Kitty's Mod Collection

Everything currently offered by your friendly neighborhood feline modder!
Now collected in one thread, so that I might keep better track of my own updates, progress, information, etc. Hopefully resulting in more frequent motivation to work on them.

[A22.5] Building Colors Mod

Version 2.0: Download

This mod overhauls the building brushes:

• New colours to the standard Stone, Wood, and Clay Brick palettes, including ones that “finish” existing sets (Expanded), as well as sets of entirely new colours.

• Current colour sets: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan/Ice Blue, Blue, Violet, Pink, White, Black, Grey.
      There is also a Brown set, currently exclusive to Clay Bricks.
    • @Relyss’s slabs with Terrain colours sets are also available, in their respective materials with the original names retained.
  • Entirely new building materials!

• Painted Wood: The wood’s colour selection, with increased saturation.
      Requires Primed Wood, crafted by the Carpenter.
    • Polished Stone: Stones with colours meant to match real world stones and precious stones.
      Requires Refined Stone, crafted by the Mason
    • Terra Cotta: The clay brick palette, made darker and more muted.
      Requires Adobe, crafted by any crafting class.
    • Pisé de Terra: Terrain based colours, gathering from all current biomes.
      Requires Packed Dirt, crafted by any crafting class using dirt.
      Current biome list: Forest, Desert, Anorien, Archipelago, Canyon, Corruption, Pillar, Sacred Grove, and Swamp, as well ass Winter Wonderland Forest and Desert from Frostfeast.
      To the best of my knowledge, these are entirely cosmetic and will not be able to have farmland built on them.
  • Dirt - fill your dug up terrain back in with actual dirt slabs instead of artificial fillers!

• Dirt is naturally dug up when mining grass or dirt.
    • Dirt can also be obtained by the new Composting recipes.
    • Terrain can be replaced with dirt and used for farms, but there’s a few catches:
      – To fill a hole, you need to use dirt slabs.
      – After dirt is placed by the building creator, it will almost always turn entirely black, then fill the color in for the terrain automatically once built. Due to this factor, there’s only one swatch for dirt.
      – The coloration isn’t perfect; testing with the Pillar biome, the colours were sometimes off compared to untouched terrain next to it. I don’t know why.
      – You can’t place farmland directly on it; you need to select an adjacent terrain tile, and drag it over the area. Farms do seem to be just fine once placed.
      – While I know dirt shows up in the other tabs (walls, stairs, etc), I have not tested it very thoroughly, as my purpose for it was to fill in terrain holes. As such, I am not certain what the resulting color will be; based on the slab’s behavior, my guess is that it will be assigned a biome-generation based color.
  • Speaking of which - Composting! Maybe you had some uncooked poyo sitting around too long, maybe you didn’t bring in all that fish quickly enough, maybe you somehow had an entire field of turnips go bad; never fear, you can now put that rotten waste to use!

• Herbalists can craft Rotten foodstuffs into Compost. This process takes a fair bit of time, but you can do it in sets of ten or twenty if you have enough to work with.
    • Current available to compost: Rotten [produce] Baskets, Rotten Eggs, Rotten Jerky, Rotten Poyo Meat, Rotten Crab (Archipelago’s fisher), and Rotten Fish (Archipelago’s fisher).

Previews of the different building brush palettes, and images with in-game demonstrations:

Wood

First five 11x11 squares: Base + expanded wood colours
2 rows of 5x5: Terrain Mod colours
Rest: Building Colors - Stained wood colours

Palette:

Stone

First five 11x11s: Base + expanded stone colours
Rest: Building Colors - Dyed stone colours

Palette:

Clay Bricks

First four 11x11s: Base + expanded stone colours
Rest: Building Colors - Glazed clay brick colours

Palette:

Painted Wood

Stained wood vs Painted Wood demo:

Palette:

Polished Stone

Yes, I apologize; I did not put them in any kind of cohesive order. Largely because I couldn’t settle on one I liked >.>

Palette:

Terra Cotta
Pisé de Terra

As version 2.0 has resulted in some significant changes, I entirely rewrote the post and took all new images. The old information is included below, as well as the previous version’s download for those who would prefer it over the newest incarnation; keep in mind, however, that I will not be updating that version further.

Version 1.1

Formerly known as Colorful Floors/Walls Mod

This mod adds a multitude of colours to Wood, Stone, and Clay building options.
Yes, it says “floor colours”, because I didn’t realize the walls also drew off of them. But it does! And it has some really cool effects.

Here is the expanded palettes you will have to experience:

Wooden

Stone

v1.1 update:

Clay

Images

Wood in Moonlight:

Wood in Sunlight:

Stone in Moonlight:

Stone in Sunlight:

The one blue is on its own, because it seems to have not had its saturation lowered properly…but I quite like the resulting colour. Though if there’s demand for it, I’ll change it to match the rest of the dusty blue set.

Stone update for 1.1:

Clay in Moonlight:

Clay in Sunlight:

Version 1.1 Download

Original post

This mod was developed for A22.5:
It has not been tested with older versions.
It has been tested with unstable A23, and is known to NOT be compatible with it. I will be looking into this shortly to see if I can make a version that works with it.

Changelog

v.2.0:
Impending update to Building Colors Mod (to v2.0):

• New Building Materials:

• Painted Wood: More vibrant versions of the wood colours.
      Requires Primed Wood, crafted by the Carpenter.
    • Polished Stone: Stone colours based on real world stones and gemstones.
      Requires Refined Stone, crafted by the Mason.
    • Terra Cotta: Earthier versions of the clay colours. Uses clay resource.
    • Pisé de Terra: Terrain based colours, gathering from all current biomes (to the best of the Kitty’s knowledge). This includes mod biomes, and Frostfeast.
      Requires Packed Dirt, crafted by the Potter or Carpenter any crafting class.
    • Soil: Also known as dirt. Intended for imperfectly filling holes in terrain.
      Holes filled with compost can technically have farms placed on them, just not directly (you need to select a space next to the intended area).
  • Dirt can be mined while digging grass or dirt, or made from Compost, crafted by the Herbalist using rotten foodstuffs. Note: This is a very slow process!
    Compost can be made from: Rotten [produce] Baskets, Rotten Eggs, Rotten Jerky, Rotten Poyo Meat, Rotten Crab (Archipelago’s fisher), Rotten Fish (Archipelago’s fisher).
    If you find/know any other things that turn rotten that I missed, please let me know!

• The json files for the compostable materials are being overridden to make this possible. This potentially may cause compatibility issues with any other mod that overrides these files. Note that this is only the rotten versions, not the normal ones.
    • If you do not play using Archipelago, your Stonehearth log will likely register complaints about missing files.
  • Revised colours

• A few of the colour sets bugged me in terms of how they progressed across the shades, and others I was just never fully content with. I have a backup of the original colours, and can re-release them if there’s enough demand for the originals over the revision.
  • Added a yellow set to wood

• I believe I originally skipped this set for wood because of the existing/expanded set. As my overhaul colours seemed distinct enough from them, I went ahead and added the set.
  • Revised colour names

• Sets are now relatively unified, instead of the random jarble that resulted from changing them too many times and writing myself into a corner of discontentment. There is some deviation with certain material types.
  • Incorporation of @Relyss’s slabs with Terrain colours mod

• In part because I was a bit concerned about compatibility. I was doing my best to try to ensure there shouldn’t be any issues, but I didn’t want to force a choice between the two mods if anything went awry.
    • Relyss’s terrain blocks are marked (Terrain Mod), and can be found in the original materials that he used for them (wood, stone, clay bricks). Per Relyss’s request, they also retain the original names they were given.
    • Permission was obtained prior to inclusion.

v.1.1:

• Internal change: Name changed from “floor_colors” to “buildingcolors”
  • Attempted to update to unstable A23
    • Partially successful: It doesn’t cause the game to fail to load anymore…
    • …it also still doesn’t show up in the Building Editor. So…meh
    • Will attempt again once A23 is stable (I miss my mods, I’m going back to 22.5)
  • Separated the unique shade of blue from the other blue stones
    • Unique shade now part of a set of 5 sea coloured stones
    • 5th colour added to dustier blue set to “complete” it

v.1.0: Initial release

[A22.5] The Bunny [Cult] Mod - v.1.1

Did you ever wonder where all these magnificent fellows came from?
Well, wonder no more! Because from now on, they’re coming from your masons!

Catalogue
Construction
Decorative
  • Bunny Monument

• Bunny Shrine

• Carrot Offering

• Easter Bunny Head Monument

• Hamnisu Shrine

• Bunny Statue

Furniture
  • Bunnyhead Chair

• Pedestal

• Sirsasana Table

Special
  • Bunny Box

• Bunny Crate

• Bunny Firepit

Food & Food-like things
  • Stone Carrot

Changelog v.1.2: Material Update
  • Various fixes: internal category changes, missing iconics added, correction of two switched fine versions of items, missing entity entry in iconic jsons…oh, and naming convention switch to use the language file for translation compatibility

• Update to A23:

• Addition of Appeal to items
    • Fine items changed to Ornate items; addition of Ornate recipes
  • New items made from Wood, Clay, Metal, and Other

• Carpenter recipes:
    • Potter recipes:
    • Blacksmith recipes:
    • Herbalist recipes:
  • New construction pieces!

• Bunny Windows
    • Bunny Doors

v.1.1: Furniture Update!
-New items

• Bunnyhead Chair (regular & fine)
  • Pedestal (regular & fine)
  • Sirsana Table (regular & fine)

-New decoration items

• Carrot Offering (regular & fine)
  • Stone carrot (component piece; can be placed on own)
  • @Hamnisu Shrine (not depicted; added in gratitude to all his help fixing my update mistakes)

-Changes:

• Many internal updates (changes in pathing, naming convention, etc)
  • Stonebunny statue decoration now has a fine variant
  • Icons changed

v1.01: Quick patch to fix the recipes
-Recipes included were the ones I used in testing, not the proper crafting recipes. Ooops!

v.1.0: Initial release

This mod was developed for A22.5: Download
It has not been tested with older versions.
It has not been tested yet with A23; even if it does work, it will not have any Appeal values. I am currently working on an update, which will include an A23 version for those who want to try it.

Original Thread

Impending update to Colorful Floors/Walls Mod (to v1.1):

• Internal change: Name changed from “floor_colors” to “buildingcolors”
  • Attempted to update to unstable A23
    • Partially successful: It doesn’t cause the game to fail to load anymore…
    • …it also still doesn’t show up in the Building Editor. So…meh
    • Will attempt again once A23 is stable (I miss my mods, I’m going back to 22.5)
  • Separated the unique shade of blue from the other blue stones
    • Unique shade now part of a set of 5 sea coloured stones
    • 5th colour added to dustier blue set to “complete” it

I also began research into adding new building materials, to add my conceptual “Painted Woods” for more vibrant wood materials, as well as “Natural Stone” to add a collection of stone materials based on real world stones (granite, marble, etc); for clay, since most of the more muted “natural” clay colours are types of dirt, I am considering using that expansion to fill in the Terrain Colors. Though I also don’t want to step on @Relyss’s toes if there is an intended upgrade of Slabs with terrain colors mod to A23+, so that will be the last thing I address.

Will update the tab for the mod, along with its changelog and download link, once I have finished making sure everything looks and behaves the way I want it to.

As a note, I will be posting all my final mod work here from now on, and phasing out the original threads.
This is totally not because I’m too lazy to look up the threads each time, nope

-Edit-
Now with pictures of the new sets:

Also, the Colorful Floors/Walls tab now updated, including Download; added in Changelog as well, seeing this is its first update.

Well, in light of a critical computer crash last night…I no longer have ANY of the update work I did. I thought I had backups on my external hard drive, but at best guess they never copied over or got saved incorrectly, as everything on it is the previous version.

In light of this…screw it. I’m going to re-update to the unstable build, and start preparing for A23 with my mods. Especially since most of the new content would have ended up needing to be changed to mesh with the update anyways.

For now, if you already have Version 1.1, keep using that.
If you’re new and were wanting to pick up the mod, the download within the Version 1.1 tab is your best bet.

Happy holidays from the Kitty all the same

@BrunoSupremo has helped save the day; I’m testing the last few tweaks that should allow me to have the 2.0 update uploaded within the hour!

([A22.5+] Colorful Floors/Walls Mod v1.0) - See Kitty’s Mod Collection for updates

Sorry for the lack of update; I got most of the way through taking screenshots for the new main post, when my game decided to cease working.

I have removed all mods, including this one; I have downgraded back to 22.5, upgraded back to 23; verified my files; uninstalled, reinstalled; nothing. Game crashes before even reaching the main menu.

I’m fairly certain that my current version of the mod has everything sorted out (I was still cleaning up a few colors while cataloging colours); as such, I will upload it so that anyone who wants to jump to using it can.

If anyone runs into any issues, let me know what they are ASAP, and I’ll do my best to address them despite not being able to play atm.

-edit-
Updated download link is up; sorry for the delay on that on account of…above.
Enjoy!

Okay, now that my game is working again, I am currently working on getting the rest of the screenshots for the latest Building Colors Mod, as well as checking its compatibility with 22.5; I’m fairly certain it should work for both stable 22.5 and unstable 23, but it doesn’t hurt to verify.

• I also have an update for the Stonebunny mod in progress.
  • There is preliminary work for my impending Stonehearth Hair Haven mod as well, meant to be a more modular version of LoMH, but I don’t really have anything viable to share just yet.
  • I’ve also started playing around with my own faction and biome, but, uh…don’t expect much here, I’m quickly losing confidence in the project…

• Impending Bunny Mod update

• This has been delayed a bit for two reasons:
      1. I can’t quite get some of the models to line up correctly
      1. I decided to do a much bigger expansion than originally planned; in addition to the new Carpenter recipes, there will also be some Potter recipes; possibly also Weaver recipes and Blacksmith recipes.
  • WIP new mod: Cut, Art, and Treatment

• New modular customization addons for hearthling customization
    • Includes different hairstyles, beards, accessories, and colour options
    • Modules currently working to be released right away:
      • Rainbow: includes additional colour options that are more artificial (red, blue, purple, etc)
      • Naturals: includes additional colour options based off more realistic options (strawberry blonde, dirty blonde, etc)
      • Fancy: Curls, braids, and accessories
  • A23 port for Building Colours

• Will be splitting into three parts: Colours (just the base wood, stone, and clay brick colour extension), Materials (the new Painted Wood, Polished Stone, Terra Cotta, and Pisé de Terra), and Soil (composting & dirt replacement)
    • This is to allow the option to not have the new materials if undesired, and/or to not have the slightly buggy dirt/composting.
    • Base biome Terrain Colours will be included in Colours version, per how @Relyss had them
    • Colours to match Mod terrains will be in Materials, as they’re tied to Pisé de Terra; if there’s demand for it, though, I can also add them to the base materials (wood, stone, clay bricks) as well.

Welcome to the never ending cycle of modding.

Aligning them at the voxel editor is part of the process and can help aligning it in-game. I find easier to center everything in voxelshop, cause models in magica are shifted to a corner.

Question for anyone who wants to chime in:

Should I keep all my mods in one thread like this, or revert to each one having its own thread to make them easier to find and see updates?

• Keep the Mod Collection Thread
  • Give each Mod its own Thread again

0 voters

I definitely agree with @BrunoSupremo on this.
I don’t know about magica-voxel, it was a while ago since I tried it.
But Qubicle keeps moving the pivot-point for some reason.

Voxelshop never does that ^^
So you can open an existing qb-model in Voxelshop, and see where/how it’s positioned on the ‘grid’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure which is the source of it, since I create my models in MagicaVoxel and am then loading them into Qubicle, but how it works for me now that I know what I’m looking for, using my bunny totem here as an example:

As I learned by loading and comparing properly aligned models from Stonehearth, the numbers for the Position are the issue - they should actually be half of the size numbers, and negative:

Like so:

Bunny Mod Update Preview:

O M G this is to much bunny for me ^^

Oh wow looking great :smiley:

I see, that might be it ^^ -So you got it to work?
I mostly use Qubicle for modeling, and then make the final save in Voxelshop so I know it’s positioned right (=

It’s even worse than anticipated, @BrunoSupremo - while working on the Bunny update, I ended up making several things that I really liked and was pleased with the results of…that don’t fit the Bunny mod, so I started making a little side one for those, meaning I inadvertently have a fourth mod in the making x3

Okay, after properly formatting all my json files, I found and eliminated the main error throwing issues for the Bunny Update. Doing the next round of testing to get the update finished and released. Am going to delay a little to add in the language file update that I’ve been putting off as well.

Once it’s done, I’m going to post it on its own original thread, and update that thread properly.
I will also update the Building Colors mod when I get that update going.

Cut, Art, and Treatment will also get its own thread.
Clatter [the cat-clutter mod], the new non-bunny item mod that I’ve developed on the side while working on this big bunny update, will likely just be posted here, as will any small things I work on. This thread will also have links to the threads for the bigger mods.

While the current layout has all the information here, it is a bit harder to see everything at a glance, which I think makes a difference for many users.

Okay! Think I’m FINALLY finishing up the Bunny Mod Update. Hit a few issues along the way;

• A few just my own fault; I have been using Qubicle and clearly misunderstood its save feature vs. exporting. I thought if I exported a model with the correct settings, it would use those settings for saving as well. Not so much.

• The Bunny Windows were too big compared to standard windows; they were size 34 compared to standard being size 20. This resulted in them looking weird when used in building. I tried a few ways of addressing this, and have settled on shrinking them to be a closer size. I think the final result still looks cute, though it doesn’t match my preview above anymore, naturally.

• The lampposts also don’t look quite the same; after playing around with the light effect and it perpetually looking wrong or outright not lining up correctly, I settled on making the top beam longer. Not a huge change in appearance, but it lines up much nicer.

• Some models are still a little off placement wise; I fixed most of them as well as I could, though a few are just going to stay slightly off for not. It’s more of a “weird feel” kind of thing that anything really problematic.

Doing a last round of tests (hopefully) and taking the new catalogue images, then should finally be good to release Bunny [Cult] Mod v2.1. For now, one more preview image:

Home stretch! Need some feedback: Should I leave the effect where it is, which has it relatively hovering around the lamp-bunny’s head, scooch it forward as though it’s being emitted by the bunny’s eyes, or scooch it forward and down a little as though the bunny is “holding” it?

• Head Light Aura! (Where it is now)
  • Bunny Eyebeams! (Move forward)
  • Bunny Fairy Lights! (Forward and down a little)

0 voters

I think the non Bunny Fairy Lights options are better than the Bunny Fairy Lights option. I don’t know which of the other two I like more, so I didn’t vote, but these are my two cents.