Writer’s Workshop Discussion. Cycle 1, Week 4 - FINALS

If you want to submit your stories then please head on over here.

This thread is for the discussion of everything related to this weeks theme and submitted stories. Be it a critique, suggestion, or just general chat about your favorite submission.

Also feel free to post other stories you were thinking of submitting or other ideas you had around this weeks theme.

Dibs on the name Kayla for the geomanceress :smile:

guess im waiting for next week to try again

yes, this week is for the finalists… @CableX17, @PDanford, @voxel_pirate and @RoseyNineOneOne

but please do check the new theme schedule, and see which theme(s) you like! :smiley:

Oh my… basically my story is finished but this time the wordcount caught up with me.
I have 824 words ready, shall I post it or must I weed out a bit? (removed a paragraph with about 50 words already sigh)

i hate to feel like i’m stifling creativity! would folks (readers and submitters alike) object to 1k words for the finals?

If the others agree that would be neat, then I could even keep the other paragraph :slight_smile:

Man I am so eager to post LOL

i would not mind i mean i went to over 50 exact for one of the upcoming ones.
i cant wait to post mine for the next 3 weeks. they are link together pretty good i think

go ahead, for the finals we’ll bump to 1k… :+1:

I am so excited about how this piece will be received, this competition is huge fun!!!

@PDanford i like the story but at times it was hard to understand but again good job and i like the ending

Whats up with @CableX17 and @RoseyNineOneOne? We are two stories short (see what I did there?)!

putting the finishing touches on their respective masterpieces, no doubt… :wink:

Thank you very much. You are completely right I do have to work on providing a better readable flow, especially changes of pace tend to throw me off track.
Hopefully throughout the competition I will be able to improve more and more through feedback like yours! :hear_no_evil: :wink:

you know i cant wait to get back in this. im already to go for the next 2 weeks

excellent! we’ll be opening up cycle 2 in the next few days… :smiley:

Wasn’t sure how to write for this one. Ehhh… this’ll have to do. Enjoy.

Somehow not all too many people vote… ah well this makes the outcome even more exciting :four_leaf_clover:

i’m trying my best to wait until the end before reading the submissions… trying

Just realized I might have killed the word count. We did change it for the finals, right? :dizzy_face:

Edit: @SteveAdamo… in case that wasn’t obvious enough.