Stonehearth Music- Dwarves

Ill take a look and see what I can do.
I see your point though; i could iterate on this piece forever and it would never be done.

I wont give it too much more time. Im working on another piece already and I have schoolwork and finals to do :smile:

1 Like

That sounds really coolā€¦ I wish I could do things like this, how do you create this music?

Iā€™m like the least formal composer ever. I record melodies that i find myself humming and then i figure out which instruments go with them. A fair amount of the work I do is amazing accidents :slight_smile: but I will say that you dont know you can till you try. So give a shot and see what you come up with. AND make sure you put in enough time before you give up. granted that was my first piece so it took longer than the next one is but I worked on it for at least 24 hours.

Cheers! Good luck.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Iā€™m back with more music.

This one took a slightly different turn, as it didnā€™t end up being Dwarven themed but I like it just the same. its a nice change of pace.

1 Like

Iā€™m stuck on a party bus downtown, but as soon as Iā€™m back, Iā€™ll give this a listenā€¦ thanks!

2 Likes

It really gets me in the feeling of an army of dwarves coming out of their dwarven civilisation(under the hill) in unified ranks like a legion

1 Like

Thanks guys! This is another work in progress as usual. Im working on varying the melodies a little bit.

I hope to also get 1 more piece up in the next few days.

yeah, i think was a nice changeā€¦ and it was aptly named, as the track was quite soothingā€¦ could imagine this playing as you are just idly working around your settlementā€¦ gathering resources, crafting goods, etc.

Yes! that just what I had in mind.

You said the 15th was a soft deadline, right? I hope to have one more piece done within the next 2 days if not later this evening.

Hope things are going well with the alpha!
I cant wait.

hereā€™s a recent quote from @Dougā€¦

About the community soundtrack, wouldnā€™t it be more logical if your music got implemented post-releaseā€¦ because of the whole dwarven theme beeing added then?

thats a good pointā€¦ but we really have no idea what @Doug and the rest of the team have in mind for how music will be handled in SHā€¦ and given how modular the game will be, perhaps weā€™ll have an option to apply music where we think it fits bestā€¦

perhaps i want something ā€œdwarven inspiredā€ while im tending to my fields? :smile:

2 Likes

Good points all around. However that second piece didnt end up being dwarven inspired :slight_smile: as @SteveAdamo said it is more peaceful working music. Im also working on another questing piece that works for all races. I think it will be my best one- it sort of turned out dragon warrior inspired.

Ive done the melody, and will be uploading tonight hopefully.

1 Like

@SteveAdamo Here it is. I really like how this one came out, but as always I encourage and need feedback to continue to improve.

This one, in my mind, works as a dwarven main theme or as an adventure theme (when questing).

Back to work! Iā€™ve got a battle theme that isnā€™t cooperating but I hope to iron that out today. Maybe I need to post it and see what you guys think of it.

1 Like

yes sir, thats the impression it gave me as wellā€¦ but it feels like something is missingā€¦

the deep sound from ā€¦ whatever instrument dominates the track, works wellā€¦ but i think would be even better with perhaps another instrument providing a higher range? i wish i were more musically inclined, so i could provide a more intelligible commentā€¦ :smile:

I was considering that. Ill add someā€¦ trumpets maybe. Thatā€™s good advice.

About your musical inclination, totally fineā€“i can figure out what you mean :slight_smile:

English horn, actually.

1 Like

Done and done. Sometimes you need people to crack the whip. This one sorta came out of nowhere. I REALLY like where it is at, but dont let that stop you from critiques.

1 Like

wow, that is quite an improvement! feel free to send 10% of any future royalties my wayā€¦ :smile:

i could just see the Dwarves marching to this track, plodding there way through some subterranean cavernā€¦ nicely done @Richard_Rahlā€¦ :+1:

Oh holdon. Tweaking Drums.

Thank you though. Took a lot of drafts to get to that. haha

There.

I will say though, even if this game turns out to be terrible, which it wont, it will be one of my favorite (dare i say most favorite?) of all time because it has turned me into a composer by giving me the drive to give to something I love. As a game artist, I can say that that drive is what really makes games. And it sounds like you guys have it to.