Our take on Tolkien *Community MOD*

that might be better if there come a world editor some time later on other wise they would have to be made as entity’s i think like things in the world, since they are so big :stuck_out_tongue: sadly

But correct me if I’m wrong on this

@LineLiar they where the bigger “orcs” bearing the white hand of saruman in LOTR, the once that captured merry and pippin ! :smiley:

Oh wow… I haven’t watched LOTR (yet)… don’t judge me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bomburs head

w/braided beard

His beta head, A early draft

Bombur might be a challenge since he is so different
but also the funniest (in my opinion) his head is odd now
i only spent a couple of min on him, just wanted to show you
i am still working on models

Bombur’s head on a placeholder-body

Braided beard on placeholder body

Just to show you that his head ins kinda weird (this is not his body) just of another model i had lying around
If there is anything i should make sure to implement on him just tell me :smiley:

CLICK HERE TO GO BACK UP

3 Likes

Bombur is now officially my best friend ever. He looks awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks I will be improving you “little” best friend over time :smiley:

Haha! Plastical surgery, right? :wink:

“yeeeahh” something like that…

yells run fatty run

I’m kidding i do not promote Dwarf abuse in anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO :laughing:

this is probably some sound advice… copyright issues can get real hairy, real quick…

2 Likes

Whilst I agree that for safety, perhaps being a bit more woolly about the whole LOTR theme and making it more general fantasy like some of you have suggested is a sensible thing to do, the problem that would leave you would be that your mod is general fantasy. Stonehearth is general fantasy. I’m not sure what you could add in that would particularly extend the game, other than perhaps simply early implementation of dwarves and mobs like goblins and orcs, and actually including elves. Obviously you could make some very nice modules/stories out of it, but perhaps just step back and have a little think how you could extend the content to a point where vanilla SH wouldn’t cover it. After all, it would be a shame for you to do an awful lot of hard work and then most things to get implemented by Radiant anyway, rendering them a bit useless. I just think that would be a shame, as a community mod is quite a nice idea, and if I get a little bit of spare time in a few months, if I can finish up my pieces and a few for @Avairian, I might put together some pieces specifically for this, although any other pieces I write you’re welcome to have. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sadly yes… but there are other lord of the rings mods that have held out for along time in minecraft
and also its is a shame that Tolkien’s fans would have to cease to make these
because WB bought movie right for the franchise.

It at-least deserves a shot i think it belongs here more than skyrim, because skyrim is part of the elder scrolls, that have been around for a long time and is a big title but stonehearth is a small indie game.

And also is this not more advertising for them rather than anything else :smiley: and how is this different from lets say cosplaying or writing fan-fictions

@SteveAdamo what do think

BUT is this where to cause trouble then i would stop or atleast make it only Tolkien themed
and if I have to shut this down I will

I may have forgot to include this in the description above but with this mod im not re-creating any of the movies or stories im only using the characters created by Tolkien and adding them to your settlement or world, Giving it a feel of Middle earth

then add some cool things but never make exactly what is in the movies :smiley:

2 Likes

I would like to think unit names are fairly harmless… especially as it will probably become extremely easy to simply change our own units names…

there will be plenty of Aragorns running around in no time… :wink:

2 Likes

It’s always fun to name your units. Especially in a game like this! Hm… waiting for an execution chamber to put my citizens in when they aren’t listening or stuck… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I said that I wanted to have some time to think about it.

Fine there must have been a communication error, you where thinking of a theme :smile: and i asked how i was going
you replied fine and where thinking of postphoning it the i asked if you where still gonna make your idea a comuntiy mod or independently, and you said and i quote i may make it independently, i said fine you have my support if you should need it :smiley: that was 14 days ago and i came up with a Hobbit mod myself and wanted to make it a comuntiy mod and as before you are welcom to join! :smile:

and since you are not just a Dwarf but and epic one I must ask. Do you approve of bombur’s beta design above ? @EpicDwarf

You better stay off Bombur, you maniac!

It good, @SquareGabe,also, I said “I MAY make it independently, not I WILL make it independently.”

first of all thanks you. second what i have been trying to say, not very directly (apologies) is that none of that matter this is a Community mod meaning everyone is equal in the making of it so for the third time Welcome aboard! :smiley:

1 Like

OK then! I’ll see what I can do. :smile:

1 Like