Wizards 0.3.5 A22
THIS IS THE SAME AS THE A21 TEST VERSION (no longer in testing) WITH ARTIFICER CLASS. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS NO NEED TO REDOWNLOAD
This is really just a re-tag to the current game version than a new release. I spent some time reading through the release notes and making sure that nothing in the new version affects anything this mod does; As far as i can tell, there are no conflicts.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THIS VERSION:
Currently known bugs:
- Sometimes the artificer will reach through the back of his crafting desk to craft, as he does not care which side he approaches from to craft. At the moment you can deal with this by placing the crafting bench against a wall to force him to use the correct side.
- Some items may not get moved to a stockpile. I believe I fixed most of them but if you see any more let me know.
v0.3.5 is now also out! This is just a very simple bug fix version that deals with an overlooked issue when changing classes from the green wizard; Before, they would drop the jade hammer, which was never meant to happen and is unsellable. Now it just won’t drop.
- No Changes other than the name
Wizards is a mod that seeks to expand upon the current combat classes in Stonehearth by adding new magical-esque classes to the current roster.This mod (assuming all goes to plan) is the first “pack” of classes I plan on creating (again, if all goes well). As I work on the mod and make progress I will post descriptions of the classes along with screen shots, bugs, to-dos, etc. I hope you enjoy!
There are 3 combat - oriented classes:
- Blue Wizard (ranged debuff / damage hybrid)
- Red Wizard (short range high damage)
- Green Wizard (brawler with aoe abilities)
As well as 1 new crafting class:
The mod now has all the wizard classes and is functional as of Alpha 21. You can download the mod at my google drive (older versions in the download section below). Please Keep in mind this is still very much in alpha; Class progression / requirements, abilities, and buffs are all subject to change.
The blue wizard is a damage / support caster who specializes in ice magic, hurling shards of ice at his enemies. While they lack the sheer firepower of the Red Mage, they make up for it in other ways, able to shoot projectiles as far as an archer and inflicting debuffs to speed and strength. At the highest level they can use their true cold ability to inflict even harsher debuffs, including impairing the enemies regenerative abilities. Damage is scaled off of curiosity and diligence.
- Good health and health regen
- Good Range
- Comparable single target damage
- Great for preventing enemies from running away (pesky archers)
- Decreases enemy damage output
- Essentially makes a single target helpless at max level
- Last Responder (has no speed increase bonuses)
- Low Defense
- Unable to escape from danger (ties in to the lack of speed)
At the moment, you can make a Blue Wizard out of a worker with the Blue Magic Tome, which is crafted by a level 1 herbalist for 1 leather. He is very overpowered early game as he is meant to be a late game class. Eventually he will be reachable from the artificer class for some fairly expensive materials.
The red wizard is a pure dps class who throws molten rocks at his enemies, potentially setting them ablaze. They have less range than the Blue Wizard, but run faster and at ignore 80% of armor (with levels). At level 5 they unlock the inferno ability, a (currently) single target attack that devastates a unit with a massive damage over time effect and stripping the foe of 50% of their armor for the duration. Damage is scaled off of curiosity and diligence.
- Tears through armored enemies with ease
- Good speed; First Responder.
- High single target damage
- Burn things! Devastating DoTs
- Low maximum health, very squishy.
- Low Defense
- Shorter attack range than other ranged units
At the moment, you can make a Red Wizard out of a worker with the Red Magic Tome, which is crafted by a level 1 herbalist for 1 leather. He is overpowered early game(although not quite as much as the blue wizard) as he is meant to be a late game class. Eventually he will be reachable from the artificer class for some fairly expensive materials.
The Green Wizard is a front-lining melee class who wields a warhammer in one hand and their magic tome in the other. Their normal attacks hit with an aoe that hurts up to 3 enemies at a time, and at level 3 they unlock the earthquake ability, a powerful attack that has a large aoe. At level 6, they unlock the ability to summon a stone golem to fight alongside them (not currently implemented)
- good against multiple targets
- great support through their armor aura buff
- powerful abilities
- poor single target damage
- poor tanking capability
At the moment, you can make a Green Wizard out of a worker with the Greeb Magic Tome, which is crafted by a level 1 herbalist for 1 leather. He can hold his own in battle, but will do much better when paired with a knight. Eventually he will be reachable from the artificer class for some fairly expensive materials.