Help importing hearthlings?

I just downloaded the trial version of Qubicle 2, watched some tutorials, played around a little, and I think I have a pretty good grasp on how to make an actual given shape. To test myself, I made a shoe, and it was appropriately shoelike.

What I would like to do now is to find the hearthling models, so that I can have some fun and make some new hearthlings, more hairstyles, different clothes, that sort of thing. Nothing insane.

Eventually, I would like to form those models into a small mod, but that’s way down the line. For now, I would just really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction for how to find the dang things.

I’m certain that there’s a really simple trick for this somewhere, but I may be a moron, so please use small words.

1 Like

I’m gonna assume you’ve already unpacked the stonehearth mod.

What you’re looking for is in /stonehearth/entities/humans/, there you will find all the models for the hearthlings.
Also, I’d like to add that all the models for the game can be found under the entities folder. In there you can easily find what you’re looking for in there in terms of in-game models.

Good luck, can’t wait to see what you come up with! :smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Wait, okay. Moron time, as I said. Stonehearth mod? Is that the thing linked in the third post here?

Extract the mods/stonehearth.smod file with a zip extractor of your choice (7zip, WinRAR, … WinZIP if that’s still around). You can find the models for hearthlings inside mods/stonehearth.smod/stonehearth/entities/humans.

That being said, I think that you cannot import or export .qb files in the Qubicle trial version, so this whole thing is more or less fruitless.

Aha! That’s the step I was missing, then.

Also, it appears that you are correct about not being able to import/open .qb files in the trial. I was hoping to play around with them in the trial version for a bit, to see if I enjoyed fiddling enough to put down the actual money. I think now I’ll most likely start checking out what other voxel editors are out and about, then :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your help!

2 Likes

well i opened up one of the files that i downloaded, from the thread that @Yeti linked to, in the free trial…