[FINALS] Writer’s Workshop: Team Radiant Edition!

ok folks, here we are… the third and final round! :+1:

this time, we’re only asking for votes on submissions that have made it through the first two rounds… we’ve worked up a final selection process, so please vote for all of your favorites! :smile:

i’ll be creating separate posts for each of the finalists, and will update this post when voting can begin… i’ll also toss up a quick discussion for this round…

stay tuned!

edit: ok, all submissions are in, so let the voting commence… and good luck to all our finalists!! :clap:

edit #2: i’ve removed the category for now, so the thread can remain perched atop the Discourse for a bit… yeah, i can do that… it’s a thing!

edit #3: this round will run through Friday afternoon, when we’ll announce the winning submissions!

[FINALS] Writer’s Workshop: Team Radiant Edition! [Discussion]

Lovable Rogue, on crafting completion (of a chair)

One for the stockpile, and one for the black market! Who knew there was such a demand for illicit wooden chairs?

Hopeless Optimist, Awaking after sleeping on the ground

I’m sure they’re working on getting us beds, right? It probably just takes time. I mean they can’t be doing this to us on purpose…right?

Beleaguered Leader

I am beginning to think that my citizens are not under my control. That an outside force is controlling them…

Loveable Rogue, Upon Picking Berries

I should really stop trying to sneak these berries into my pockets. If I keep it up somebody might notice the large purple stains in my pants.

Hopeless Optimist, upon waking

You guys I had the best dream. It was about a benevolent being, who watches and guides our every action.

Diligent Sweetheart, collecting wool

I kind of feel bad about shearing all the poor sheep here, but their fluffy coats WERE starting to become a threat to my own cuteness level…

Insufferable Academic on starting a new job

Ha! This is what an education brings! A Job! In your face! They called me nerd, they called me geek; well looks who’s laughing now!

Insufferable Academic, Chopping Trees

I cannot help but feel the necessity to mention the alarming rate at which we are deforesting the entire region… What? No, of course I’m not trying to avoid lumber duties!

Lovable Rogue, Berry picking

Collect berries? I’m going to HOARD berries! If an endless supply of jelly doesn’t spell ‘delicious’, I don’t know what does.

Beleaguered Leader, on first contact with the Dwarves

We’ve made a little contact with the Dwarves. Here’s hoping he only takes up a pint-sized amount of my time.

Hopeless Optimist, when the goblin faction invades/is spotted

Oh! Goblins! I wonder if they’re bringing any cake…

Lovable Rogue, on Promotion

Wait no - no no no! I am not ready to settle down like that! Take it back, please?

Psychopathic Misanthrope, on promotion to carpenter.

A saw! They’re giving me a saw! For making chairs, tables, doors and… I wonder if it can cut through bone…

Hopeless Optimist, Gathering Berries

Ow, these branches are so sharp! Well, never mind. I’ll just get some more plasters. It probably makes me look cool with all these bandages, like a mummy or something. Although on a separate note I do feel rather light-headed…

Insufferable Academic, When sleeping on ground

Maybe if I rotate 30 degrees I’ll be more comfortable…

Psychopathic Misanthrope, upon completion of a structure.

Wait, if I can’t burn it down what was the point of building it?

Hopeless Optimist, when starving:

Oh, great! Another day without food… That’s exactly that little push I needed for starting my diet!

Psychopathic Misanthrope, upon eating berries.

Aaah the berries are even more delicious when I imagine how they tremble in fear on my plate and when they see my gigantic hand they scream and squeal. Haha - I gonna eat you all! Cower before my hand!

Insufferable Academic, Promotion to Carpenter

Hmph, I would be the only one here that knows how to use a saw.