Game is too violent! We need more non-lethal weapons

Therefore I’m pleading for the implementation of clothbows that use bolts of cloth as ammunition. You might also think about giving knights soft cushions as their weapon of choice.

:wink:

9 Likes

That still sounds pretty violent. I think this game needs hugs,not rugs.

5 Likes

I concur. Hearthlings should also be able to cultivate pipe-weed, especially Longbottom Leaf, Old Toby and Southern Star.

2 Likes

That’s still too violent. Make union system and become friend with undeads and critters too.
No need to fight. All friends.

1 Like

Actually, we’ve had some serious discussion on non-lethal weapons for different playing style attempts. Nets, blunt sides of weapons, etc. could be an alternate option to try and avoid outright total war with entities like the goblins or future human foes (and possible some magical ones like the golems, but in different ways). This could be a more “tactical” route, where the player has to balance out killing enemies (which might be easier and award more experience) and trying to maintain positive relations or impressions via self-control and appeasement. Naturally, a town known for causing complete annihilation might seem a little dangerous and terrifying for potential immigrants to want to come to…

See here for the threads:
Feedback on Combat
Let’s talk military!

7 Likes

One of the more subtle ones today, I’m guessing :laughing:

3 Likes

I would totally love filling a dungeon with captives. I wish all entities would age and eventually die, so they can spend the rest of their lives in my … hospitality. :smiley:

4 Likes

While that might be true I have to admit that slaughtering shivering or fleeing goblins is kinda heartbreaking. Also true for sobbing giant zombies.

2 Likes

Count me in for the pillow fights!

6 Likes

oh man, when idle activities are implemented, someone will definitely have to make a pillow fight mod…

5 Likes

Also for snowball fights! Maybe combined with pillow fights… or as you might say, “snollow fights”

7 Likes

Ugh… You know, anyone can add idles right now. The problem is having enough knowledge of the inner workings of the AI. They’re not too difficult to learn, but you need to know everything that is available in order to make it in an easy way.

3 Likes

I want an origami Staff so I can part the waters in my lake for the new age of hearthling kind. Paper hats included. That would be nice pace of things giving sweets to the lonely wolves and using feathers to tickle the fancy of the other beasties.

Very odd post indeed… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Relyss You’re thinking what I’m thinking!

On a more serious note, I do feel terrible when killing goblins sometimes. I mean look at them! They’re so cute when they are not swinging those metal things (actually they are just as cute when they do swing them).
I now want a goblin inhabitant in my town.

1 Like

You speak, we listen:

http://stonehearth.net/early-dt-new-combat-option/

Update: I am SO glad we are all on the same page

8 Likes

Even though scissors are somewhat dangerous (don’t run with 'em), it’s a step in the right direction. Good work. :smiley:

4 Likes

Sorry for the possible offopic, but I can’t help but rejoice at the sight of such a feature. I’m naturally crying with joy now. You monsters.
Let it be celebrated with this fine music.

1 Like

Just a question, if i use a comfy chair as weapon, does it count as soft? i mean it has pillow… :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Comfy chairs are commonly used for torture, so I’d rather have them not ingame.

3 Likes

Can’t watch from germany (even though there are versions on YT that do work). Should install some proxy solution. Not a big fan of Basement Jaxx (was about to abbreviate the name, but then it would’ve sounded inappropriate and wrong), but I’ve alyways been partial to Do Your Thing, which is, imo, even more rejoicy. :wink: