[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

Thanks for letting me know, should be fixed now.

2 Likes

i wonder if there is some possibility to make Decorations for the game and implement them in a Mod. I really want to contribute a bit by creating some Decorations for this game but unfortunately i have zero skills in modding :cry:

I just crafted a Fur bed. As I didnā€™t need it right away I didnā€™t placed it and left it to be stored in a crate for furniture, decoration, defences and doors. It wasnā€™t stored. I then tested if it would be taken to a stockpile for everything. And it was.
I checked also with a crate accepting everything. It was taken to the crate too. Just in case, check its category.
Iā€™m also using endpieces, terrain colours, easymode and Jomaxro_doorway mods.

Wonderful mod BTW!

Have fun, Kyth.

1 Like

This was caused by a spelling mistake, should be fixed and stored as furniture now. Thanks for the report.

3 Likes

Please, rework your mod for 21 alpha. I cant assign my gardener =(

1 Like

Should now work with Alpha 21 let me know if there are any other issues.

4 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

Hi @The_M, thank you for updating!

I found some issues during the play.

As shown in the picture, the text are not displayed correctly.
And the plants are not at the right position, the left side is litso grass and the right side is ember plant.
I didnā€™t check all of them, so there may be more.

The tool icon is missing, and the description of the requirement can be simplified.

1 Like

I found another item, Foxfire Slime. It has problems with stockpiles and is only stored on places with ā€œAllā€ enabled.

Have fun, Kyth.

1 Like

Hello here. Nice mod! I just released a compatibility patch between Settlement Decor Mod 1.14 and Better Stockpiles 0.21. Check it out!

I have encountered some problems during the making of the patch. Some entities donā€™t have their .json files formatted properly, like the plants and plant resources (pod, slime, stem, pollen) with wrong material tags. Also the lanterns have the ā€œlight_sourceā€ material tag missing.

6 Likes

Just encounterd an error while harveting litso grass, and the hearthlings just fall into an infinite loop in harvesting themā€¦

release-703 (x64)[M]
std::exception: ''settlementdecor' has no alias named 'litso_grass_pod' in the manifest.'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'create_entity'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:24: in function 'create_entity'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:98: in function '_harvest_one_time'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:136: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:127>
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'run'
	...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>
	[C]: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:595: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:579>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:579: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>
1 Like

Yup, I could never ā€˜harvestā€™ them either so I just moved existing ones over to my settlement and manually made the hearts pick them.

1 Like

The new update should fix the issues mentioned above.

5 Likes

Apologies if this has been posted somewhereā€¦ I tried looking!

Butā€¦ anyhow everything seems to be working well except the hanging pots seem kind of wonky. Asking my gardener to make Hanging Ember Pots results in Litso pots, Litso pots result in cactus potsā€¦ ā€¦ and infuriatingly cactus pots also result in cactus pots so I donā€™t seem able to work around it.

Anyway thanks! Oh and I was curiousā€¦ Gardener being Build enabled, rather than farming like the cook that also comes from farmer? o.o

1 Like

absolutly lovely, just great !!
ty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Fixed the issue with hanging pots and as for the gardener being build enabled this was mostly because I felt that farming was something that didnā€™t often seem to be needed and the gardener also wasnā€™t vital to a towns survival, which is why I though the gardener being able to build would be better to make it more useful. Though it does make sense that the gardener should be able to farm, so now it can farm and build :grinning:

3 Likes

Whee thank you!! Thatā€™sā€¦ actually a big help; my setllement kind of ballooned and theyā€™re having food troubles a smidge.

2 Likes

@The_M I love this mod, thank you.

I do have a question if you donā€™t mind. Is it possible to get fine objects added to the carpenterā€™s crafts? Especially the windows, doors, and beds? LOL All of them, really.

I love the different colors that are added to the base game items when a fine one is produced.

3 Likes

Thanks, glad you like the mod. This is definitely something I want to do in the near future as part of a large update to the mod.

6 Likes

Yay! :jubilant: I canā€™t wait.