[FINALS] Writer’s Workshop: Team Radiant Edition!

ok folks, here we are… the third and final round! :+1:

this time, we’re only asking for votes on submissions that have made it through the first two rounds… we’ve worked up a final selection process, so please vote for all of your favorites! :smile:

i’ll be creating separate posts for each of the finalists, and will update this post when voting can begin… i’ll also toss up a quick discussion for this round…

stay tuned!

edit: ok, all submissions are in, so let the voting commence… and good luck to all our finalists!! :clap:

edit #2: i’ve removed the category for now, so the thread can remain perched atop the Discourse for a bit… yeah, i can do that… it’s a thing!

edit #3: this round will run through Friday afternoon, when we’ll announce the winning submissions!

2 Likes

Lovable Rogue, on crafting completion (of a chair)

One for the stockpile, and one for the black market! Who knew there was such a demand for illicit wooden chairs?

9 Likes

Hopeless Optimist, Awaking after sleeping on the ground

I’m sure they’re working on getting us beds, right? It probably just takes time. I mean they can’t be doing this to us on purpose…right?

8 Likes

Beleaguered Leader

I am beginning to think that my citizens are not under my control. That an outside force is controlling them…

7 Likes

Loveable Rogue, Upon Picking Berries

I should really stop trying to sneak these berries into my pockets. If I keep it up somebody might notice the large purple stains in my pants.

9 Likes

Hopeless Optimist, upon waking

You guys I had the best dream. It was about a benevolent being, who watches and guides our every action.

3 Likes

Diligent Sweetheart, collecting wool

I kind of feel bad about shearing all the poor sheep here, but their fluffy coats WERE starting to become a threat to my own cuteness level…

6 Likes

Insufferable Academic on starting a new job

Ha! This is what an education brings! A Job! In your face! They called me nerd, they called me geek; well looks who’s laughing now!

8 Likes

Insufferable Academic, Chopping Trees

I cannot help but feel the necessity to mention the alarming rate at which we are deforesting the entire region… What? No, of course I’m not trying to avoid lumber duties!

10 Likes

Lovable Rogue, Berry picking

Collect berries? I’m going to HOARD berries! If an endless supply of jelly doesn’t spell ‘delicious’, I don’t know what does.

2 Likes

Beleaguered Leader, on first contact with the Dwarves

We’ve made a little contact with the Dwarves. Here’s hoping he only takes up a pint-sized amount of my time.

4 Likes

Hopeless Optimist, when the goblin faction invades/is spotted

Oh! Goblins! I wonder if they’re bringing any cake…

5 Likes

Lovable Rogue, on Promotion

Wait no - no no no! I am not ready to settle down like that! Take it back, please?

8 Likes

Psychopathic Misanthrope, on promotion to carpenter.

A saw! They’re giving me a saw! For making chairs, tables, doors and… I wonder if it can cut through bone…

8 Likes

Hopeless Optimist, Gathering Berries

Ow, these branches are so sharp! Well, never mind. I’ll just get some more plasters. It probably makes me look cool with all these bandages, like a mummy or something. Although on a separate note I do feel rather light-headed…

3 Likes

Insufferable Academic, When sleeping on ground

Maybe if I rotate 30 degrees I’ll be more comfortable…

6 Likes

Psychopathic Misanthrope, upon completion of a structure.

Wait, if I can’t burn it down what was the point of building it?

11 Likes

Hopeless Optimist, when starving:

Oh, great! Another day without food… That’s exactly that little push I needed for starting my diet!

11 Likes

Psychopathic Misanthrope, upon eating berries.

Aaah the berries are even more delicious when I imagine how they tremble in fear on my plate and when they see my gigantic hand they scream and squeal. Haha - I gonna eat you all! Cower before my hand!

6 Likes

Insufferable Academic, Promotion to Carpenter

Hmph, I would be the only one here that knows how to use a saw.

6 Likes