I really like the personality types presently in Stonehearth and the little monologues they utter. However, given that we get more citizens now, there seems to be not enough variation in them to my tastes. So, I thought I’d think of some new ones, and ask for ideas from others, as well! You could just come up with a general theme for one, or do what I did below and come up with suggestions for all their little phrases! And then the developers (or modders) can determine if they think it’s worth adding them in (as is, or altered somehow, or whatever).
I’ll list the ones that have been completed (have sufficient sayings for each category), both my own and those devised by others, below.
- Carpentry? Well, why not? I have loads of ideas already!
- There’s something kind of sad about cutting down something so big and beautiful.
- Must remember to use more greens and browns in the future. Quite an effect.
- Well, tree—now I’m breaking you down with the swings of my axe. Later I may rebuild you with the swings of my brush!
- Chopping wood is well and good, but I gotta be careful with my hands. They are valuable!
- Just think of the things that can be built out of all this wood!
- Quite a personality on that last tree! Oh well, on to the next.
- And just like that, we have a happy little tree. Hey little fellow!
- I cannot remember anything I dreamt, but it must have been a lot, because I awoke full of inspiration today.
- I dreamed of the strangest place where people were all strange and soft. Like they were made of non-cubes or something. Weird, even for me.
- You know, I could really use this shade of purple for painting. I wonder if that would be okay…
- A plate of berries makes for a great still life. But I’ve already done that… twice. Maybe I’ll do one in space? Everything is better in space.
- Blue berries boast best biting but boring binging! Beneficial but bare.
Eating similar foods:
- I’ve seen too [much/many] [recent food] recently. Variety is the spice of life! Or it should be…
- If I keep eating [recent food], soon it will be all I see anywhere!
- So much to see here, so much to discover. I don’t know where to begin!
- All these new experiences and emotions—as soon as I get a chance, I must take some time to get it all out somehow. Did we bring a canvas?
No food all day:
- I thought going hungry might inspire me, but instead it seems it’s just distracting when my stomach rumbles the whole time.
- Well, if I spend less time eating, at least I’ll be able to focus more on creative pursuits!
- Food seems to feature heavily in my recent works…
- If I live through this hunger, it could make for a great story. If…
- Are we going to eat soon? My vision seems to be blurring, and things just don’t look the same. I don’t think I like it.
- I’m so hungry I don’t think I’ll be able to do my dance routine tonight! There goes a two-week spree…
- Maybe if I painted some food and stared at it… that might do something?
- Oh, weaving? Can I make whatever I like?
- Alright, I’ll be a carpenter! I’ve always dreamt of building something up out of nothing. Out of wood should do just as well.
- Spirit of the tree! Go out and be free! Perhaps we’ll meet again someday.
- At first, all this chopping seemed kind of tough, but once you get into it, t here’s something about the rhythm of it that’s really rather soothing…
- I like listening to the song of the leaves while I chop this wood.
- Don’t worry, tree. I’m sure you’re going to a better place.
- That was a big tree! Must have seen a thing or two in its time.
- We must seem so fast to a tree!
- I went on a journey that went on for ages tonight. What a story it was! I’m going to be thinking about this all day.
- Maybe life itself is just a dream that we have yet to wake up from… I’m not sure if that thought is sad or exciting!
- I wonder if [animals] dream as well! If only I could ask them…
- I wonder when they first started eating berries. Hard to think what they would have eaten before then!
- Berries are nice…
- If I were a berry, what kind would I be? Hey guys, what do you think?
- Why are they blue?
Eating similar foods:
- I do wish we would have something other than this [recent food] one of these days…
- This [recent food] doesn’t look anywhere near as good as when I first had it.
- We’ve arrived. And… it’s beautiful! I sure can see myself living here.
- Just like I imagined it would be!
- We’re going to have so many adventures here…
No food all day:
- I wonder if the food will just taste that much better tomorrow. There… will be food tomorrow, right?
- Certainly there must be food somewhere? The world is full of things!
- I wonder… wait a second, I’m hungry!
- If I don’t get food soon, my body may fall… but my spirit will live on!
- Maybe around this bend will be some food… no? Maybe behind that tree, then… aw, shoot. Perhaps underneath that rock?
- I think I’m starting to hallucinate from hunger. Hard to be sure though, what with my regular daydreams.
- Just a friendly warning, I may space out on occasion…
- Hurrah, I’m the carpenter. I can already feel the hammer on my thumb.
- Oh, enough already with all the chopping!
- I’ll never reach my wood-chopping quota at this rate…
- Chop. Chop. Chop. Chop. Yep. This seems about the right level of excitement for my life.
- Splinters! [pessimistic reaction]
- More wood chopping? Please, help me contain my joy.
- Here I am again, chopping down a tree. Wishing I and it could switch places.
- I’m cutting trees and I can’t be bothered to be witty about it.
- I wonder what it means when I dream of being chased by pmonsters] three nights in one week? Probably that [teacher] hates me.
- AAH! Ah! …What? Oh. Great. From one nightmare into another.
- I think that was actually a nice dream. Of course I forget it right away.
- They’re sticky, they’re bitter, and they’re not really filling.
- These berries are almost as good as that bug I swallowed just now.
- Maybe I’ll choke on one of the seeds. Nah, I’ll never get that lucky.
Eating similar foods:
- Another day of having [recent food]. [pessimistic reaction]
- [recent food] again? I hate that stuff.
- ::cough:: [recent food]? ::cough:: ::cough::
- Ugh. Can’t we just go back?
- Well, this could be worse. Right? Give me a moment, I’ll think of a way.
No food all day:
- I guess we’ll have to eat insects soon. Or worse.
- Nothing to eat today, huh? [pessimistic reaction]
- An empty stomach. [pessimistic reaction]
- Nothing like a bit of hunger to distract from uter misery.
- Starvation. [pessimistic reaction]
- At least when we inevitably starve to death, we’ll be done with all this.
- Starving to death with a bunch of nitwits for company. But at least we’ve got fresh air, eh? Ugh.
- Starvation seems a fitting finale to the string of annoyances and disappointments that is my life.
- Weaving? Sounds dull.
- Of course.
- I knew it.
- Sure, why not?
- Just what was missing.
- What’s next?
- What a surprise.
- Right on schedule.
- Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.
- Sounds about right.
- Just what the doctor ordered.
I had some ideas for other personality types (and I did write some of their lines along the way), but it turns out this is much more work than I expected to think up, so I’ll just be sharing their prospective names for now. I may edit later to add their actual quotes, as well.
- Eccentric loner
- Light-hearted comedian
- Insecure worrier
- Harmless maniac
Let me know what you think, and again, feel free to share your own ideas as well!
EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot. I notice the optimist character is now a “Hopeless optimist”… is that really correct? Shouldn’t it be “Hopeful” or something?