Steam Latest Branch Updated to develop-2494

Ok, the latest patch is finally out! This should be a lot more solid than the develop-2477 build. However, in order to fix some of the bugs, we had to break save compatibility. Once the game is more stable, we’ll be able to keep the save games compatible within Alpha 11 (hopefully starting with this build).

Here’s what’s new in this patch:

Bug fixes

• Crates inside and on building will now work properly.
  • Hearthlings can now place items that are stored in crates.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented hearthlings from crafting from crates.
  • Hearthlings now eat from food in crates.
  • Fixed promoting hearthling when talisman is in a crate.
  • Fixed collision regions for the large crate and leather bound chest.
  • Fixed save/load bugs with sleeping and eating.
  • Starting town items now show up in town inventory.
  • Fix character sheet error on promotion.
  • You can no longer sell placed items.
  • The place item screen now only displays objects that can be placed.
  • Pets can now eat from berry baskets without errors.
  • Crafted items are now immediately added to town inventory.
  • Crafters now maintain the correct number of items.
  • Crafters can now sometimes successfully skip craft orders they do not have the ingredients to complete.
  • Sheep no longer run in place when they first spawn.
  • Fixed resource description on cook's workshop.
  • Character sheets only display for humans.
  • Fixed some UI errors that can happen in the shop dialog.

Performance

• Improved farming performance for when there are a lot of farm fields.

Other Changes

• Hearthlings now sleep underneath the covers in comfy beds.
  • Added copy to clipboard button for UI errors.
  • Shops will now put stuff in escrow when you sell it so you can buy it back if you want. Escrow items will be dropped off near the banner once you close the shop UI.
  • Game speed hotkeys are now back to 1, 2, 3.
  • Hotkey to open the console is now ctrl-c.

Known Issues

• Objects in hearthling backpacks will show up in place furniture screen even though they cannot be placed.
  • Objects that are in iconic form versus objects placed in the world will show up as separate items (but with the same icon/name/description) in town inventory screen.

Develop-2477

Embark!

When starting a new game, you can now see portraits and roll attributes for your hearthlings. (Mouse over the attributes to see a description.) You can also give your hearthlings new names and purchase inital starting equipment.

Crates

Carpenters can now craft crates to store and organize your items. Crates come in two sizes and function much like mobile stockpiles. This means you can move them to where they are needed. For example, you can load up a crate with wood and then move it near a construction site. Or, put a food crate in your dining hall!

Backpacks for all

All hearthlings are now equipped with a backpack that can hold up to four items. This makes them much more efficient at restocking items as well as other tasks. You can see the contents of their backpack on the character sheet.

Preview of the Cook

The cook profession has been enabled. There are only two recipes at the moment, but we will be adding many more later. Uncooked food now spoils after a few days, so don't overproduce it! Prepared food lasts longer but will also eventually spoil.

Attributes

Hearthling attributes now have more of an impact on the game. Over time, we'll continue to add more effects. An example of some of the effects currently in the game:
  • Diligence increases crafting speed.
  • Curiosity increases experience gain when crafting new items.
  • Inventiveness increases chance of crafting fine items.
  • Muscle increases weapon damage.
  • Stamina determines duration of hearthling sleep.
  • Courage determines change to flee in combat.
  • Compassion affects maximum number of trapper pets and improves sheep wool production and reproduction rates.

Performance

• Improved/fixed stuttering when you have a large number of items in the world.
  • Improved lua garbage collection behavior. This should help with memory issues on slower systems.
  • Increased rendering engine performance while reducing cpu usage.
  • Other Changes

• You can now specify the seed used to generate the world so you can replay a map.
    • The fog of war has been lifted when selecting your starting location.
    • Portraits added to the unit info pane in the bottm left corner. Clicking on the portait brings up the character sheet.
    • Added many tooltips to the character sheet and building designer.
    • Show armor and weapon bonuses on the character sheet.
    • Hearthlings can now pick up and place items on multiple levels instead of just at foot level.
    • Hearthlings no longer pop up when placing large furniture.
    • Hearthlings no longer build ladders when they can reach the item from ground level.
    • Removing ladders now shows the undeploy icon.
    • When moving items, their initial facing is preserved.
    • Clicking units in the party window will now select and zoom to them.
    • When buying and selling items, the reticle no longer obscures the quantity.
    • Hearthlings now sleep in the center of the bed.
    • Enemies no longer gain experience and level up.
    • Incompatible saves can no longer be loaded.
    • Game speed hotkeys have been moved to ~, 1, 2.
    • The debug console hotkey is now ctrl-shift-c.

Crash Bugs

• Fixed crash when taking screenshot for saving. If you are running old Intel video drivers or Parallels for the Mac, you will now see a blank screenshot, but should be able to save.
  • Fixed crash due to lua coroutine (multi-threading) bugs.
  • Fixed crash sending too much data from the server to the client.
  • Fixed crash on older Intel video drivers.
  • Other Bugs Fixed

• Manually extended auto-placed ladders can now be removed.
    • Renaming structures no longer causes the camera to move.
    • Fixed hearthlings floating on top of chairs while eating.
    • Fixed issues when saving/loading the game while a hearthling is sleeping.
    • Fixed hearthlings sleeping twice in a night.
    • Fixed error in the scaffolding manager.
    • Fixed error when placing items in buildings.
    • Fixed bug trying to restore destroyed items on game load.
    • Fixed save/load issues with farms.
    • Fixed error with shepherd looking for more sheep.
    • You can now save the game before placing the banner.
    • Rotating an item while placing it now correctly rotates its collision shape.
    • Crafter workbenches now have the correct collision shape.
    • Fix camera zooming away when focusing on carried item.
    • Fixed lots of small UI issues.
    11 Likes

Aww yiss, saw this in steam a few seconds ago. Gonna try it out now.

EDIT And we crashed, really hard actually. Needed to reset my computer.

Round 2.

EDIT 2: Two complete computer freezes in a row after attempting to build free walls.

Gonna call it quits on this release. Computer ended up getting super hot and completely unresponsive, had to unpower it twice.

3 Likes

Thanks for giving it a shot! Did stonehearth itself crash? If so, send us your user_id and we’ll see if we can find out what happened. Alternatively, you can also send us your stonehearth.log file and we’ll see if there’s anything suspicious in there.

Sure, I should tell you that I have the last version of the cooking mod you can find on the forums, not sure that resulted specifically in the crash, but I could always remove it and try again.stonehearth.log (195.8 KB)

2 Likes

its probably best that you do, just encase that was the actuall cause of the crash.

I’ll try after they have a look at the log, I’d rather not have my computer lock up like that again if I don’t have to.

1 Like

The game keeps on crashing randomly for me as well after the latest dev update.
    Thought my computer doesn’t freeze or anything, the game just closes it self.

2 Likes

@crim, please opt into crash reports if you haven’t done so, and send us your user_id (found in your user_settings file) We’ll see if there are any records of anything!

1 Like

Multiple dwellings built without issue, workers going about their business, buying and selling wares… This is the longest I’ve been able to play SH without a crash or bug <3

2 Likes

I do have a minor ?/ request maybe?

What is the reason for, when we have them harvest multiple things at once, trees/ stone/ plants etc,. that they leave the goods on the ground and proceed to the next thing without picking whatever they just did up, and then proceed to the next thing to harvest, and then once they are done with whats in that task they go back and start picking things up once all task’s are done?

Request(ish) - Could we have them harvest the first thing they are tasked to do, pick it up, put in backpack, then proceed to the next harvest task, once the backpack is full empty it,and continue till all task’s are done?

or would that be too time consuming and unnecessary at this moment? (if ever)

Not questioning your dedication/skill or anything like that, just curious (knowledge is power type of thing).

ohh! and I’m not having a heating issue pretty steady 40-45C (no mod’s)

1 Like

@Soul, the answer to your question is that currently, the tasks are written such that each class of tasks (harvest, restock, etc) have a priority. If 2 tasks are evaluated by the AI as ready to run, the one with higher priority wins. This is why you are seeing everyone harvest first, and then restock.]

There is a caveat to this: if there are 2 tasks and one is high priority but involves something very far away, it may take a long time for the pathfinder to find a path, and thus for the task to become ready. In this case, you might see a hearthling do a low priority thing over a high priority thing.

That said, ought the hearthlings pick stuff up before moving on to their next task? I guess it depends on what you think is more important: starting the centralizing of resources, or adding things to resources in the first place. We tend to think the latter is more important, b/c it grows your net worth and available resources faster.

6 Likes

Tyvm for the explanation appreciate it! you all have a good day/night! ty for the build. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any plans to be able to designate base-level workers to certain tasks? Currently it’s very easy to end up with everyone building, and ignoring the many items that need stockpiling. Being able to divide labor so some hearthlings prioritise gathering over building would be VERY useful. Even if it meant introducing a new class. Think of the serfs vs builders in the game Knights and Merchants, for example. Would be kind of cool to have a dedicated coolie/hauler class wearing a basket or something.

small constant lag spikes!
    makes my eyes hurt…
    must alt+f4

Hmmm, stockpiles are being a bit odd. Trying to have separate stockpiles for everything, as well as crates, but it seems that even when I have one stockpile for each category of items, things like animal skins and wool and fibers just are left laying around. Have to construct a new “everything” stockpile for them to tidy up.

2 Likes

am I right? =) The last saves with the development build one number before… aren´t compatible with the new one? ;o
    Or am i wrong?

According to the release info for 2494 (latest), you are right.

http://stonehearth.net/steam-latest-branch-updated-to-develop-2494/

Ok, the latest patch is finally out on the Steam Latest branch. This should be a lot more solid than the develop-2477 build. However, in order to fix some of the bugs, we had to break save compatibility. Once the game is more stable, we’ll be able to keep the save games compatible within Alpha 11 (hopefully starting with this build).

Here’s what’s new in this patch:

• Bug fixes
    • Crates inside and on buildings will now work properly.
    • Hearthlings can now place items that are stored in crates.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented hearthlings from crafting from crates.
    • Hearthlings now eat from food in crates.
    • Fixed promoting hearthling when talisman is in a crate.
    • Fixed collision regions for the large crate and leather bound chest.
    • Fixed save/load bugs with sleeping and eating.
    • Starting town items now show up in town inventory.
    • Fix character sheet error on promotion.
    • You can no longer sell placed items.
    • The place item screen now only displays objects that can be placed.
    • Pets can now eat from berry baskets without errors.
    • Crafted items are now immediately added to town inventory.
    • Crafters now maintain the correct number of items.
    • Crafters can now sometimes successfully skip craft orders they do not have the ingredients to complete.
    • Sheep no longer run in place when they first spawn.
    • Fixed resource description on cook’s workshop.
    • Character sheets only display for humans.
    • Fixed some UI errors that can happen in the shop dialog.

Performance

Improved farming performance for when there are a lot of farm fields.

Other Changes

• Hearthlings now sleep underneath the covers in comfy beds.
    • Added copy to clipboard button for UI errors.
    • Shops will now put stuff in escrow when you sell it so you can buy it back if you want. Escrow items will be dropped off near the banner once you close the shop UI.
    • Game speed hotkeys are now back to 1, 2, 3.
    • Hotkey to open the console is now ctrl-c.

Known Issues

• Objects in hearthling backpacks will show up in place furniture screen even though they cannot be placed until they are put down.

• Objects that are in iconic form versus objects placed in the world
      will show up as separate items (but with the same icon/name/description)
      in town inventory screen.

Starting town items now show up in town inventory.<

i little bit overfixed :wink: the townbanner are now also shown in the town inventory :wink:

4 Likes

@junk and @Doc, and anyone else having performance issues, can you post your system specs/graphics cards, etc? Maybe we introduced an issue in this build–better nip it in the bud.

4 Likes