Teach me how to SMOD

Houston, we have a problem. I just made Ruby’s Scythe, but it would seem the iconic form is broken! When carrying the weapon to the stockpile, the blacksmith had nothing in her hands, and now that the sword is in the stockpile…

The footmen are not picking it up and equipping it, nor does it appear to be visible anywhere in the stockpile.

I tried making a separate model to be the iconic model, but it didn’t seem to work. I don’t have any errors or anything though. I ran all my JSON through JSONlint, and all appeared to be in order.

Help? What do you do @8BitCrab when you need a specific icon model?

umm… i had this happen with Armory Expansion, in the end it was something to do with the iconic.json not having the correct file path or something like that…

so i would say double check your file paths for all of the scythes .jsons (not just the iconic one) also make sure to check the .log file to see if it has anything to say about it.

1 Like

Silly me. I spelled it as Sycthe in my saved models, but as Scythe everywhere else!:confounded:

2 Likes

well i’m glad it was just a file name/path that was wrong, would have been a pain to track it down otherwise…

Yep. It’s funny, I knew that that “cy” would be the death of me somewhere.

1 Like

I like your Scythe but not his red color :wink:

@LaGrosseChoco
It’s colored like that because it’s modeled after this!
[URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Tatsutetsu/media/RWBY%20Crescent%20Rose/Reference_zps3a0cab6b.jpg.html][/URL]

1 Like

Which comes from this…

http://www.ringoame.notcliche.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/red6.gif

I am haveing the same problem changing it back to a .smod from a .zip

How so? Can you just not see the .zip file extension?

The little icon does not change from a zipped folder to the blank piece of paper, and the details still read “Compressed (zipped) folder”, instead of “SMOD file”

and the game won’t launch

What are you trying to do? You made a mod and want to turn it into a *.smod?

@Kodi4444 do you have File name extensions enabled?

You’re probably adding more than one extension and so everything breaks.
If you show the file extensions you will be able to see the actual extension of the folder.

1 Like

Thanks, that did it.

hi guys… i have a major issue i was hoping you could help with, i would create a new thread but its an smod issue so…

ok so i read Radiant’s dev comment on steam about how to increase the size of the world via stonehearth.smod

i followed the instructions exactly, but here they are listed as to what i actually did.

• found the stonehearth.smod in the mod folder… the icon was a blank page i double clicked… it asked what prog i wanted to open it with, i chose bandizip… i extracted the as extract here i did not move any of the smods files at all.
  • i opened the new Stonehearth folder (the new on in mods which was extracted) navigated to services > server > game_creation > Game_creation.lua (again the icon was a blank page) opened with notepad
  • changed default values (all three) main one (previously value was 2 - changed this to 5… small and tiny were at value one… changed these both to 4)
  • saved
  • launched the game -game refuses to launch

Tried every fix i know (listed below)

• tried to get the .smod files to not read as zip files anymore (they now always have the bandizip icon no matter what even though they are still called .smod) could not find out how
  • reinstalled the game (it somehow kept my modded values whereas normally it should reset to defalut - basically still bandizip icon + the new stonehearth folder was still there)
  • removed the mod fold entirely (delted) verified cache… it repopulated ONLY the .smod files… they are still being read as bandizip (((i think THIS is the issue???))))
  • deleted new stonehearth folder and all .smods again… uninstalled… reinistalled… verified… still wont launch
    -restarted pc… used ccleaner… still wont launch…

please… help???

sorry i cant seem to edit the post so i will say this - i did also try deleting my custom settings in the game_creation… etc… but every time i reinstalled and etc… those values never reset to default, so even after manually resseting them, the game still does not work

The icon image is not a problem. It is just a visual aid.
What is probably happening is that you have two mods now. Move the original to somewhere else so only your version is in the mods