Legendary Classes: Poll and Idea Board

Hello everyone!

Over the last couple days I have been browsing the suggestions thread and trying to come up with good mod ideas. I believe I may have found one but I want to know the communities opinion before I finalize the idea.

The Idea

One of the ideas that I found the most interesting was the concept of hero quality Hearthlings. Hearthlings that were capable of taking on armies of goblins and "boss" monsters on their own and live to tell the tale! I too, feel a lack of combat progression (and flair) once you get to the maximum level for each standard unit type and thought about how I'd like to see new combat units implemented as a capstone to the town, capable of taking on the endgame boss without having to build a massive army of your own.

As I kept scrolling, I found another thread where someone mentioned that the “Legendary” equipment given by the Valor of Cid felt a little… lackluster. They were basically just standard upgrades to the gear already used by the main classes with no flair or anything special.

SO!

I decided that I liked the idea of turning the legendary equipment into talismans, that turned each respective class into legendary classes! Each with their own unique niche and each capable of standing on their own or with a group to take on any challenge the game has!

The Classes

What follows is a rough 1st draft of what I thought each of these classes would look like. Each class has a mild elemental subtheme that I'm not particularly attached to, but I'm always partial to themes and love the idea of each having their own element. Anyways, please let me know what you think or what I should change!
## Legendary Footman

* Talisman: Legendary Sword
* Skills
  * Level 1
    * Maintain all skills from footman class: Power Strike, Spinning strike, etc.
  * Level 2
    * Inner Fire: Skill that grants the Legendary Footman self healing ala cleric radial healing aura
      * Most likely make radius single unit sized
    * Health: +20
  * Level 3
    * Ring of Fire: Skill that damages all enemies in the nearby radius of the footman, if possible
      * See cleric healing aura, possibly change to affect enemies only and lower their health
    * Blazing Speed: Increases Footman’s speed even further
  * Level 4
    * Damage up
    * Health: + 50
  * Level 5
    * Phoenix Dive: Increased damage of Power Strike
    * Fire Spin: Increased damage of Spinning Strike
  * Level 6
    * Titans Grip: Allows the Legendary Sword to be equipped in one hand, freeing up the offhand for a shield

## Legendary Archer

* Talisman: Legendary Bow
* Skills
  * Level 1
    * Retains all of the skills from level 6 Archer
  * Level 2
    * Snakes Bite: Archer skill that fires poison arrow, inflicting damage + damage over time and weakening enemy
  * Level 3
    * Maximum Range: The Archers range is increased to the absolute maximum
  * Level 4
    * Forestwalk: The Archers run speed is increased
  * Level 5
    * Spirit of the Forest: Archer gains a skill to summon a spirit wolf companion that rushes into melee range to attack
  * Level 6
    * Rapid Fire: The Archer’s dexterity is so great, they are able to notch and fire 3 arrows in rapid succession with ease

## Legendary Knight

* Talisman: Legendary Shield
* Skills
  * Level 1
    * Retains all skills from a level 6 Knight
  * Level 2
    * Frigid Defense: Skill that increases the Knights damage mitigation to even higher amounts
  * Level 3
    * Chilling Aura: Aura that slows nearby enemies
  * Level 4
    * Pumping Iron: Health +60
  * Level 5
    * Rally on Me: Aura that increases courage and strength in a radius around the knight
  * Level 6
    * Sapping Cold: Skill that grants the Knight a weak regeneration effect, while dealing a small amount of damage in a small radius

## Legendary Cleric

* Talisman: Legendary Circlet
* Skills
  * Level 1
    * Retains all skills of a level 6 cleric
  * Level 2
    * Combat Healing: the clerics compassion is increased even further, strengthening their healing abilities
  * Level 3
    * Rite of the Paladin: the cleric gains access to stronger armor, weapons and a mighty shield
  * Level 4
    * Damage Reduction 20%
  * Level 5
    * Lightning Slam: Power Strike + Lightning effect
  * Level 6
    * Damage up: 60%

The Question

What I want for all of you, is your suggestions on how you'd like to see these classes implemented for all races in a way that doesn't completely negate the Valor of Cid as a viable option in the main campaign (or if you're okay with that). My inital thought was to give the Valor of Cid a suitable replacement in a town wide buff or some other type of special equipment.

Thanks!

And let me know what you think!

Lostsouls46

P.S.

If there is enough support for this idea, I'd like to add custom animations and effects to attacks and stuff but I'm god awful at animating, if anyone would like to help let me know! (I know most of you are caught up in ACE though so please don't let me take you away from your prior obligations)
3 Likes

First of all: I LOVE that idea, kinda is like the highclass mod, but more powerfull and more fleshed out. I would make a limit on how many you can have (either 4 total heroes, or capped at one for each class somehow). My Idea would be, that you gain the talismans with some kind of quest. Maybe you could make it so, that the valor of cid makes these quest A: easier or B: allows you to have more heroes (maybe 1 or 2 without it and up to 4 with it). It should also give a small boost on courage, dexterety and muscle for the whole town.

1 Like

Update

I’ve been busy the past couple days! I wanted to post some screenshots of my work thus far. (shameless bump for hype)

Say hello to our Legendary Archer! She still has the default archer clothing (I’ll get to that after making the class actually work :sweat_smile: ) but her abilities are coming along nicely.

The job is currently selectable and promotable on the class tree but I have not made a recipe yet for the talisman.

The class default equipment right now is the Empire Bow! It has the same stats as the original weapon.

There are currently skills up to level 2 (you can see the Legendary Archer firing her poisoned arrow right now!) and I am working on the other skills and bug fixing as I go!

Stay tuned for more updates as I progress! I tried to look into cubemitters to make particle effects for the arrow and for the poisoned debuff on enemies, but I haven’t invested enough time to really understand what I’m doing yet with them :sweat_smile: . If anyone knows someone who did or can do a good job of explaining them to me, send them my way! Or, if you know and would like to help out let me know! I’d be happy to work with someone on this!

Cheers for now!
Lostsouls46

1 Like

Love it, keep going :slight_smile:

Honestly, I wouldn’t specifically called it "Legendary ", because with that it looks a bit less interesting to me, and more like you just slapped the word legendary before it (making it look unoriginal).

What I would do, is think of what you can do for a job past it.
For example, a crossbowman, Royal Knight, Priest (After cleric), and so on, which makes it sound a lot more pleasing to me, and probably either forces you, or allows you to be more creative with the new classes.

1 Like