[MOD] Hearthlings of Many Faces

Hi, the mod is available for A19 ? :slight_smile:

Hiya! The latest version should have no problem with A19. At least, my tests shows no errors. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amazing ! ^^ let’s play then !!! :smiley:
Rynz

1 Like

Is there anyway to use this mod to modify a Rayya’s Chidren Hearthling to look like an Ascendancy Hearthling? I.e. with pale skin and blonde hair? It seems like the Rayya’s Children hearthlings are limited to only Rayya’s Children-typical skin tone, hair colour, etc.

At the moment it only changes between the models and color specific to the kingdom itself, so no, you can’t really use Ascendancy specific models for Rayya’s Children, or vice versa.

I can’t say that I have any plans of adding this either, but we’ll see. At best I’ll add it in as an option for the player.

4 Likes

HOMF does strange things when activated together with Candledark.

This is a random immigrating hearthling. There is always a normal Hearthling name in the notification. However when customizing the char is already a zombie with a generic name (“A Mindless Wight”). Sometimes it is shown right away, sometimes not (like here).
According to Froggy (Frostfeast 2016! moar frost, moar feast), hearthlings can become “turned” when infected by zombies after a certain “incubation period”, but none should be infected from the beginning. Yet there is a chance to get “turned” ones both when embarking and immigrating.
Furthermore, trying to change the “Role” on “turned” hearthlings always throws an engine error.
Any idea what may be the problem?

PS. Sometimes “turned” hearthlings initially have “normal” appearance, but “Randomize” command (dice) generates only zombie appearances.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning the issues! I’ve known about this kind of issue for a while now, but it’s been put on the back burner for school stuff. Also, the season for Candledark has long passed, and, I’m suspecting, that it will become a bit out of date when A20 is released (though that’s more of a wild guess on my part).

But! The reason for the issues here is because the turned hearthlings have no material maps of their own, e.g. you can’t change their hair color or skin color. I’ve at least got an idea on how to fix this, but I can’t say when a fix will be out.

4 Likes

I first played the game back around A14 to try it out for a little bit; during that time I played with your mod installed as I really value this type of customization. I finally got around to updating it on steam the other day (currently in A20) and it seems the “homf_custom” console command isn’t working and errors with “promise destroyed with no resolve or reject call”.

Are you going to update the mod for A20? if you are, do you also plan to implement the UI feature you mentioned a while ago that adds an any-time customization button instead of the console command?

Hey, and thanks for using my mod!

Yeah, the command hasn’t been implemented yet. But, as far as I could see, the mod is still compatible with A20. If you see any bugs other than the one posted in the OP, please let me know. Otherwise there should be no problem in using this mod with A20. The command itself is still on my to-do list, though unfortunately it has been on the low part of that list as I have other things that take priority right now (sorry!).

2 Likes

21 alpha. It works, but with errors. You will do the update for fashion? Or we will wait until will introduce in-game editor?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, there have been some big changes to how hearthlings are generated, so I’m gonna have to sit on this and fix the mod to work with it. It might take a while though, but I’ll let you all know when it’s done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

###Status update!

So, I’ve gotten a look at the newest unstable release now, and it features an all new customization option for the embarking hearthlings (that @Well mentioned above). Which also makes this mod more or less obsolete.

I’m not sure, though, how much further the team is going to take it, as I’ve not been following the progress that frequently recently. Are they going to extend it to also include the hearhlings that join the settlement later? Will they include an option to change the looks of a hearthling in-game?

If not, then there is no need to bury this mod just yet, I’ll just have to make sure that this mod doesn’t do anything for the embarking hearthlings, but instead changes the appearances (maybe even the characteristics) of those that join in later. That’s what I’m going to assume also and work on the mod with that assumption in mid. But do let me know if I’m wrong in this, so that I know better what will happen later.

5 Likes

Just made an account to reply. Excited to get updated version so I can edit new hearthlings. Thanks for keeping updated, when do you reckon you’ll be updated for new patch?

1 Like

Well, thanks for using my mod!

As for when it’s updated. I won’t be at home today to work on it, but I’d estimate that it’d be done, if not tomorrow, then sometime next week. Keep in mind though that this is a rough estimation; I haven’t looked too closely into the code to see what’s new, yet.

1 Like

with your mod i could possible try again my accessoires and luxury ^^ with the new standard options i cant add new categories ^^ sooooo i dont think it unnessary ^^ also new hearthlings you can decide (at the moment) xD

1 Like

Some thing like this would make voxel debugging so much easier.

Would absolutely love it if your mod could do the following:

Customize appearance of new Hearthlings added after Daily Tally. (Done)
Customize Traits introduced in A21.
Customize or reroll Stats, Spirit Mind Body.

2 Likes

Please, who has a previous version of the mod, upload to the forum. After the update does not work at all. Only he writes about the error. ((Maybe someone saved the previous version?

Apologies for the late reply

Good suggestions all around, I’ll keep them around for later features. Though when they are added, just keep in mind that I don’t plan on making a mod that allows the player to create a group of super hearthlings (i.e. all stats maxed with all the good traits available etc.). It will be so that the game’s balance is kept.

@Well: Sorry to say, but you’ll have to wait until the mod is updated; any current version of it won’t work for A21. The latest version of HoMF works for A20, but I assume that you’re only interested in A21 at this point. Please be patient. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

###Mod Update!

Now Homf works for Alpha 21!

Took a bit longer time than expected, mostly due to me not having much time to spend on this. And me battling with localization, it just wouldn’t work with my mod, so I ended up doing a super hacky thing to make it work.

Anyways, this is mostly just an update to have the mod work with alpha 21; so no new features, yet. But I still got the features which Iskoaya mentioned above, though when they will see the light of day is unknown at this point, not enough hours of the day to spend on this I’m afraid.

Look in the first post for the updated download links.

7 Likes