Writer’s Workshop Discussion. Cycle 3, Week 4 - FINALS

If you want to submit your stories then please head on over here.

This thread is for the discussion of everything related to this weeks theme and submitted stories. Be it a critique, suggestion, or just general chat about your favorite submission.

Also feel free to post other stories you were thinking of submitting or other ideas you had around this weeks theme. If you have new ideas for competition themes, you can submit those right here.

1 Like

YES!!! Steffers Geodamo

lol

1 Like

Hmmm… :neutral_face:

sorry, had to throw a curve ball for the finals! :smile:

edit: ok, good news folks… i’ve gotten a little “care package” from Team Radiant… thanks @sdee, @Tom and @Ponder for putting that all together! :+1:

i’ll try and snap some pics of the goodies we have as competition prizes…

1 Like

well done @Atralane… really really well done… :+1:

1 Like

I almost want to give up, ALMOST!

Darn. I’m too late to enter a story. I had a few good ideas for a story . . .

Sigh Maybe next time.

Next week is steampunk :smiley: :+1: for @SteveAdamo

2 Likes

it is indeed… wonder whose brilliant idea that was… :smile:

speaking of though, we need more suggestions for upcoming themes…

DON’T YOU GIVE UP ON ME!!!

(Just joking around.)

I am pretty excited for the Steampunk plotline coming up, myself. It still feels a bit weird to me, since I’ve seen how just the concepts of firearms (blackpowder, from the engineer description) and vehicles/trains (in terms of steam power) have really sparked interesting debates on the forums regarding what era Stonehearth should ultimately be defined under.

(Personally, I’m a fan of the Steampunk idea myself, I apologize to any Fantasy purists present…)

I could not help it and have a slight overage… @SteveAdamo is that okay or must I delete some?

Nevermind I tidied it up and in my word processor it tells me its exactly 400 words now, not counting the title…

Hope you folks enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If we’re talking about all the blackpowder and things they’ve been around a looooooong time. Gunpowder, muskets, cannons, the printing press, and other things have been around the beginning of the renaissance, which was from 1300 to 1600 I believe

1 Like

I might take a while to get my story up, real life setbacks and not good creative juices, will endeavor to drink some more.

sorry, i already closed the competition… it was supposed to close this morning, but my day was rather hectic… :blush:

Right, and if I remember correctly, I know Transylvania for sure had a remarkably accurate hand cannon around this early period (yes, that’s from Deadliest Warrior.). Steam power was being adapted for mining and mills some time in the 18th century, but there were earlier, smaller uses before then I’m sure.

I’d really like to see these early phases of tech present in the Stonehearth world–I suppose our stories for this upcoming cycle will be sort of a testament to them!

So I looked up some gun stuff. The Chinese hand cannon was invented in the 1200’s,matchlock muskets in the 1500’s

And wheel locks in the 1500’s

sorry (again) for the delay here… i’ll wrap up this cycle tomorrow morning, announce the winners/prizes, and launch the next cycle…

trying to get all my ducks to stop hitting me in a row!

What!? the whole thing wasnen’t 4 days long?!?!??!!? I didn’t even get to enter :cry: [quote=“SteveAdamo, post:19, topic:3072”]
i’ll wrap up this cycle tomorrow morning
[/quote]

:cry:

Was my week so hectic i missed a whole week of competition?

you and me both my friend… :unamused:

I’m sorry to hear that, I was wondering why it was so quiet this time around…

–But hey! The Steampunk plot’s still coming up, so get ready!

Full power to the aft turbines and swing the guns around, Mr. @Smith. Maximum steam.

1 Like