Latest update [2018-06-14]
v.0.7.2 is using a new library (newtonsoft json.net) for reading and saving json files. It’s a quite big update from 0.6 and solves many old problems and workarounds! Only limited tested at release but it seems to work.
TranslateHelper_a072.zip (256.1 KB)
TranslateHelper_a061 removed for now, send a PM if you need it for some reason.
Hi guys, as you know I have been working on a little piece of software that could aid the translation work. Feel free to download and try, when you find bugs, post here or send a PM.
I know the game is not finished, and things could change which makes this program obsolete. If the format isn’t changed too much, it shouldn’t be that hard to update my program. I’m also aware of my limitations, I am not actually a programmer, so anyone with experience and skill should be able to do a better job - that’s also ok
- Open original file (to translate from)
- Start to translate directly, or open your previouslys translated file
- Save to a new file (you can only “Save As”, this is on purpose)
It can also be used to compare two different versions of the same language file thanks to the color coding.
- White = Value is not the same, you have probably translated this row already
- Yellow = Value is the same. Is that really ok? It could be.
- Orange = A translated value is missing, most probably not ok!
Planned features and such:
- Another (optional) input file for the previous original file (same “version” as the previous translation file) to mark differences/changes in the input file.
- Give tips!
- Seems to be a problem with “full width symbols”… Don’t use them please.
- With the 0.7.0 version some characters are saved as escaped.
Here is an updated guide of how to use the program and implement the translation mod:
If you’re interested in the code (to copy it or to review/help/improve), you can find it here: