Hearthlings Don't Take Down Scaffolding

Summary:

Hearthlings build a nice structure, and after building everything, don’t remove the scaffolding. It just stays there. They aren’t totally ignoring it, as they use it to get into the building in more unique ways than just the door, which is funny and annoying at the same time.

There are also two engine errors pasted below.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a structure
  2. Set hearthlings to work
  3. Hope they take down the scaffolding

Expected Results:

Hearthlings finish a building, and remove the scaffolding.

Actual Results:

They don’t.

Attachments:

Error 1:

develop-3000 (x64)
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: attempt to index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: in function ‘get_blueprint_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:213: in function ‘recalculate_scaffolding_blueprint’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:123: in function ‘_add_region_trace’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:99: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:96>

Error 2:

develop-3000 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Photo of Building:

Version Number and Mods in use:

Alpha 17 test (no mods)

2 Likes

Yeap, I’m getting the same thing ever since alpha 17, either they don’t take anything down or forget a few(usually under windows that are already placed)

A17 v. 3002 Also having this problem, but without the errors/faults.

It’s not a perfect solution by any means, but I found a way to coerce my hearthlings to take them down;

I used the debug tools to delete one of the segments of scaffolding they left up around my town’s inn; once it was gone, they suddenly started rushing over and taking down the rest.

Have this pretty much always it seems very annoying that they leave it there but hope the devs look at this. Not sure if they made a collection thread yet for Alpha 17 Broken Buildings

I’m finding that now they won’t even finish some of the easy buildings that they would build in A16. The ones they do finish though I’d say 75% of them have scaffolding left up.

3 Likes

Completely confirmed. I have had to manually use the “destroy” command on all the scaffolding in my little town. It’s pretty tedious.

develop-3002 (x64)
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: attempt to index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: in function 'get_blueprint_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:213: in function 'recalculate_scaffolding_blueprint’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:123: in function '_add_region_trace’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:99: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:96>

4 Likes

@not_owen_wilson, this seems to be a recurring report for the latest builds.

Also, do we move all the reports of “it built but they don’t finish removing the scaffolding” to the main Building bugs topic?
(since technically they build the houses fine, except for this last little problem)
(@8BitCrab, @jomaxro )

@Relyss: I do think it should be it’s own bug, since, as you say, it is distinct from not being able to finish the house.

@not_owen_wilson is actively looking at this problem and has potential fixes with every new build. :slight_smile: Everyone, if you’re seeing this problem, can you make sure to note which version of the game you are running, (ie, develop-3008) and whether or not you’re starting from scratch or loading an old save?

Everyone, please hammer on this really hard! We have a test suite we run, but it cannot have nearly the infinite variation that you all manage.

Also paging @micheal_handy76_mh. I know you mentioned on steam you were having building problems. Were any of them this? How is it going for you right now?

2 Likes

Summary:
Hearthlings don’t remove all the scaffolding on many houses and this is one of them
Steps to reproduce:

1. Place my template
  2. Watch em build

Expected Results:
Built house with no scaffolding left over
Actual Results:
Scaffolding left over mainly at the roof
Notes:
I’m using the settlement mod with this o you can just swap out the fur beds or go without any beds to test it
There are no error messages what so ever.
This house has a ton less scaffolding problems than some houses that had it left covered around the whole house in Develop 3002
Attachments:

Building Template
broken house scaffolding.zip (29.8 KB)

Building Template Original Furnitures
broken alpha 17 scaffolding template.zip (28.4 KB)

Alpha 17 Develop 3008 (M)
Settlement Decor
Spiros Window
Jomaxro Doorways
endpieces

System Information:
i7 920
AMD 7950
12GB DDR3
Samsung 840 Game Drive
Samsung 830 OS Drive

Created this new template without the settlement decor beds and added original mean beads after that i removed the mods and started the old world got 4 error messages because mod removed but everytime i tried to put out the template without any mods used in the template, game crashed until i made a new world with exactly same template

This time they actually removed a bit more scaffolding on the roof i think it might be because they took longer to remove lower scaffolding because missing windows for a while.

Another Thing
However they left way more scaffolding at other places this time without any mods at all.
Noticed there is a bug or something when you sell things that the carpenter made on his own for your new houses he will not craft new ones if you sold them so he actually only tries once to make the things and if you lack em he will not make them on his own which feels wrong to me.

2 Likes

i notice that scaffolding left overs are happening way more in this build than on the last 2, some templates i design in build 3000 are now building with tons of scaffolding left

1 Like

I did not test to many buildings with 3000 but i kinda feel the same with the ones i tried in the later 3002, 3008 versions

@sdee

as of right now I couldn’t answer you. the game is crashing every few mins @yshan is looking at it. Sent log in thread

Edit: Also that building I sent toBrad was made just to help him with scaffolding. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Saving, restarting the game and loading the save fixed some of my scaffolding problems … not all but many.

1 Like

I haven’t tried 3008 yet, but I did note that in 3002 they were even leaving scaffolding on the pre-designed tier2 building template buildings sometimes (most especially the blue-roofed Blacksmith house).

I also noticed that the “what items do you need to complete the building” are sometimes wrong. For that blacksmith house, it would say I only had 2 of the 5 lamps needed in big red text, even when I had more than 5 lamps available. I got my carpenter to make 3 more, but it still said the same thing, even though the hearthlings eventually placed the lamps anyway.

2 Likes

scaf.zip (26.0 KB)

some templates that have scaffolding issues, but build fine

edit: d3010

edit2: i removed all the furniture from the templates and they both built, and took down the scaffolding without fail. there were 1 or 2 ladders in total that were at an unreachable height, so i just helped them along. please make them put furniture in last!

Getting the same effect with no, or half scaffolding being taken down. Not only that but from time to time the queue will not work right or at all. I have 5 wall lantures but it says in the building supplies needed it only shows 2.
I would give a bug report but sadly none have shown up.
Also hearthlings idle with scaffolding still up.

Summary:
after completing a house the scaffolding is not removed and one time 1 of my heartlings got stuck in it and starved to dead
Steps to reproduce:

1. Custom build 2 story house

Expected Results:
a fully build house
Actual Results:
After the building is done all the scaffholding will not be removed and sometime they build even more
Notes:

Attachments:

Stonehearth 0.16.0 (release 553) x64 build
System Information: