Community Translations: Volunteers (Overview)

@voxel_pirate will see and he’ll add you onto a normal.

Or maybe even accept my idea about online translation. If yes… :slight_smile:

Would you mind helping me with setting up said translation to Dutch, or maybe even get the github repo going? I am sadly unable to send private messages yet, so maybe you could send me a message containing yer Skype (I am rude for asking that out of the blue), or just reply here, I don’t really mind, but the first option would seem to be a more direct way of conversationatings with a fellow Stonehearthian

hey i dont know how i can help you with the translation to dutch (not my language xD). but translation is now very easy since alpha12. just download this file Dropbox - Error and install sublime text2. then you can open the json-file in the subfolder translation and translate all parts of it.

i have make the startmod for you and add nl-BE and nl-NL because i dont know which of both you want to make (or is the right thing xD)

and i dont know what you mean with github repo? xD

1 Like

for the github repo: GitHub - stonehearth/startermod_locale: Example mod of adding a new language to stonehearth.,
and thankyou for the package ;3

1 Like

At last!!!
I have finally found the way to do it :smiley:
It took me 2 days to be able to find and open the files, and only 30 mins to start translating and test it. But it seems to work :smile:

Still a lot of work to do. But now that I have figured out how to do it it will not take too long. :sweat:
Any way I’m going to need some help with the formating? for accents and the letter “ñ”. @Wiese2007 Will you be able to help me with that? It is a bit off my field of expertise. Thank you :wink:

Have Fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

Hi for this you need a complete new font. the actual font from radiant doesnt support lots of symbols ^^ i think my actual font supports this symbol also … ?

for the translation you have two possible tools:

1. sublime text - http://www.sublimetext.com/
  2. tkh´s translatertool - Tkh's Translation Helper program (downloadable)

so here add this to your mod and override the old files fonts.zip (145.9 KB)

here are the string for the manifest:

“overrides” : {
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/autourone/AutourOne-Regular-webfont.eot” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.eot)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/autourone/AutourOne-Regular-webfont.svg” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.svg)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/autourone/AutourOne-Regular-webfont.ttf” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.ttf)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/autourone/AutourOne-Regular-webfont.woff” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.woff)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/grobold/grobold-webfont.eot” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.eot)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/grobold/grobold-webfont.svg” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.svg)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/grobold/grobold-webfont.ttf” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.ttf)”,
“stonehearth/ui/root/css/fonts/grobold/grobold-webfont.woff” : “file(fonts/de-DE/komika_text.woff)”
}

edit: … ok it was to much to explain sooo here is the mod - just translate the files in the translation folder ^^ Spanish-2617.zip (222.4 KB)

2 Likes

hmm… not to “rain on your parade” @Kythandra, but i believe that there might already be a spanish translation underway over here,

though im sure that you could help them out with it.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help @Wiese2007. I´ll get the mod and start working with it.

Have fun, Kyth.

1 Like

I didn’t know he was doing a translation. He never posted anything here. Thanks for the tip @8BitCrab . I’ll contact him as soon as I get back from work.

Have fun, Kyth.

Actually, I’ll send him a message now :wink:

2 Likes

I confirm, at first it seems easy but if you want to stick to the original SH ton, some descriptions are tricky, I even found one or two that simply cannot be translated at all in french (some with word play)…

4 Likes

The eternal enemy of translators…

3 Likes

Yeah. PL team is actually struggling with ABBA song’ parodies in Sweethart speeches XD

Well, anyone willing to do some translations? PL team has a nice way to ‘boost progress’ and is willing to share with any person and any language. :wink:

3 Likes

Any dutch translators, please get in contact with me, we need to stick our heads together in a collaborative Skype chat or something, so that we won’t waste our time translating things 20 times over.

Message me with your Skype name, and I will get a chat going.
I am going to tag all the current listed Dutch Translators, We need a collaborative team going on!
@Anymn , @Ellogeyen, @Ghost @LineLiar @mderond @Phagocytosis @StevieNL @sweetpallyd @Xander

Maybe you already completed the translation, maybe you didn’t. This way we can check on everyone’s progress, and see if anyone needs help, to get a professional Dutch translation, not just a sloppy Google Translated one.

Thanks in advance, (Bij voorbaat dank),
-IHVD

We could use Webtranslateit like the Polish team is doing. That way we have everything centralized. I’m doing Esperanto on there as well (although I’ve been stalling a bit).

I’m down for that, lets set it up for the dutchies :smiley:

1 Like

@IHVD - Just give an email and you’ll got the access. I made already there place for all languages I know there are people :smile:

For any of you dutchies out there who would like to join, I have currently translated 115 strings to Dutch, but I could use a lot more help!

If you feel like helping out, send me or @phoriist a message with your email address and you will be added to the project! Maybe even add me on skype by sharing your skype username with me, so that we are able to coördinate outside of Discourse’s messaging system, with every dutchy in 1 group.

And not only dutchies. Any language is appreciated. :smile:

@IHVD - I am getting money for next month of the system. It may have problems in next 2-3 days D:

I have been quite inactive on the forums for a while, but I think I should be slightly available again right now!

Hello and I was amazed by Stonehearth. I want to take part in and I can translate into Vietnamese. So plz let’s me do some thing in order to make Stonehearth popular to my country! :grinning: