Team Radiant’s Journal Entry Competition!
hey folks! as was mentioned here, in celebration for the reopening of our Writer’s Workshop, the “theme” will be journal entries for in-game units…
… a writing contest whose prompt involves journal entries in the voices of various personas of the settlers in the game.
- the entry has to be appropriate to one of the 6 existing personas:
- Beleaguered Leader
- Hopeless Optimist
- Lovable Rogue
- Psychopathic Misanthrope
- Insufferable Academic
- Diligent Sweetheart
- the entry has to trigger on a deterministic action already in the game (embarking, chopping trees, picking berries, eating, sleeping, promotion, etc)
- the entry has to be ~200 characters, to fit in the space provided by the character sheet
- the entry must be self contained (no referencing other entries, or people)
- the entry must be equally applicable to either gender
update: you can submit two entries per round, and can vote for as many entries as you like!
please use this thread only for the submissions themselves, as this thread can be used discuss the competition and submitted entries… thanks!
Team Radiant would take the top-voted fan entry and, if it’s deemed appropriate, include it in the game, providing editorial oversight to keep the final text short, content-appropriate, and in a consistent voice.
that’s right, should the aforementioned criteria be met, the selected winners will see their work featured in-game as part of a unit’s various journal entries!
submissions begin: Friday, January 17th (technically, you can start submitting them now!)
submissions end: Wednesday, January 22nd at 12PM CST
voting ends: Friday, January 24th, 12:00PM CST
the next round will kick off on the 24th, and will follow the same basic pattern for the next 3 weeks…
have fun, and good luck!