[Con] All villagers stuck in the ground

Been experiencing some minor problems, so I save & loaded several times.
Resulted this.

1. When loading, you get the error message: radiant/lib/env.lua:6: assertion failed!
  2. All villagers stuck in the ground with only their heads exposed, unable to move.

All attempt to reproduce the same bug failed. Seems it is also possible that my save is corrupted. I will send the save file via e-mail, if requested.

6 Likes

Yeah, i’m about to lose a pretty awesome settlement to the dreaded head bug. :frowning:

Sleep tight, don’t let the head-bug bite.

1 Like

Ya I have no clue how to reproduce it. Other then it randomly happens when you load a game.

I think it’s stored in a particular save, so that you can load as many times as you like, you’ll get the citizens stuck in the ground every time. (See the start of the video attached below.)

If it helps, here are two saves where it happens, to me. In the former, all my citizens are stuck; in the latter, my carpenter and trapper are spared somehow (and they don’t seem altogether concerned about the lot of his fellow citizens). In the second save, also note Lorna on the ladder to the scaffolding of the house that’s being constructed.

Save 1

Save 2

Also my log files after the second save.

stonehearth.log (8.1 KB)
gfx.log

Pretty high priority bug, if you ask me. It’s broken my only two games so far within an hour of play (well, combined with the UI freeze bug that caused me to save and load in both cases).

Oh, I also got an error message like @Aron0621 mentioned/showed each time, which can also be seen in the video, but it was slightly different. Again, the first save is shown at the beginning; the second save at the end, as it is what made me end up stopping the recording.

4 Likes

thanks for the report @Aron0621, and all the confirmations folks…

and thanks as well for the savegames and logs @Phagocytosis, that should help immensely! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

This bug it’s a curse in itself. Thank you very much for the new information / ideas, @Phagocytosis :+1:

1 Like

tis no bug, you angered the goblins and they sent a message XD

1 Like

We’re trying to repro this too. Were the people carrying stuff when you saved/loaded?

potentially (somewhat) related issue:

1 Like

Have you looked at the second save game I attached? Lorna is on the ladder to the house that’s being constructed, which means you can see slightly more to her than to the others, which might be helpful. I can’t recall if you can tell whether she was carrying something, but if she was building the house she could have been carrying a log. The new footman was also stuck in the ground, but not the carpenter or the trapper. You could check if those were empty-handed.

1 Like

I just got this feature as well but I just received notification for a new villager, a carpenter,  to join and ended up with the HUD being stuck open for the second workbench put down.  On attempting a Save and Reload the reload shows several villagers stuck in the ground with heads. The save becomes pretty much unusable after this point from villager useage point of view.

Save files:
Save 1
Save 2

& a 5 minute capture, Save markers in video description:
YouTube

1 Like

On reload, got this villager who is apparently short, and maybe stuck in the wall.

No mods, beafy machine.

hmm, I cant tell… is this just the floating head bug, or is his body still present, but hidden within the house?

The body is present, just really compressed, and hidden by the wall.

Actually all my people are this way:

Here is close-up of body:

1 Like

Oh we can see pinochio this screenshots are so amazing to watch. I laught a lot^^

Yep, that’s the head bug—citizens on the ground only show their heads, but if they’re up high for some reason you can see their whole bodies kind of compressed like that. I attached a save (the second one in the linked post) where you can see that in Lorna on the ladder to the house I’m building.

2 Likes

thanks for the confirmation @Phagocytosismerged

2 Likes

Rumor on the street is that @ponder gunned this one down… stay tuned!

4 Likes

If this is true, i’m buying a ticket, flying down there, and giving you all hugs.

I won’t say a word.

Then i’ll just turn around and fly home.

3 Likes

hmm… is this really a problem that required fixing?

i dunno about you, but if i were a goblin, i would find this terribly intimidating!

https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/stonehearth/_optimized/e81/b81/0af79d2478_690x396.png

4 Likes