Frostfeast 2016! moar frost, moar feast

Yay! Can’t wait to check it out. I know it’s a small thing, but I’m glad it’s fixed.

2 Likes

if this has already been asked, I sincerely apologize. but will it ever be possible for this mod to work without having to start a whole new save? what about when seasons come to the main game? maybe then the mod would cause Frostfeast to start during the winter

There are a lot of things missing to make this work. While some things (e.g. seasonal recipes, campaigns, encounters, crop inhibitant) could be done with scripting and therefore as a mod, many other things (e.g. terrain palette swaps) cannot.

Personally, I couldn’t see me playing this state of the game for a whole in-game year either. The most advanced saves I’ve seen were somewhere between 6-9 months into the game; so you wouldn’t even see Frostfeast.

3 Likes

Is there currently a problem with the indoor Frostfeast Stone Chimney? i got huge messages about something wired when trying.

It seems like it might have to do in what order you place the Frostfeast Stone Chimney that if you place it after you placed the automatic roof it don’t throw an error but if you place it before it throws this big error for me

“release-687 (x64)[M]
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1960: attempt to index local ‘offset_adjs’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1960: in function ‘wire_dependency’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1980: in function ‘wire_dependency’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1986: in function ‘wire_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2036: in function ‘_compute_spatial_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1817: in function ‘_compute_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:450: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:95: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>”

“release-687 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:”

I believe @Relyss mentioned at some point that this is a common issue with Stonehearth and wall-mounted entities in blueprints? As far as I know, the chimney isn’t doing anything extraordinary.

To anyone who haven’t tried this mod yet; You don’t know what you are missing! I love all aspects of it - the goodies added to make a festive-themed town/city easily, the new mechanics, the campaign and how it keeps you on your toes - everything about it is great!

And yes, it is very inspiring regarding modding :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only thing that is doing differently is that the chimney can extend itself upwards.
Maybe it gets confused with the dependencies, but the workaround for now would be to place it after the roof, or after the building is finished.

I don’t think so. The extension component is only in the normal form, not the ghost. Until the chimney is placed, no shapeshifting activity takes place. It’s not possible that this is interfering.

1 Like

The packeges count in the carpenter menu for the gift is capped at 12.
I have over 30 but there is only a 12/3 shown.

Is there any update on the Frostfest mod that have fixed the “Save” option bug ?

The update to fix the save issues was released a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Where do I get the Forstfest mod that doesn’t crash as the mod I recently downloaded still crashes on the Save option ?

http://www.stonehearth.net/frostfeast-2016-moar-frost-moar-feast/

If you’ve installed Stonehearth using Steam

Download frostfeast.smod here
Right click Stonehearth in your Steam library. Click “Properties”
Click the “Local Files” tab, then click the “Browse Local Files…” button
Go to the “mods” folder and put frostfeast.smod there
When you start Stonehearth, go to the Mods tab on the Settings screen to activate Frostfeast (check the box)
Restart Stonehearth and enjoy! (As noted, you really want to start a new game for this.)

If you’ve installed Stonehearth using the Windows installer or .zip file

Download frostfeast.smod here
Put frostfeast.smod in the “mods” sub-folder of your Stonehearth folder
When you start Stonehearth, go to the Mods tab on the Settings screen to activate Frostfeast (check the box)
Restart Stonehearth and enjoy! (As noted, you really want to start a new game for this.)

File date shows 16 december. This version is working for me on win7 64bits where before i had saving issue with the fireplace active.

@Froggy can I throw sum bugz your way? Just installed FF + Candledark two days ago (big mistake with the last one, I wasn’t nearly prepared).

This fireplace apparently thinks it is a chimney.

Also, while I’m here: with Candledark some of the new hearthlings are, well, dead on arrival (and get generic undead names, like “A Mindless Wight”). Is this intended?

As in some of the new hearthlings that arrive in town are already Mindless Wights? That definitely shouldn’t happen. If they are getting bitten and subsequently turn, then that is intended!

Thanks for letting me know about the chimney issue :slight_smile:

But seriously… its January! :stuck_out_tongue:

Aaaand… ? I got the new Deus Ex for Christmas. Spent some time whacking it, beaten it, got disappointed, returned to Stonehearth :slight_smile:

Another quick question. IMHO it would be good to have a little more knowledge about the “warm” area without using debug tools. A visual feedback of some kind perhaps?

PS. As for the (un)dead citizens, I have a suspicion HOMF might be involved. Will poke around more to see if I’m right.

I believe Frostfeast is only partially compatible with Alpha 20, and we don’t have the time/intention to port it at the moment. So whatever bugfix would be released would be obsolete in a few weeks when Alpha 20 comes to stable. Not to mention that the holidays are definitely over by now, so as a good season mod, it’s hibernating again.

Lots of things, including the visual area, were planned, but didn’t ultimately make it. Maybe someone will add it in the next revision of FF.

2 Likes

Here’s a version of FrostFeast 2016 that should be compatible with Alpha 23 Unstable (release 771). This is a compatibility-only update, so no new features (well, except FF items have appeal). There might still be bugs, but I was able to go through the main quest without any issues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bLIllB-PLr-44Jiih9f0mnhX0B7TUzq/view?usp=sharing

11 Likes

Frostfeast!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Max, you’re amazing. I assume you had help so who ever helped you is amazing too! :evergreen_tree::snowman_with_snow::candy::gift::christmas_tree:

2 Likes