Swamp Biome + Firefly Clan + Beast Tamer 🐾

This made me cry inside. SH people (OK, Bruno is not an ordinary SH person) release quality stuff and I cannot get a conceptually simple feature to work for two months.

what is this “conceptually simple” thing and would i call it dark magic and or rocket science?

To be fair, my update took 2 months too. And it is mostly copy pasting and color swaps. The pots were not even me, it was @Amnaa, she showed it to me and I asked for it.

The most work I had there was the egg raiding mechanic, which does not even work properly lol, enemies spawn to attack the eggs, but they get distracted with every little thing in the way, and end up only attacking the egg last. I wanted them to go kamikaze into it, like those goblins destroying player stockpiles

3 Likes

patch_notes_button Mod Updated

Download:
Through Steam Workshop, or :up: At the first post. :up:

New:
Added swing (chair)
Added swamp variation to doodles (flower insect)
Added clay brick fence and brick fence end
Added stone door
Added stone window
Added stone chair
Added clay checkers table
Added clay input bin
Added clay bed
Added clay chest
Added mini fountain

Changed:
Improved spiritwalker aura effects
Improved UI buttons, crafter menus and job icons

Fixed:
Fixed goblins not laying eggs when living in other kingdoms
Fixed humans being able to lay eggs when living in the firefly clan
Fixed missing perk icons

9 Likes

I can’t download the download stop in 15,1 mb of 15,1 mb it’s a problem with the site or mod? my internet it’s normally

“Fixed humans being able to lay eggs when living in the firefly clan”
well… that must have been a REALLY interesting bug to find out about :’)

3 Likes

I try to download the mod here but it stop in 15mb and like half an hour later the download finish but when I try to play and make a map with the goblins in the swamp, they dont spawn and the there is no HUD, there is another way to download the mod apart of steam?

first post of this thread

The swamp takes a real long time to load for some reason… :frowning: But if you wait enough (and I’m talking like around 5 minutes on my computer) it will load. At first I thought it was just the huge amount of objects, but the actual map and objects get ready pretty quick, it is something with the ui, no idea what.

Does it always do that for you? Enabling this mod by itself and starting a new game as goblins in the swamp takes about 10 seconds to load for me.

For sure it takes a long time for me.
As in, in any other biome, the time between actually seeing the result world generated in the screen and being asked to place down the starting banner is around 10 seconds, but in the swamp it is more than a minute.

Download:

New:

Added building brushes patterns with fiber, for floors, walls and roofs
Added firefly shield (force field defense)
Added magma sword (high level weapon)
Added market shelf (auto sell items to travellers)
Added new templates (nursery, shaman center, bonesmith workshop, earthmaster workshop, treasure storage, fisher hut)
Added landmarks with terrain overhangs
Added goblin traders selling only goblin items.
Added wood bench.

Changed:

Compatibility for the Tower Defense mod, turning the biome into a new map option.
Optimized items for shops, goblins items can now appear in usual traders and in the correct tiers.
Enabled mining ability for the earthmaster job
Changed candle flame color from orange to green
Changed wooden door size from 3 to 4 high

Bug:
Fixed ace bug with weapon selection

7 Likes

If you embark Firefly Clan to another kingdom, is there a known issue with using the egg pedestal to make more goblins?

I seem to be having that issue in my current playthrough.

Uhm, I thought it was fixed. I will take a look here.
If you want, you can send me your save with the problem too.

Loving the mod, cant wait to see it get more building items like double wood doors! also Im guessing the clay bed and stuff are place holders cause it doesnt really fit in my opinion.

also can the goblins not use the boats in the fisherman mod due to the change of character model.

Bruno, I’m not sure if you remember me, but we were talking about the mushroom farm. I’m sorry for bothering you but this was my idea.

For example, you would have to cultivate mushrooms in a planter and depending on the conditions, the mushrooms will grow. Say if you plant the mushrooms in the open desert, none of them will grow since they need a lot of moisture. I think that would be cool. If you want to make it, let me know.

Also, I love your elite four poyos! Also, I would recommend not having seeds for the mushrooms because it doesn’t exist.

Too complex, it seems like something ace would do (and from what I saw in some messages, they are already planning planters like that). My mushroom gardens will be strictly vanilla style (like all my mods), you place it there, it stays there cute and simply work, no new mechanic or learning needed, just plop and harvest when you want.
And there is no mushroom seed in this. It must be from another mod.

When will we be seeing the next update? and are you in need of any help? Im not the best model maker but Ide love to try lol.

Download:

New:
Added tier 2 campaign with upgraded hearths
Earthmaster can now repair stuff (like engineers)
Decoration banner, camp flag, camp hearths, force shields and eggs are now points of interest for patrols (they will patrol around those items)
Added appeal to plants
Improved old templates, added new ones, some are now only available at tier 2
Added an extra color tone of white for fibers
Added craftable wells when ace is active (for their thirsty mechanics)
Added stone bench
Swamp seeds added to the herbalist menu

Changes:
Balanced many items prices and recipes
Model updates for clay bed, clay chest, cattail bundle, pot signs
Notifications for egg hatching and baby growing into adult
Added icon for egg pedestals in use
Added mini fountain visual effects
Plate of mushrooms can properly be filtered as prepared food and added to input filters
Farmers (humans) can now work as expected when imported to the goblin kingdom
Nerfed beast tamer, traps amount based on mind (e.g. 4 mind = 4 traps)
Adjusted biome fog
Added moss to stone golems mobs

Fixed:
Goblins not laying egg when nordlings mod was on
Patrols stuck on a single spot
Purple fiber roof bug when trying to make bigger roofs
Curtain door position bug fixed

5 Likes

Download:

New:
Added stone table
Added stone throne and wood throne
Added wood double door
Added tower brazier
Added wood water well and stone water well
Added vegetables replacement (counts as raw vegetables for recipes)
Added mushroom garden, can multiply mushrooms
Added awning (thanks Pandemic and Kitty)
Added barricade gate

Changes:
Added Earthmaster icons perks (wip)
Added and balanced items appeal values (thanks Tobles)
Footman attack balanced and limited based on player combat unit amount
Mushrooms included in input filters

Fixed:
Broken english throughout the mod (thanks P3rdit1ous)
Bear bug with ace mod
Error on peaceful campaign

3 Likes