Teach me how to SMOD

that would help :slight_smile:

RWBY_weapons_mod.zip (57.6 KB)

Now with one singular weapon!

i notced this just as you posted the mod, but there’s an extra comma here,

"mixintos" : {

"stonehearth/jobs/blacksmith/recipes/recipes.json" : "file(jobs/blacksmith/recipes/recipes.json)",

}

it should actually look like this,

"mixintos" : {

"stonehearth/jobs/blacksmith/recipes/recipes.json" : "file(jobs/blacksmith/recipes/recipes.json)"

}

the game is unable to load the mod due to the manifest being invalid .json, in the future i would suggest validating your .json files with jsonlint whenever you make a change to a file.

hope that helps/makes sense

1 Like

Bookmarked!:sweat_smile:

There was also another comma that was wrong. I took both out but it still isn’t there.:sob:

Edit: Jsonlint is proclaiming all my json is now vaild, but It’s still not in-game.

could you check/upload your stonehearth.log file? it should tell you/us why the mod isn’t loading.

stonehearth.log (16.5 KB)

There’s a note at the top that says “resources | Module RWBY_weapons_mod version 1 is out of data (expected: 2)”

oh, you need to set the version in the manifest to “2” then.

1 Like

ooh. I saw that in your armory mod, but i just thought that was simply a version number, nothing really important.

Engine error!
release-549 (x64)c++ exception: ‘RWBY_weapons_mod’ has no alias named ‘weapons:Weiss_sword’ in the manifest.stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:120: in function ‘_initialize_recipe_data’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:107: in function ‘_build_craftable_recipe_list’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:69: in function <…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:39>

Gotta figure this out now. But it shows up in the crafting menu now! Making progress.

the “version” in the manifest doesnt refer to your mods number… i forget what it actually means, but as of A14 it has to be set to to in order for the mod to load.

that means there’s an invalid file path in the manifest, often caused by a typo somewhere in either the manifest or the files themselves

Part two of the error

release-549 (x64)@stonehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:121: Crafter job stonehearth:jobs:blacksmith has a recipe named “weapons:Weiss_sword” that produces an item not in the manifest RWBY_weapons_mod:weapons:Weiss_swordstack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:442: in function ‘verify’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:121: in function ‘_initialize_recipe_data’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:107: in function ‘_build_craftable_recipe_list’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:69: in function <…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:39>

Fixed it!

This makes me happy :joy:. The black circle in the background, less so. Any experience with MagicaVoxel?

1 Like

to turn off the black circle simply disable “GD” in render mode, this turns off the ground so the background is completely transparent.

edit:

here’s a screenshot of what i’m talking about,

the red circled button is what you want to disable.

2 Likes

Yep, worked Perfectly. Thanks for all your help. I’m going to bed now, but I’m afraid there’s a new problem, with the shadows…

This can really only be perfectly viewed by playing the save, but now the world shadows update weird. Like, the game can’t update the shadows fast enough or something. It probably can’t be fixed, and it wasn’t happening before I just got the mod to work.

Edit: I reloaded the game and the shadows are gone, so I removed the save.

It’s supposed to be the “modding API” version number. After a lot of changes in A14 Radiant changed the game’s API version to 2, so all the old mods for version 1 would automatically not load rather than cause errors. Of course, that doesn’t mean mods compatible with, say, A15, are going to automatically compatible as long as Radiant stays checking for mods made for API version 2 or newer.

1 Like

Alright @8BitCrab, I’ve got one more problem. I hope.

That’s not how you hold that Steve!

How do I flip the sword around so that he actually holds it like he is supposed too?

1 Like

with the flip/rotate buttons,

i believe you need to flip it on the “Y” for it to work properly

edit:

you also might want to refer to this guide,

1 Like

Hey it worked! Turns out, not only was the weapon not centered, the point of the sword was at the crosshair. I had to simply drag it across so that the end of the handle was there instead.

That should be it for a little while, at least. I want to add in some 2 handed (Read: 2 swords) weapons. For now though, time to fight some monsters!

OK. Another problem here. This time I know what caused the problem, I just don’t know how to fix it. I just added in another weapon, so i renamed the folder from “RWBY_weapons_mod” to “RWBY_weapons_mod_1_1”. Now, everytime I load my saved game in which my footman already had equipped the first sword when it was “RWBY_weapons_mod”, I get a load of engine errors, 1 about the footman not yeilding after AI spins, A few mention lua errors, and one saying that the game couldnt find the sword in the manifest of “RWBY_weapons_mod”, even though that folder is no longer in the mod folder and has been replaced by the new one.

I’m assuming the errors come from the footman suddenly not having the weapon he was supposed to, because it references the weapon as coming from the old file path. Is there anyway I can get around this, and update what the game is now supposed to look for?

Added sweet pic for spoilers. Not related to problem.

Edit: I guess what I’m asking is “How does one do version compatibility?”

I’d say the best way is to just Not Change the name of the mod

You can name them ‘version what what’ in post but having the name for the fime itself be consistent would be my suggestion sice i do it myself and add numbers to backup files and old resions instead of the latest release

Edit : also i love the RWBY weapons bolth in the cartoon and in the mod of yours

3 Likes

Ok. I realized last night while I was sleeping that that was probably the best thing to do. Thanks for for liking the model.