New personality types!

These are the ones I wrote down that I like in particular.

Well, I’ll do that for ones that are really completed. I’ve looked through the text files, and it looks like these numbers are used for the numbers of sayings per category by the six personality types currently in the game:

Carpenter promote: 1
Chopping wood: 6-10
Dreams: 2-3
Eating berries: 1-6
Eating similar foods: 2-4
Embarking: 1-2
No food all day: 3-4
Starving: 3-6
Weaver promote: 1

Currently mostly working on my concept for a Romantic dreamer.

Thanks for finding this, I’ll update my personalities accordingly.

1 Like

Awesome! Good luck as well—some of these are tricky to come up with enough for, at least to me they are.

Of further help may be the presets that can be used for some of these categories. Here’s a list for them that I think is exhaustive.

• For dreams:
  • Material adjective
    • Shiny
    • Soft
    • Pricky
    • Fragile
    • Nicked
    • Dense
  • Monsters/Dream monsters
    • Wolves
    • Goblins
    • Dragons
    • Trolls
    • Hedgehogs
    • Swamp monsters
    • Rabbits
  • Teacher (becomes “Cid” for ascendancy; “Rayya” for Rayya’s children; “Valin” for northern alliance)
  • Animals
    • Wolves
    • Sheep
    • Rabbits
    • Chickens
    • Deer
    • Porcupines
    • Raccoons*
  • Action verb
    • Dance
    • Sing
    • Spin
    • Attack
    • Chant
    • Explode
  • Prosaic plural noun/Dream counter
    • Sheep
    • Hammers
    • Trees
    • Shoes
    • Wooden logs
    • Grass
    • Berries
  • Awesome food
    • Apple pie
    • Steak
    • Turkey drumsticks
    • Beef ribs
    • Venison
    • Honey glazed ham
    • Roast raccoon
  • Dream parts
    • [monsters] were attacking our caravan
    • the [prosaic plural noun] grew arms and legs and began to [action verb]
    • [teacher] asked me to [action verb] in front of a large audience
    • I found a [material adjective] mirror under my pillow
  • Eat once per day
  • Eat reactions
    • Mmm!
    • Food is good.
    • Wooo!
    • Happiness.
    • Joy.
    • Oh boy!
    • Delicious
    • Better than starving!
  • Embarking
  • Action verb
    • Polka
    • Yowl
    • Cartwheel

And of course, as we’ve all seen, [recent food] is sometimes used as well.

I discovered a new category hidden in the asme file as “Eating similar foods”: “Super nutritious food” (things like “Wow! That [recent food] made me feel super healthy!” and “This [recent food] is going to fuel today’s great works!”). This one has between 3 and 4 sayings, but only Beleaguered leader, Hopeless optimist and Lovable rogue have non-generic sayings, so it’s up to you whether you want to add that one.

(*) I noticed the raccoons in-game were spelled “racoon” and thought at first that was wrong, but when I looked it up I saw that was a possibility. However, I think we should aim for consistency and spell it as “racoon” here as well, or as “raccoon” in-game (i.e. as the name when you select them) as well.

1 Like

I added lines for a suggested Romantic dreamer personality to my original post.

Shiny Dragons Explode Sheep Shoes Dream Apple Pie Polka Joy.

1 Like

Okay?

Sounds a bit like one of my generated cave names. What personality would say this? :slight_smile:

Psychopath personality a person who speaks random stuff

As someone who knows a psychopath pretty well, you obviously have no clue what a psychopath is.

Maybe you mean a schizophrenic?

These are awesome! Does anyone have any questions regarding modding these into the game?

2 Likes

hmm… didn’t i put something together (albeit brief) for this? back when we had the last writer’s workshop?

i’ll see if i can dig it up…

1 Like

Well, if Radiant Entertainment just wants to steal them, that’s fine also—at least, the ones that I come up with are freely available for that, even if they are changed a bit (or a lot) first. If that doesn’t happen, I may mod them in myself once I’ve finished up some more of the ones that I have an idea for (the ones mentioned in the OP). I’m sure I’ll have many questions by that point, but between little bits of experience with programming and the help I can find on the forum, I should be able to figure it out.

1 Like

this may be horribly incorrect at this point… but here’s the brief “guide” I tossed up on adding new personality types journal entries:

1 Like

Actually, something like that could work for my Harmless maniac personality idea. I could have them have a dream line like,

[material adjective] [animals] [action verb] [monsters] [animals] [prosaic plural noun] [action verb]. [Awesome food]!

Let’s see, you’d get…

Soft sheep chant dragons raccoons berries explode. Steak!
Fragile rabbits dance goblins wolves hammers attack. Honey glazed ham!

Yep! Could work :smiley:

I’ve added another one: the Sarcastic pessimist (renamed from the Pessimistic realist because the joke was not really worth it being a much less accurate description). It’s up in the OP.

Hah, I can’t stand this one. Too much pointless negativity! But I suppose they have a place as well.

Go ahead - I won’t even ask for royalties :wink: .

2 Likes