Unofficial Model- and Template-Files for Qubicle

Actually this video was the one I wanted, from 15:15 you describe the process of copying colours identically, using Paint as a way to directly sample the colours and then taking the values it provides and putting them in the Qubicle Colour Picker. But the problem for me is that those values simply don’t translate. I have a colour that is R200 G160 B53 H29 in Paint but in Qubicle it won’t allow me to input those values, as whenever I get the RGB right and try to change the hue, it changes the green and blue values. So I can’t do the colour translation between Paint and Qubicle.

And of course, I now realise that I don’t need to mess with Hue, Saturation or Lum(ination?), Qubicle and Paint just gives them different values for odd reasons. The only thing I need is the right RGB value and I’ve checked and that works. /noobmodeoff

Thanks for the help though :smile:

Edit: With noobishness turned off, the model was coloured and here we are: Tier 0 Bed.qmo(3.9 KB)

3 Likes

Closest thing is picking the lightest color in the paintpicture. Not a shadowed one. But I think you figured that out already. Nice bed.

1 Like

Fortunately although I asked my question about where to sample colours from afterwards, this had been coloured entirely off a screenshot of a birds-eye view so they should all be fine. Currently working on icon versions of things, as I’m not sure if anyone has yet done any icon versions :smile:

@LunarWolf, you sir, earned these… spend them well!

{ 2 Official Internet Points }

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Smokestacks… and finally also welcome in the inner circle :wink:.

2 Likes

As the cyclops is no longer in my mod I decided to create the one from the actual game so here he is, someone might have a use for him.

Cyclops.qmo(13.5 KB)

2 Likes

great model :beetle:

Made up a Female Farmer yesterday

Villager - Female Farmer.qmo(15.3 KB)

2 Likes

You know with the qualities of these models why doesn’t some one suggest to you know…help out the radiant team by putting forth the models for free

The payment being the game gets done earlier?

silence

No? Anyone?
Well it was a long shot…I guess I’ll just uhh…go sit in the corner of the forums over here

interesting idea, but… :smile:

a) i dont think Team Radiant is in dire need of voxel aid, and

b) the models are already “free”… effectively…

c) this week’s desktop tuesday is out, so… time to read! :blush:

If this was an option I would never be outside of Qubicle. There are a lot of issues with having a game made in a certain style and having more than a few people working on assets. I would help if I was asked but I think the pace of production of the game is good, why rush it when taking their time can make the models and the game that much better?

@Rybilton Not sure if I get it right. However, the models you see here are mostly copies of art which was created by Tom and shared with us either per screenshot or in the different live-streams. I fear that Tom is still playing in another league than most of us here in regards of creating Voxel-Art. So i don’t think we could provide too much help at this point in time… :disappointed:.

P.S. Updated the list with the new farmer model, thx @Pandemic for sharing.

3 Likes

Would It be possible for someone to make the OBJs for these models? I wanted to go ahead and animate these characters for an idea of mine.

I may start doing this soon, depends on if there is a strong enough support to the idea

Please think twice about that. The business model of Qubicle is that if you like it you buy the home or master edition which allows you to export into the .obj-format. Providing a single model to a friend so he can play around with it should not be a big deal, but offering this as a “service”…

@Vince5754 If you want to play around and get used to animations, etc. feel free to take a look into this thread. You will find also some .obj-files there which you can download to get started.

5 Likes

I made a Rabbit Man! Honorable Mentions: @Smokestacks & @Valiance

Enjoy!

EDIT: Last Bunny has some errors, body was 1 taller than it was supposed to be.

EDIT 2: Last Pack had color errors.

Rabbit Pack.qmo (83.8 KB)

Contains Dark and Brown colors of fur, corrected colored armor, colored weapons

(Might adjust again with female model but unlikely due to the odds being that the female would’ve had changes since livestream.)

8 Likes

I made a beserker, with a wolf hood, sorry for the late reply, you could take a look at that if you want, but i would have to send it to you, because i dont have the full version of qubicle and pictures dont do it credit

You could always render it as a turntable, so you get the full 360 degree view of it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

but i cant export it… :frowning:

Why not? It’s a feature in all versions, including the free one…:confounded: