Hey all! Want to translate the game (Spanish)

First of all… Hi ^^.

Im spanish, and im trying to translate for now Doom & Destiny (http://doomanddestiny.com/). I have all text and help from the author (And permission).

And i think… What if we can help to translate stonehearth? Spanish because im spanish but… all of u can help for other languages.

If we can do this, probably the game gonna have more interest for people who cant play o dont like to play games with other languages.

(Sorry for my bad english, but i hope u can understand what im trying to say).

So… Anyone want to help? ^^

---------------- Spanish ----------------

Practicamente resumo lo de arriba. Comunidad española… ¿Quereis ayudar a que el juego llegue a mas personas porque lo traduzcamos? Pienso que podria hacerle mucho bien si en algun momento de la beta, el juego ya tiene una traduccion oficial multiidiomas que haga que gente de otros paises se pueda sentir interesados.

Cualquier cosa, podeis contactar conmigo en este hilo (o por otros medios como steam, skype o facebook).

Nos vemos ^^

5 Likes

If I could speak Spanish, I would, alas I can’t :frowning:

But really great that someone is doing this!

Hope it works out!

I really want to help this game all i can ^^. I cant do more than translate for now… but… i think its a nice idea :dancer:
Thx ^^

I am sure there will be some more Spanish speakers willing to help once we come closer to the beta. I also do hope that Radiant will put all the language-related-stuff into a handy file. Would make our life a lot easier and we would not have to serach for all the bits and pieces.

IIRC one of the early live streams mentioned that they’d be using HTML to build the interfaces and structure it to make implementing a language translation fairly easy.

-Will

Well, that sounds good, but will be nice is we can create a group for translation all the game and popular mods, no? ^^

I could translate for my language,
i’m not spanish dow…

But that its nice. If radiant give us the permission, we can create a group multilaguage :smiley:

Together, we can.

Like a language club you mean.
Really love the idea.

-pixel

Yep, thats the idea. First of all, i want to see if we have others spanish members here who wants to help…

but yep, i want to make a language club (nice name XD stonehearth language club) for help to introduce other languages here.

If someone want to speak about that more personal, my facebook is: Dark konnan.

Hello!! I’m spanish too, and i’d love to see the game in spanish!! If i remember correctly, i’ve read somewhere that they want to translate it to more languages, but i don’t know how they want to do it. If you need help and i’ve time, i’d be glad to help, but my english level it’s limited.

Also I’m thinkig about making a mod by myself, and i’m sure that i’ll translate it to spanish when it’s done ^^.

I’m with you that if we translate it really soon, more people will be atracted.

------Spanish------

Ey! enas!! da gusto ver españoles x estos lares!! la idea de traducirlo me parece de PM, pero creo que ellos ya tenian pensado algun metodo para traducirlo aunq no se como. Aparte, yo intentaré traducir el mod que quiero hacer.

Desde luego, creo que si lo traducimos en fase beta será más fácil darse a conocer, sobre todo sabiendo que los españoles somos unos garrulos con el ingles xDDDD y mucha gente pasa de jugar xq esta en ingles. Además está el público latino que creo que también necesita conocer este juego :smiley:

De todas formas el vocabulario no debería ser un problema dada la temática, y como no creo que tenga mucha historia no creo que dé mucho problema traducirlo, Me imagino que los textos más largos será la ayuda del juego con explicaciones de quién es quién y que hace cada cosa.

Un Saludo!! y ya hablaremos!!! que ganas de beta! :smiley:

@Raistlin In addition to what wminsing commented, in the FAQ you can see that there is an idea to crowdsource translations. So we can expect that the community can contribute.

1 Like

You’re everywhere Voxel! I can just take a back seat tonight I think haha,

Ty @voxel_pirate i knew i read it somewhere!! that’s what i was talking about

@Raistlin Cuando quieras hablar, me agregas y comentamos lo que sea ^^. No se exactamente como lo haran ellos, aunque ya estuve hablando por privado con ellos y estaba interesados en traducirlos a varios idiomas como el aleman o el español.

(Los textos de ayuda sera lo mas importante que traducir XDDD porque no creo que vaya a ser muy sencillo, y hará falta echarle algunas horas para aprender a jugar bien).

Sea como sea, si por lo que sea al final no “semos” necesarios, pues lo dejamos y ya está ^^.

(Que ganas de beta si! :D)

-------------------English--------------------

If the game will be easily translate, we can wait only for the game u.u

Open question: is the game still fairly playable if we translate JUST the text, but not the number formats?

I’m not spanish … but what do you mean by not changing the number formats? Am I having a moment?

Yep, what are you trying to say with number formats? ^^ say a example pls

xD, yeah, but if it’s written in binary base maybe we need to translate it to decimal base haha

EDIT: ok, now i know what do you want to say O_O, i never thought that the numbers traduction it’s an issue :S

but i guess that just the text it’s the important thing, because people needs to understand first what they are doing, and later, they will be worried about the stats and the numbers and how to min/max (do you know this term??)

Things to consider when you make software for a variety of countries: Internationalization and localization - Wikipedia

It’s fairly easy (from a technical standpoint) to distribute the text files with English in them, and have people translate these to other languages. It becomes a little more challenging when you want to write functions that automatically reformat dates/currency/word direction based on the target language. Totally doable! But often tedious.

One benefit of working on a game is that dates and currency (the things you absolutely want to get right if you’re writing, say, a banking app) are probably a lot less important. I’m wondering how much so.

Not that text is without its considerations! I once worked on a piece of software where we had to allow an extra 33% margin everywhere we used words because German tends to be longer than English. Also, finding culturally neutral icons was an extra challenge.

1 Like