[A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread

A quick A15 D2871 update on my Watchtower template:

• I redesigned it fresh on D2871 (same design, just made the template again fresh).
  • The builder no longer wigs out when designing it or when trying to place it in the world (YAY!)
  • Discovered that you apparently can’t delete windows or roofs once they’re placed on a building. Sad day. :cry:
  • Generated a builder engine error by console-destroying the windows from the design instead. (or at least I think that’s what caused it, because once I reloaded the game, removed the in-progress design and placed my freshly saved template instead, I didn’t run into the engine error again).
  • The build can be started this time! (YAY!)
  • My Hearthlings actually built the building swimmingly, all the way up until the final floor and the slabs that make up the rooftop and battlements, where the build abruptly stalled indefinitely.
    ** I would have used the builder’s pre-made battlement roof, but the builder UI doesn’t let me erase parts of the floor, to provide a path up from inside the tower, so I made my own with the floor tool and slabs.
  • Sidenote: Because my design has a fully-functional spiral staircase interior, the required scaffolding was … intense. I had to chop down a great many extra trees just to cover the scaffolding cost (something the new building materials calculator does not take into account; or if it does, it doesn’t do so accurately, as I ran out of wood midway through the build due to the excessive scaffolding). On that note, love the new building cost summaries! Thank you! :slightly_smiling:

Template:
stone watchtower.zip (18.1 KB)

Screenshots:
Where it stalled:

What’s left to build:

Also paging @not_owen_wilson in case this is of value to his current research.

3 Likes