[A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread

I’m having the same problem again in a different fort where a floor mosaic that places (and builds) normally in most places, will not place itself in an area where it should fit – the game shows it visually as placeable, but when you click to place the template in that spot, it “pops” up thirty-odd feet in the air instead onto the next level. (this time it’s trying to build the mosaic literally thirty feet up in midair, with no support at all).

Do y’all want another savegame on this problem? Or should I post it as a separate bug thread?

Initial attempted placement :

Where it actually goes:

different angle:

(slight differences in background because shots taken during different sessions – tried reloading different game to make it work, save/reload did not fix).

Again, this mosaic does build fine in most locations, it just wont’ fit there for some reason, and I can’t figure out why (neither can the game itself apparently, since visually it’s allowed to place there). There are no buildings above or below it or any other structures that would seemingly be forcing this change. Any tips/thoughts/workarounds appreciated. This is a different fort and unrelated templates from the last time this happened.

edit: this error happens even if I reload a very early save for this map from before I had built or dug anything else at all.

2 Likes