: I have, unfortunately I couldn’t work out how to make the aura target monsters haha, I also tried to create a firaga spell as an AOE fire spell but for the life of me couldn’t get it to target multiple enemies. I’m rubbish at coding I just copy and paste existing lines from the base game :pensive:

Hello @Reyn, very good mod so far, thanks a lot, cant wait for the dark knight and paladin classes. About the thief class that you have some work on it alredy, would it be possible for you to swap the archer to be a requirement to it or the thief be a requirement to the archer? I find it soo weird that you become warrior and THEN archer. Its sooo weird.

Also, do you plan on adding races from FF to the game?

BTW: You made me want to play FFT again

1 Like

Thanks @Reyn. I will probably have another go at it tomorrow after work.

The Clerics Def evens out nicely now, they need all the Def they can get, they are close quarter combatants after all.

And do not worry about using something that is already there(I wouldn’t even know where to start), it is a part of the learning process I am very impressed with your work as it is, keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks again and I will keep following this topic and am waiting for your future releases.

1 Like

@vrork Glad you like it mate :slight_smile:. I haven’t started the other classes yet I was just making gear sets until I started mucking around with the black mage class. I think paladin might be the next one I attack and make it a stronger tank with a little healing capability. I really want to do dark knight (its my fav FF job) but I don’t know how to do draining attacks which is what I want the dark knight to do.

For the thief its just a gear set I’ve been playing with that I use for the [A19] Assassin Class Mod released by Aviex, I haven’t done any work on it yet. For the requirements of the archer I don’t really know how to change that for a base game class and release it in a mod, its easy enough to change the requirements in the base game files but I don’t know how to put that into a mod that overrides the base game. I understand your point, but just think of the footman as stonehearths squire like from FFT :wink:.

For the races, it would be cool to have the races from FFXI and FFXIV but its not something i’m planning on for now.

I also love FFT, I have it on my phone haha.

yea, its working as intended, and yea ive been mining in water to get some clay, thanks for the assist.

1 Like

Ah beauty glad to hear it mate :slight_smile:

Haven’t tried it but it looks impressive!!!

1 Like

MOD UPDATE:

Paladin Class and new gear set for Paladin released, it will require testing and balancing.

V2 has just been added.

Downloads in OP.

V3 has just been added.

flash skill has been fixed and the effect for it should now work.

Downloads in OP.

2 Likes

Hey @Reyn. I did some testing on your Paladin. It came out quite long, please bear with me here.

The mechanics seems similar to the Knight class with the difference of a Healing Aura.

In all the Paladin has 5% more Def from Skills, 50 more Stamina/Courage, 100 additional Stamina from Max Health Boost skill, grants 10 more courage to other Hearthlings and has a Heal Aura compared to the Knight. As well as 6 more Def from gear. - I put this stat sumarry, so that people who did not test the class can share their feedback if the Paladin requires further nerfing.)

I did my tests on a Hearthling with 4 Mind, 6 Body and 5 Spirit trained as Footman Lvl6, Knight Lvl6 and then Paladin to Lvl6. Hard game mode.

On Lvl4 my Paladin fought a camp of Kobolds(3 Scouts) by himself and came out of the fight without a scratch, it took him quite a lot of time to kill them though.

On Lvl5 he took down a flock of Varanus(1 Red and 4 Green smaller versions) and still was able to heal out the damage with his Healing Aura.

On Lvl6 I teamed him up with a Lvl6 Cleric with 6 Spirit and had the “luck” to fight another flock of Varanus. The moment my two-man team reached the flock, a Invasion spawned at them(4 Orc Footmen, 1 Orc Knight, 2 Orc Healers and 1 Kobold Archer General). My Cleric was able to sustain the Paladin through the fight without much issue, but the fight took so long, that the Invasion they were fighting despawned before I was able to kill out all the Varanus there. Also the Paladins menaceing presence was so large, that the Orcs were running away like the Goblins usually do. I do not remember if I saw orcs running from my Knight before, but I might be wrong here.

Afterwards, I used the same two-man combo to face a Invasion of 2 Ogres and 4 Kobold Archers(different ranks). They were doing quite well when killing the Ogres, but when it came to chasing down the Kobolds, my Cleric could not keep up with healing, as he had to chase the Paladin most of the time, both of them got incapacitated by the Kobolds.

Edit: Had another try with a Ogre/Kobold Invasion few minutes after posting this. The outcome was the same, killed the Ogres and then got kited and incapacitated by the Kobolds.

I noticed a Bug when changing the Equipment on Lvl3, that the starting sword and shield are being stacked as items and are sellable to the merchants. With multiple switches between classes it is possible to spawn infinite items. Also, my Paladin after multiple re-promotions has some problems with equipping the Lvl3 gear. After around 30 minutes of free-will gameplay he has’nt still equipped the coronet.

Could you also check the Skill icons for Healing Aura and Provoke? I am not sure, but I feel they are switched with each other.

Item prices when selling to Merchants also need some tweaks, so they are sold for at least the summarised value of the ingredients used for crafting.

Overall the class has a nice feeling as a advanced tanking unit. Personally I would treat the Paladin as a late game tank, you might consider increasing the requirements to obtain one. For example increase the class requirement to be Lvl6 Knight, as most of the Paladin skills are slightly better versions of the Knight ones. Also, a direct change for recipe requirements to require a Lvl6 Blacksmith might also be nice, as the recipes already require Gold Ingots(Lvl6 recipes) and the Artifact Equipments for Paladin right now can be crafted earlier(if you have the resources) than the best Knight gear(also Lvl6 Blacksmith required).

As always had fun testing your mod. Thanks for your great work.

1 Like

@Yarpen Awesome post mate thanks for the thorough testing this is exactly what I’m after :slight_smile:. I’m at work at the moment but I’ll re-read when I get home and try some balancing, the whole time I was creating the paladin I was worried it was too similar to the knight I just don’t know how to make my own skills I can only edit existing ones and try make them different.

I’m thinking I’ll try add a shield bash skill that maybe reduces target armor and a dps skill as well then remove provoke and the extra health boost maybe. I’ve removed the menace attribute from the steel blood skill as it was really annoying having everything run away from the tank. Any other suggestions on skills?