Tobias' Norsemen (and women) WIP

Well my self imposed exile did not last long… here is a work in progress of the Radhus, the townhall.

There are a lot of things here which are wrong and a few (a very few) which are ok. The pitch of the roof is causing me issues and at certain angles it is a bit of a ‘Hot Mess’ (thanks @Tom for that phrase, new house favorite)

Also I am completely in the dark about the building construction rules so this heap will probably not construct/deconstruct gracefully without a serious redesign, but on a positive note it was tons of fun building a stave-church-a -like!

anyway back to mel and the incomprehensible…

6 Likes

Umm… and some more house WIPs

Thanks go to @cole3050 for suggestions about steeper roof angles

Hmm how is scaffolding going to work here eh? Hmmm problems methinks…

5 Likes

Loving the houses, they look great! As for the scaffolding … hmm, perhaps if your settlers could move onto the roof to continue building each level?

thats a moot point when the buildings look that swank… and i also applaud your maya efforts… :+1:

Scaffolding would go under the roof until it is built, then removed. It is a little more complicated, but not overly so. That is how arches and domes are traditionally built.

Arches? Domes? What is this madness?!

Will our guys be able to put up scaffolding inside? Definitely one of those things we’ll have to wait and see with me thinks.

This mod looks incredible. I can not wait for the game to be released and now I can’t wait for your mod! Holy Cow! :smile:

The only thing I can think of is if water doesn’t come into the game in a way where they can sail in the boats… wouldn’t it be cool if they just like lived in them on land? Upset norse men and women who love there boats so much.

Just a thought… but great work!

This looks amazing. keep up the good work :smiley:

@TobiasSabathius the town hall roof is perfect just like what I was telling you about :smiley: maybe try the same style on the house. I really like the peak.

This… This is beautiful. I am in awe of the amount of effort you have put into this. Not only can you make great models, but you can animate them too…

Wow. Once we have the game in our hands, I’ll come and get your norse beauties for sure! It’s people like yourself that will turn this great game into something epic! :sunny:

man can I just say that you my friend have some BADA@#!!! talent.

Screw building a monument in @TobiasSabathius honor, the first thing I’m going to make is a shed in his name.

Who’s to say that monuments and sheds are mutually exclusive?!

1 Like

pshh. Monuments don’t come CLOSE to sheds in terms of honouring brilliance in Stonehearth.

Your honours bring a tear to my eye, I shall redouble my efforts.

3 Likes

if what you have demonstrated so far, isnt representative of your best work, i fear the poor voxels you will be whipping into shape… :smile:

but honestly, when Tom is calling out your work, i think you’ve achieved a certain level… sighs

oh well, there’s always basket-weaving, right?

2 Likes

@SteveAdamo Maybe we should start a basket weaving and knitting club to put our ‘skills’ to use.

1 Like

@twip How about we just change this into a basket weaving and knitting discourse?

I am super excited to be mentioned in the stream and must confess I ran around squeeing and clapping my hand like a big manly man.

Here below are the fruits of some of my less voxely labours.

Although it looks quite nice as yet fewer than half the buttons do anything more than make mocking fart noises when pressed.

P.S. Wife says Knitting is really hard!

9 Likes