Furniture types and other decorations

After spending some time in this game I started to create some elaborate buildings and quite quickly ran out of props/furniture to make the construction a fun place. So here comes some ideas I had to expand on this.

Armory/Barracks:
Weapon and Armor racks/stashes
Wall mounted shields and weapons
Bunk beds
Planning table (with maps etc).
Guard booth

Kitchen
Cupboards
Benches
Barrels
Shelves

Castle/Mansion
Tapestries
Full knight armor manekins
Candles
Luxurious King size beds
Wardrobes
Bathtubs
Statues
Columns
Decorative fences/railings
Large dining tables
Table tops
Trapdoors
Paintings

Envoirment

Bushes
Hedges
Smaller trees
Carts
Wagons

Defenses
Castle/Rampart gates
Moats
Drawbridges

9 Likes

I actually plan on candles. More candles! And trees (although I donā€™t seem like I get there any time soon).
As for trapdoors, I donā€™t know if the current mechanics allows it. I would like to see more roof-related things - trapdoors, hatches, roof windows etc.

1 Like

Yeah, we need MOAR but I have stoped to decorate my village because of the item limit :frowning:

BUT @Dannemo how about trying using some mods?
Like:

Those are my favorites :slight_smile: BUT there are a loooooooooot more very good mods.

4 Likes

My lights are not yet updated for A18+ actually, but Iā€™m on it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I want to add a concept of ā€œbeautyā€ or ā€œaestheticsā€ to the game, so your hearthlings will become happy and/or sad depending on how nice things around them look. Once we add that system I think itā€™ll be important to re-evaluate and also add a whole bunch of cosmetic items into the game.

6 Likes

Hey!
Thanks for the replies. Currently I dont dare install anything since my game is running really bad as it is (I have to restart every 20min due to lag).
Maybe I need to create a new game and not build overkill castles and stuff.

But as you mention more aesthetic items would be appriciated in the future. This could include more textures aswell for buildings (i.e different brick walls etc).

Also adding fences to the furniture/decoration category in the builder would be nice so we can create balchonies.

Just please, donā€™t convert SH to Sims. Pleeeese. Pretty-please!
Never could satisfy those douchebags.

Not to worry. As you can already see in the alpha branch, hearthlings default to ā€œcontentā€ when they have no thoughts influencing them.

2 Likes