Stonehearth Music- Dwarves

amazing like the rest. Good that you found your muse and something you love to do. you should try like a really slow song sometime they add soo much drama take “misty mountain” for example. But i love all of your songs you must keep up your fantastic job

Thank you @the5minfilms

Do you know- should I post all of these links on the soundtrack planning thread at some point?
I dont want to clutter it but I do want to have other people hear the music.

oh. and Im composing a song titles “The Halls of Old”. Your wish is my command.

@Richard_Rahl i would go for it i think one comment with the links should be okay i dont see why not. People should hear your songs! and I cant wait to hear the new song :smiley: “The Halls of Old” wow that is a cool name. If i get the hang of modding im going to make quest that fits the song in honor of it!

Great. @the5minfilms Yeah i hope to get into modding as well. I also do animation, level design, digital painting and concept art, and modeling, but hey, one cant do everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

i dropped in a link earlier this morning… :wink:

@Richard_Rahl wow thats quite a list, Can barely wait to see what you can come up with and make I’m sure it will be brilliant, these forums hide many-a creative and extraordinary with great talent and you are one of them

@SteveAdamo One thing I was wondering was what format you needed for the game- since we are all using different sound fonts, wouldnt it be useful to convert each song in a program that has the same one- for unity’s sake?

apologies, i dont actually work for Radiant, and am not aware of the filetypes that might be preferable…

however, i’m sure @Doug could lend a hand… :wink:

You and Geoffers are just forum admins? could have fooled me.

haha perfect. thank you.

Hey @Richard_Rahl

Typically I receive 48/24 .wav’s from composers. Those .wav’s will be converted to .ogg for use in game.

Thanks!

Doug

1 Like

(Sorry to hijack your thread like this @Richard_Rahl, but keep up the good work with the pieces :))

@Doug I can only save in .mus (Finale Notation File), .mid (MIDI file) or I can export it as about 5 different types of .xml. Unfortunately I don’t think Finale offers exportation as .wav.

p.s. This is all well and good but I have no music I hear you say? For now…

@Smokestacks Hey friend, we’ll cross the bridge of figuring out proper conversion for you after we hear some of those sweet tunes :wink:

while i’ve never tried it myself, it seems there are a number of ways to convert from (at least) .midi to .wav…

but yeah, let’s here some musik, @Smokestacks! :smile:

@Doug How will we know if we need to send you music? is there a giant vote at some point?

Also, im not entirely sure how to check whether my wavs are the ones you need. 24 or 48 are standard types, correct?

@Richard_Rahl I will be reaching out to the composers that I would like to move forward with to help create the community soundtrack.

Most wav’s default at 16bit, 44khz, which is fine for sound effects, however I prefer higher quality 24bit, 48khz for music. It really depends on what type of software you are using, but you should be able to choose Sample Rate and WAV bit depth when rendering, or bouncing out music.

Cheers!

Doug

1 Like

@Doug Figured it out!

Thanks.

I wish I had a better (not free) music software that had better sound samples like what @Julian is mixing up. Great work man.

@Richard_Rahl I am getting (I’m pretty sure) Sibelius First for Christmas. Perhaps I could help you out?

1 Like

@Smokestacks that would be wonderful. please explain how this can happen! :slight_smile: then neither of us has to cry when we listen to our own work.

i hope that would be tears of joy. dont let a little hissing destroy hq music :smiley:

I’d presume a good first step would be for you to send me the music and I should be able to import it if you can export it as a .xml? And then either:

a) You can tell me what changes you would like made, such as instruments used, articulation you couldn’t add before etc.

b) We arrange a time period and you can use Team Viewer on my laptop for a while to make any changes yourself. I don’t know if audio transfers, so that might be limited.

c) If no changes are wanted, then I just record it with the possibly higher quality instruments and send you that.

d) Anything else you can think of :slight_smile:

2 Likes