A Tolkien Inspired Mod##
What is this ? you may ask (clueless.)
Well listen up, I’m not gonna say this again. I’m going to be making a Middle Earth Inspired MOD
and hopefully i wont be alone.
What do you mean by not alone who else ?
I want to make this a community mod. Meaning anyone (no matter the background in
coding or whatever) Can contribute if they want to. it does not have to be perfect other
could polish it .
Well What could I do ? I dont know anything about modding!
That’s okay most of us don’t. Fortunately this is a big community full of great people.
And together we can defeat the monster know as "coding fear"
you could lend a hand by:
- Making voxel models
- Coming up with Gameplay Mechanics
- Making custom music
- writing some code!
- Helping other in learning if you can.
- critizise but constructively, in a good way (Don’t be that guy)
- Basically any way you think you can!
**By now you’re either **
A) I’m in tell me more!
B) nope not for me !*
A) keep on reading buddy!
B) well there might be something you like
somewhere else on these forums.
Glad to see you’re still here
let me introduce to you the mod idea. at long last
recommend opening in another tab
- Have your town populated with the magnificent creatures of old,
From the books of late J.R.R. TOLKIEN ~rest in peace~
- Experience the Magic of Middle Earth, Not just Gandalf’s…
- Perpare you settlement for a great battles with fierce foes such as: Sauron (ofcourse), The Great Goblin King (Big fat one), Azolg the defiler (Movie Kind) and etc… (more to come)
- Rank up your Human settler, to Become a Noble and wise Wizard or a Honorable and mighty Warrior.
- New ore such as Mithril and hopefully more…
- More to come…
help expand this list!
List of Models (guideline)
any model is welcome this is just
a list of ideas
List of Models (guideline)
Gandalf and the Dwarfs ( a tricky task )
Elrond, Thranduil, Legolas (or any of the elves)
Beorn (Human or Bear)
Lord Of The Rings
Frodo, Sam,Merry or Pippin (might be hard to tell apart)
Anyone from the company of the ring
Goblins (though radiant has theirs)
Great spiders ! (would be easily take out for Arachnophobiacs)
OR just anyone you like (from the franchise)
Any suggestions ? you can also make items
How can i be of service now ?
making models is a good start! try your luck with your favorite J.R.R TOLKIEN character
post it even if its **not “perfect” ** other might give you tips and give you ideas to better you creation
Development might be slow in terms adding models to the game for a week
since I’m waiting for the Stonehearth qubicle edition like many other!
But i will be making more models nonetheless meanwhile
This post will Be updated on a regular basis (this is now a rough draft a pre-alpha if you will)
suggestion and criticism below (be nice to others who have suggestions)
Keep it clean please i know going of topic is tempting but keep at minimum