Hearthlings not gathering items!

Hearthlings are leaving stuff behind. Like when they finished building something they leave the wood and stone behind and never picking it up and i have like 3 buildings covered with wood and stone :c

Is this caused by pathfinding?

1 Like

hey there @Cube1,

where is the stuff left at? just all around the build site? or is it left on the roof?

1 Like

everywhere
even on farmland they just dont pick anything up after a while.
Even when i tell them to loot the stuff.

Saving and loading does not help.

how many hearthlings do you have? and how far into the game are you (how many in-game days)?

1 Like

Well it started happening on day 14-16 and i have 11 hearthlings

im on day 21 now so…

it gets worse every ingame day… because it gets so messy it starts lagging by 10 fps

hmm… thats not at all close to “late game”…

1 Like

Yeah, But it’s like the idling hearthling bug but with items

do they do other things?

Well… everything else works perfect. but i cant do anything without stone/wood when they leave it on the ground… it takes like ages to get wood/stone they cut down a tree and leave the wood there even when they have nothing else to do.

you do have the correct storage… right?

[quote=“Cube1, post:11, topic:16840”]
but i cant do anything without stone/wood when they leave it on the ground…
[/quote]you should be able to use the wood even if its not in the stockpile, unless thats changed recently…

Hmm… i dont know ;_;

maybe thats part of the glitch/bug/error

EDIT: oh it is not changed… their not moving it into stockpiles…

and i think i did something wrong… i grew trees… ON trees ON trees ON trees ._.

ah yes… the good ol’ tree towers…

1 Like

That is hilarious :smiley:

the not moving item glitch/bug/error seems like hearthlings are ignoring the crates… sometimes

1 Like

I’m actually having this same problem, but I don’t think its linked to crates as I generally put all resources such as wood and stone in a stockpile. It seems to be happening every time I hit around 11 or 12 hearthlings.

Edit: Building and mining and all that still works. They only ignore the action to pick something up.

2 Likes

hmm… so you do have the correct filters turned on to allow the storage of those things… have you tired making abrand new stockpile that allows for everything?