Post your Alpha 8 Screenshots Here!

Using this exploit, I was able to get a lot of villagers, but more importantly, a lot of trees. I tried to clean up some of the merged trees by harvesting one. That left a floating tree just begging for a trunk. Once I designed that, I wanted to build roots, and then I built roots on another tree. I saw a couple of merged “striped” trees, and that reminded me of something, so… yeah.

The banners of the Kingdom of Canadia strike fear into the hearts of any evil-doing travelers.

We really do need darker wood, don’t we?

4 Likes

Three camps? Wow, that bug really does need to get fixed.

Yes we do… It was kind of painful last stream, watching Tom going through the new color pallet and saying things like “Hmm, these should all be lighter” or “This is way too dark”.

I know we always talk about Stonehearth being a fairly light-hearted game–I guess that does make sense…but Tom’s going to need to embrace the darker side of the color scheme eventually!

4 Likes

ive had four :sunglasses:

4 Likes

A small Airship and docks, for the small mining village of Silverthorn

worked with what I could, built docks first to get to the ship to build it.

12 Likes

Wow, nice awsome build! how many Hearthings you have in your village?

:open_mouth: teach me your ways… i love it!
possibly you should just have a thread for all your awesome creations, good or bad idea?

1 Like

seconded… a tutorial series would make me feel only slightly less bad about myself and my building prowess… :smile:

good idea! :+1:

2 Likes

I always keep 10 villagers. Yeah takes longer to build, but the game runs a lot smoother and longer

2 Likes

Lol, I would be a bad teacher. I would be like “Do this and Do that. Whalla” Poof “You now have this build” Plus if I did a vid series, it would be more my 3 kids inturruptions then me. “Okay guys let’s learn to build, Sorry guys brb my daughter needs something” 5 mins later “I’m back okay Let build this, Hold on brb my son is going crazy” :stuck_out_tongue:

But if you all have questions. don’t hesitate to ask.

4 Likes

Start of my humble town

in every town there is always a shanty/sketchy part so I thought for the start of a new development it need to be more rugged. tell me what you think of the path design, I was also thinking of adding flowers into the path to make it look more worn down, and possibly farm pieces for effects of maybe animal dung?

5 Likes

Welcome to Stilton Pier, where the water’s so clear… you literally can’t see it.

I hope to make this place more massive soon, hopefully my save will keep running smooth!

13 Likes

I like the ladder idea.

2 Likes

Screen shots at intervals during a build would work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So…

http://puu.sh/g0mh8/09796e2662.jpg

That door? It totally works. Hearthlings go in and out, like they would if it were a house. Happiness ensues.

6 Likes

I’ll do that, just tried and got this far lol, before error and it erased the whole build. But after they fix the slab tool, that way I’m not doubling up on slab then floor just to erase I’ll post learning to build thread. Ill start with the ship and any other concepts I can do.

First you start with a block.

The carve out your areas to get bases

Make sure you carve interior leaving closers to wall that you will add later. i can junction walls to walls or slabs form post without it going in red statue

Next back to carving, getting the bow and hull, and port of ship design.

Next start adding in details. Like another color of wood or stone to give depth and details. finish carving your areas (ERROR…it disappeared) welp, going to wait for next Dev build on slab fix lol. But anyways after u get your carving done, get ready to babysit, and let the villagers build it. Use ladders to help get them to hard to reach places

6 Likes

water also has a strong sense of gravity in this town xD

2 Likes

Hahaha I know the feeling. Believe it or not that isn’t as bad as you might think. Viewers are more forgiving so long as you make proper cuts :wink: Plus if you get started you’ll slowly start to refine your teaching ability. Took me a little while to get into things and i’m still working things out but having my 10 month old daughter in my recordings is nice (to me) cause it includes her in the vids and my viewers get to “know me” more. Plus wer’re in a one bedroom apartment so…there’s no escaping it.

Amazing builds though! I’d definately watch them to help refine my building process!!!

2 Likes

It’s not quite finished, but I just thought I’d leave this here:

1 block : 25 feet scale replica stylized version of the Eiffel tower! The good people of Nouveauparee are pretty proud of themselves, and I have to say, I’m pretty proud of them too.

13 Likes

it would be fun if you put the ‘hearth’ under it, then at night your hearthlings would sit around it :smile:

4 Likes

Under it?

Why not on top of it? c: