Stonehearth: Music Themes

It is quite possible that I could eat all of my words. :slight_smile: I’m just taking in context clues. The message felt more like the former rather than the latter argument. Also, they stopped putting short little music intros into their streams. That said to me, “oh, they must be cooking something up.” But then the words “no decision on music yet” puts that into a whole different arena. They’re probably weighing their options, it’s just taking. a. long. time. :sunglasses:

with any luck, its because they dont want to rush perfection… fingers crossed

Immpressive! Keep on going I love the main theme!!!

Thanks a lot! :smile:

In music, the more time you have to spend on it, the better it will be. The old saying in Hollywood goes: “Do you want it to be good or do you want it tomorrow?”

1 Like

haha, i love that… applies to virtually any profession/industry… :smile:

and i’m glad you’ve popped back in on the forums, as i’ve really enjoyed going back through all the wonderful tracks you guys have submitted over the months…

for the uninitiated, we have some stellar music from the likes of:

@CaseyEdwards :point_up: & Music and Soundtrack - #118 by CaseyEdwards

@Raj :arrow_right: Music and Soundtrack

@Omnus :arrow_right: Music! Nine themes for Stonehearth [New track: What May Come!]

@Voobr :arrow_right: Music and Soundtrack - #94 by Voobr

@CGBeauty :arrow_right: Soundtrack Idea, would like an opinion. (Nowhere near as polished as Raj)

perhaps we should have a “master list” of all our local maestros… :wink:

2 Likes

Went to the website and they said they can use mah cookies!No cookies for them!

Umm…what?? :confused: haha

1 Like

Live stream happening right now on my interaction with an Xbox One release title that I can now discuss. The game is Killer Instinct and today was the reveal of Orchids character in which me and my wife provided a collaboration with the lead composer. My wife is the female vocalist singing in the Rebel Outpost level that represents Orchid. I think this is ironically important to the forum since @Tom and gang host fighting game tournaments. Check it out!

2 Likes

whoa… i can see why you kept it under wraps… sounds exciting! best of luck with this!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys! I edited my first post and added a few game inspired cues to top of the list for fun. I also would like to write a small demo using the old synth feel that Stonehearth is going for, but in the midst of all my deadlines I’d rather not choose a style or setting to write for. I’m way too indecisive for that! :stuck_out_tongue: Instead it’d be great if you guys would throw some suggestions at me! What would YOU like to hear?

input on a new track from @CaseyEdwards? sign me up… :+1:

could you clarify though? are you asking what sort of mood to evoke, or, setting for the piece… or?

Literally your pick! Character Race, time of day, activity, action, etc. Anything that could potentially have music representation in the game.

well, since you asked… :smiley:

even though we arent likely to see them anytime soon, what about something that could represent the lagomorphs? we dont know much about them, so you have quite a wide degree of creative freedom…

Friendly Faction: Rabbit Clan: An ancient race of honorable, subterranean lagomorphs. Your potential allies.

I’ll see what my brain makes of this as I work through some projects. My first reaction is cute and bouncy, but still human. Maybe the muse will hit! My brain keeps wanting to go towards dark wizardry with a light and magical feel. Considering my writing habits, that’s not too surprising! :smile:

1 Like

Hey guys! Just letting you know I didn’t abandon ship! I’ve actually had some really neat ideas lately for battle music in that old FF7/Ocarina of Time like feel. Lots of fun quartel and quintel harmony with tons of fanfarish brass and perpetual strings! I would have mocked it up already, but I keep getting calls for gigs! Running 4 projects all at the same time at the moment! YIKES! :stuck_out_tongue: No complaints here, but I’m very eager to share my ideas with you all!

2 Likes

love it, looove it…

ok, i understood about 1/3 of that, but im liking what i hear!

and there’s the tease… such is my life, it would seem… you been talking to @Geoffers747 lately?

still, cant wait to hear what you’ve got in the works… :smile:

I’m sorry, Steve! I don’t mean to tease. Just trying to keep the love alive while I’m being constantly swept away from this place. Here is a promo video for my next score. The short is a branding video by director Clinton Jones and is sponsored by the makers of World of Warplanes, a free to play online dog fighting simulator! The short film is a continuation of Clint’s successful series called “Cardboard Warfare.” So if you want a good laugh and tons of action then tune in! The video will be live via YouTube on December 20th.

1 Like

you are a saint among men…

i just listened to the first 30 seconds… so, you provided the track playing in the background, yes? if those pesky hosts werent talking so much, it would have been much more enjoyable! :smile:

Oh, No - This is just promotional material. What we’re doing is an actual short film coming out on the 20th. Go search YouTube for “Cardboard Warfare” and you can watch some of the prequels to this short film. Video game companies often hire directors to do branding videos to help spread the word to different audiences or platforms. I’ve done them for Dead Island and Assassins Creed IV as well. I’ll post the link here when it’s up. :smile:

1 Like

well then, it would seem were in the midst if gaming royalty folks … :smile:

and yes, please keep us updated!