Engine error about scaffolding A19 & A20

develop-3169 (x64)
...hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: attempt to index field '_owning_scaffolding' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
	...hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: in function 'instance'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:251>
	[C]: in function 'destroy_entity'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:82: in function 'destroy_entity'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:143: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:124>
	[C]: in function 'destroy'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_manager.lua:71: in function '_destroy_builder'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:456: in function '_check_if_valid'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:326: in function '_update_build_mode'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:115: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:114>

save:
1476464602182.zip (5.6 MB)

2 Likes

Hello,

Trying to build the new forge building and I get this error:
release-687 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: attempt to index field ‘_owning_scaffolding’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: in function 'instance’
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
[C]: in function 'destroy_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:82: in function 'destroy_entity’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:143: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:124>
[C]: in function 'destroy’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_manager.lua:71: in function '_destroy_builder’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:456: in function '_check_if_valid’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:326: in function '_update_build_mode’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:115: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:114>

They build the building, but then never take down the scaffolding. Thus, the building is never finished. Double checked progress and they only needed to put furniture in to complete the building.

Hey there @Gamerchickpancakes, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:! Thanks for your report, I’ve merged it here with a previous report of the error.

This is repeatable. Everytime I switch the Languages.
using newest version of german language mod only. no other mods.

release-687 (x64)[M]
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: attempt to index field ‘_owning_scaffolding’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: in function 'instance’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_manager.lua:71: in function '_destroy_builder’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:456: in function '_check_if_valid’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:326: in function '_update_build_mode’

Edit: couldn´t click on gameeplaycontrols after that. Restarted game and reproduced the error, but there was no report of it, but still after switching languages, I couldn´t control Gamplay.

Hi @Rodsengard. This is an error related to building, it’s not related to languages. I’ve merged it here with related reports.

Unfortunately, when these errors happen, they appear every time you load the game so it can get annoying (besides it may have broken some of your buildings).

If you disable the translation mod, can you play the game / use the controls?

1 Like

Not sure what the problem is but I got an engine error related to scaffolding?

release-687 (x64)
stack traceback:

version 687 x64 no mods

I got this same problem, the block didn’t go away. I didn’t get an error until I tried to build a ladder to the broken ladder. Once it was built one of the hearthlings attempted to climb and break down the broken ladder. At that point I got the error below. Also, the hearthling was unsuccessful in tearing down the broken floating ladder.

Hope this helps! :smiley: Love the game so far!

release-687 (x64)
stack traceback:

Welcome to the forum, @Chani :slight_smile:
I’ve merged your post here since it’s the same error.

Could you upload the savefile where that error is happening?
To upload a savefile:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WLWv-bGn1oNldXeldkSVhGZ1U/view?usp=sharing

This zip has 2 saves.

Before the building in question was demolished. (The Blacksmith building) And after I demolished it. After I loaded back into this save the scaffolding was actually gone. So that’s nice.

Also something else worth mentioning, In the ‘Before’ Save. I’ve got 3-4 buildings that won’t finish. No matter what I do or how much stock I’ve got of the items needed. They won’t place the items and won’t finish the building.

Summary: Exception after destroying a ladder

After I destroyed a building which couldn’t be finished (certainly due to a bug) I had the exception quoted in the “Steps to reproduce”.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a building construction not achieving
  2. Sometimes a ladder will stay
  3. Create a ladder under it to make your hearthling destroying it
  4. The exception will spawn

release-687 (x64)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: in function ‘instance’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
[C]: in function ‘destroy_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:82: in function ‘destroy_entity’
[C]: in function ‘destroy’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_manager.lua:71: in function ‘_destroy_builder’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:456: in function ‘_check_if_valid’
stonehearth/services/server/build/ladder_builder.lua:326: in function ‘_update_build_mode’

Expected Results: Not have the exception

Notes: The exception isn’t a show-stopper :slight_smile:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: release-687 (x64) with the new tribe: Rayya’sChildren

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161208-2252)
Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/03/15 09:34:27 Ver: 23.04
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Driver: 372.70 (certified WHQL)

My workers are stop their job and sit around bonfire
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99475879072020725/54BD0371C782398FA586EC1712D0057C56B3805A/

that building
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99475879072021795/5357C414D286B6216C0CC469FE4D393A4F2B395E/
i have turn on continue button already

and when i remove it

i tried to build this building in same place 3 times…

please help me

“release-687 (x64)
_…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: attempt to index field 'owning_scaffolding’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:785: in function ‘instance’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:251>”

part 2
"release-687 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: (3555215 Marianne Carlwine) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reasons: <destination (13249886 stonehearth:decoration:firepit_seat) is no longer valid at start. filter description: find lit fire (x10)>
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>"

Welcome to the forum, @partrucci :slight_smile:

The carpenter workbenches at the right of the picture were placed with the building editor or with the placement UI?

Could you upload the savefile that has the building stuck and the hearthlings resting at the fire? I’d like to take a look at it. To upload a savefile:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

this is my current save

i fixed that building and got it again at my north wall

1 Like

Thanks @partrucci, I was able to reproduce the error with your savefile (at the wall) :slight_smile:

@Chani the buildings are stuck on that savefile because they are adjacent to the mountain or to other buildings, and there’s no place to build the ladders needed to put the remaining furniture or there’s unreachable scaffolding that can’t be torn down.

I managed to finish some of them by building extra ladders to where the hearthlings couldn’t reach.

Not sure what is happening with the forge, even after helping them to get rid of the tiny ladders near the roof (which should be fixed for next alpha) they won’t keep tearing down the scaffolding. It might be due to the ladders that are built on top of the building next to it (also, there’s a trapped hearthling starving on a window).

Thanks for the savefiles!

Thanks for the merging @Relyss :slight_smile: I wasn’t sure if it was related to this topic or not!

I think some of the traces differ a little, but they are probably caused by the same underlying problem.

release-687 (x64)
stack traceback:

Another similar issue when destroying another stuck Blacksmith House. Slightly different error text.

release-687 (x64)
stack traceback: