Thanks so much for all the templates you uploaded in the last giant thread. I think I can speak for the devs when I say how helpful they were in diagnosing many issues back in A15. A17 will again focus on improving building, so we’re creating a new topic to collect all your templates. If you previously uploaded a templated to the A14/A15 topic, and it still does not build, please upload it again here. As you upload your templated (full instructions below), please be sure to include the specific build you are encountering the issue (i.e. A16 develop-2969), as well as the issue you are encountering (not starting, not completing, needed manually placed ladder, scaffolding not removed, etc.).
In order to upload a building template:
- Save your build as a template in game.
- Open your game directory.
Default location for a Steam install is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
Default location for a Humble install is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\
- Navigate to the building templates stored in
- Locate the
.jsonfile for your template. For example, if you wanted to upload the “Clay Dining Room” template, find
clay dining room.json.
- If you created this template in a recent version, you will also have a
.png, for bug fixing purposes this is not important and does not need to be included in the
- Compress the
.jsonfile to a
- Right-click the file you wish to zip.
- Left click
- Left click
Compressed (zipped) folder
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Upload the file to this thread in the Discourse by clicking the upload button in the editor and navigating to the file, or drag the file into the editor with your mouse.
- Important! Please be sure to list the specific build the template fails in. Also, please shared what the specific issue is. For example:
I am having issues with this template in Alpha 16, develop build 2969. The Hearthlings cannot complete the balcony on the second floor. I can build a ladder on the left side of the balcony, and then they are able to complete it. However, once complete, they do not remove all the scaffolding from beneath the balcony. [Link to template.zip]
If you encounter any difficulties with uploading (or are a new user), please post in this thread and mention the moderators (@moderators) and we will do our best to assist you.
This topic is a continuation of [A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread