Our take on Tolkien *Community MOD*

Sounds interesting, I’d say be careful though, questionable legality here I’m pretty sure at best. That and limitations act as a good/bad thing. Although seeing if anything good came out of the old community mod thread could be worthwhile.

yea pretty much this. A middle earth mod for Skyrim got ceased because of this. Warner Bros. shut down free Skyrim LoTR mod

Maybe if you take your own twist to it and rename the mod, maybe it could pass, I dunno.

I love the idea of a community mod though. I am busy with my own mod now, but if it gets rolling I might jump in.

i haven’t actually watched any of the hobbit movies

A more general fantasy theme drawing inspiration from Tolkien, perhaps? That would allow for other things as well if people want to model outside of the Tolkien theme. We could even develop an original fantasy setting here, call the mod something like Stonehearth+ and your set.

1 Like

Anyone familiar with the “The Third age” Totalwar Mod for Medieval Totalwar Kingdoms its still going strong. I think we’ll be alright.

@Xavion @Miturion Well, if any trouble where to arise i think we could modify the mod so it could pass, skyrim was way more realistic then stonehearth is and also a bigger title not a small-ish indie game. WB might own the intellectual property of the movies i do not think they own the books, in the Hobbit book azolg the defiler was but a small role more of a tale for example, and lots of lord of the ring mods prosper in peace many be they minecraft or whatever

sorry for the writing style been reading far to many old books

@epicdarf I did ask you if you wanted to do something like this a communtity mod and you where on board at first but then you said you wanted to make a mod on your own so i then thought of a theme and made the post, But you are welcome ofcourse since that is the idea behind the mod that everyone is equal and can contribute!

And I want to thanks everyone for showing their support and willingness to contribute what they can, its great to see this astounding community coming together like this,

And like i said no experience is required my just greatful that you share interest,
and you could use this mod to gain experience :smiley:

This is indeed an outstanding community :clap:

3 Likes

On behalf of the community: oh you :blush:

5 Likes

Haha, oh me. Lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

These are amazing @Lele99 good too have you aboard

1 Like

i love Lotr and its Lore so i will be watching this!!

1 Like

I shall march my Skinchanger army led by King Newf and Lord Beorn and slaughter all those in the Shire!

Bilbo walking about minding his business
*notices army led by Mighty king newf, and reaches for his pocket
slips on the ring
finds gandalf = army is screwed

just kidding

It would be really awesome implementing skin-changers, its possible indeed

Implementing skin-Changers would require us to make some Lore ourselves or place the game in the Second Age because in the Third Age the Skin Changers were enslaved and now Beorn is the only surviving Skin Changer

Yeah, I thought about that, Making lore is also apart of the fun this is where we can make, what we wanted to see in the movies or read in the books

I can just imagine a village or family of skin-changer near your settlement, which you would want to be-friend
quickly, because they are fierce enemy’s and at night the could help defend you settlement from goblins!

What if you are the Skin-Changer settlement? We could have playable races…

What about Orcs?

goblins, orcs (Uruk-hai) , just general hostile mobs

I personally would love to see a reproduction of Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, Riven Dell, The Shire, or the town in Rohan (don’t know the name)

Uruk-hai? Lol. Didn’t know it was also called that :stuck_out_tongue: