Title: Builders idle with wood available outside stockpile
Summary: Most of my citizens were building two houses, when at some point they just stopped and started idling on the worksite (Fig. 1). You can see that there is no wood in my stockpile(s), but wood is lying about outside it (Fig. 2). Not sure if relevant, but I also had the citizens collect berries from all over the map, most of which were still lying around in baskets where they had been picked from the bushes.
Steps to reproduce: If I am correct that this is due to no wood in stockpiles (even though wood is available elsewhere), it would be something like:
- Chop down several trees and create wood stockpile(s)
- Before workers have a chance to move the wood into stockpile(s), have one or more houses being built
- Observe and see if workers retrieve the wood outside the stockpile(s) when they run out, or instead start idling on the worksite as in my case
Expected results: Upon running out of wood, if none was available in stockpiles, the citizens would retrieve wood from elsewhere on the map. If not that, then at least they would go perform other duties (such as retrieving the berries I still had lying around).
Fig. 1: Builders idling on the worksite.
Fig. 2: Stockpiles (near worksite) are empty of wood, but wood is available where I had several trees cut down (bottom right).
Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 99) according to the title screen.
- OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 bits (6.2, build 9200)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
- Memory: 8192MB RAM
- DirectX-version: DirectX 11
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660