The Spartans Faction

I think this looks a lot more natural. The pectoral muscles start at about armpit level (as seen here) versus at shoulder level, where it was last model. I think in looks a lot better. (although now try moving the belly button down a voxel or so? I dunno, it just seems too high for me…)

Done and Done.

I props wont be making any more models at the moment until I’m finished with animating them in blender, so that means alot of more hard work that shall be done in a few weeks or so, I may even show you some little bits and bobs here and then.

4 Likes

I was fully expecting you to type ‘bits and boobs’ there.

I think I need to go to bed.

Model definitely looks better though, look forward to seeing your blender work!

1 Like

seconded… on the improvements… not that other thing… :wink:

the edits really worked well! :+1:

Sorry their was no updates for the last hundreds of weeks but unfortunately my computers hard disk malfunction and I lost all my data, I sent it back because it was still under warrant so I now have a new one and I also have to redo everything I ever done… So after I’m done doing that I will get back to making more Spartans! (Also gauls)

Looks great! We already have a bunch of models of other empires ( Rome, Japan, etc.) and this is a great addition!

By the way, you know the “This is Sparta” scene in 300? If you modeled that it would be pretty cool :wink:

Okay guys here is an update for the Spartans, first thing I want to show off is 2 new weapons via Sword and Shield and also an iron version of the Spartan shield.

Now here is the iron version of a Spartan helmet, I couldn’t decide which one I liked best so I’m leaving it to you guys to decide the left one is A and the right one is B.

Alright here is some more pictures, I made a different version of the starting first 2 ranks of helmets and I’m not too sure which one is best, the top row is A and the bottom part is B.

Now to show you the new and improved armour!

Note: this is from 300 :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool! I’m loving the. 300 stuff, and I think A is better, with the gold trim making the helmet look more diverse in the color department.

A and A for both images, looking very nice. I love the new armour

Hey guys! Me here with a big update this time, so first off we are going to look at some buildings so come right on through the door!

Here is a statue of our great leader!

Alright I’ve made the carpenter which is in brown (leather) and the blacksmith (not finished)

Now to last pictures of a Banner and Javalin

Feel free to ask me to add stuff (as long as they go with the mod)

3 Likes

Where’s the pit? It’s missing the pit. How can this be spartan without the pit?

This looks awesome!

Sorry, couldn’t help it…

I’ma leave that for a future update

Great job on the modeling! I can’t wait to see my leader kick a Persian in a well!

Hey guys finally back from a long rest now its time to get back to work >:)

This is a redo of the Javelin from the previous update

Have a new curved sword and a better spear to play with!

The Blacksmiths new helmet

And a new helmet for the troops

Now here is where to vote A is the left B is the right, choose what suits the greek style best, or maybe both?

2 Likes

somehow, I missed a considerable portion of these model updates … excellent, excellent work @DJ_Astro!!

looking forward to whatever else your rest generates … :smile:

I am willing to take suggestions, but now my goal is to create up to at least 3 other factions including Sparta in total.

Short little vote for the farmer A (Left) B (Right)

1 Like

No chances on just keeping both and making them random models? they both look very good.

Hey mate, just an idea you could build helots, they would have no name just be called helot and you could make them your workers. Check out my tutorial for how to mod it in:

Just change eve to helot. Make a male and a female one then promote them to the classes. I think it would be awsome as only your spartans are important enough to have names, so who cares if a helot dies.