StoneHearth Builds - a fan site for sharing building templates!

Never thought it was useful :sweat_smile:, thatā€™s why I removed it. (Sorry :blush: )
Why not. Sure, I just need to think on how to show this new info in the ui, maybe just below the build image?
Although this will take some time, I have some other work to do first.

Another thing would be to add the items too (beds, chairs, etcā€¦). If I find an easy (and lightweight) way to do it, maybe.

2 Likes

You can Show materials and furnitures on the download page with like +Show Materialsā€” expandable menu :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just added the resources (wood,stone,clay) needed. Next are the materials. (furniture,etcā€¦)
Technically all builds already know which items and how many of them they need. I just need a way to show it to the user. Almost certain I will follow the Kiyoshi suggestion.

But then I will need images for each itemā€¦ And the resources images already clashed a little with the site design. The overall site style is very plain, simple and flat, but the icons are colorful, bold, full of happiness :smile:

4 Likes

Just wanted to point out, there are now 3 buildings that have breached 500 downloads! My Blacksmithā€™s house appears to have the most by a small amount. No idea why everybody loves it though, I uploaded it for fun! There are some really great builds on there guys, keep it up!

Wow, congratulations! I know that Iā€™m one of those 500 :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m using it on my island village.

can I make the suggestion of a pixel art filter/ category even though I know right now there isnā€™t many but it would be really helpful for sifting through the decorations

Users can create their own tags, so anyone can create one named pixel art and use it :slight_smile:

Later on other users can use it too, and while searching we can filter by that tag.

1 Like

I just though of a suggestion. Maybe a way to filter builders by most builds/alphabetical/time joined?

Yes. That section needs more meaning, right now is just a list with no meaning.

Good suggestion, maybe even rank by their total downloads.

I just threw up my second set of basic ascendancy buildings, I finally figured out how to make roofs look better and manipulate walls more.

Got around to checking out the new site, it looks great. Thank you @BrunoSupremo for all your effort.

I really enjoy your builds, but im not sure where im supposed to put them, i looked at the guide on the website, but its not showing up in game (I created the folder building_templates not the game) any advise here would be welcome

@BrunoSupremo Maybe add a suggestions tab on the website, so builders can get inspiration/fulfill a request, this will open up more creative power, because if people donā€™t know how to build something, but have an idea, they could throw it out to the community

Hey there @Rdrago1, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

I just looked at the instructions on the website, they do appear correct. Just to verify, you made a folder named building_templates inside a stonehearth folder which is inside saved_objects which is in the install directory, so it looks something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

Also, can you verify that you extracted the zip file, so you have a template_name_here.json file in the new folder?

If all that is correct, can you upload your stonehearth.log for review? It will be located in the root directory of your game install.

2 Likes

Ah, i extracted the files, but into their own folders, so i think that is the problem, ill edit this post if it is

Edit: removing them from their folders fixed the problem, thank you

@BrunoSupremo also maybe add a little note on the website to keep this from happening to others that make the same mistake

1 Like

Not a bad idea. This isnā€™t an official website run by the developers, so youā€™ll need to suggest this to @BrunoSupremo.

I see, the problem here is to get the correct message. English is not my first language, so feel free to suggest a better way to explain that. I guess the confusion is with the stonehearth folder inside, which is confused with the root folder?

Iā€™d add ā€œMake sure the unzipped files are directly in the building_templates folderā€

1 Like

I would add to the end of that ā€œnot in nested foldersā€

2 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m trying to load the page and Iā€™m getting:

"Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (HY000/2002): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sockā€™ (2) in /home1/brunosup/public_html/abrir_banco.php on line 12

Connection failed: Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sockā€™ (2)"

From the host forums, the server has crashed, they are working on it.