Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth

Is it just me, or does this actually sound a little bit like Endless Space, but Civ-ified and scaled down to one planet? And also with no aliens?

Would be neat if some of us Civ lovers got together and played a game :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, even just a preliminary Civ V game to get our blood flowing again would be nice.

I can start one up, if anybody wants to? Just like the post and Iā€™ll invite you to a PM to set everything up.

2 Likes

I think we still have a civ game going, wasnā€™t the biggest problem timing so we used GMR? What would you suggest this time?

Yep upon checking there is a game between @Smokestacks, @ManOfRet, @Xavion, @Amlin, and @zukodark. Itā€™s currently @Smokestacks and the has been since 27/11/2013.

Aw man really? I thought there was a 24 hour timer per go? I just got fed up of the 5 minute start up time and further 5 minute game load time for the sake of a 20 second turn, but I didnā€™t realise not playing completely killed the game, I thought my go was just getting skipped. :disappointed:

It gets turned off if only 1 player goes in a given turn to stop civ from screwing with the multiplayer settings or something. But yeah that was the biggest problem, itā€™s a pity itā€™s going to be an issue no matter how weā€™d do async games but 5mins does sounds like a bit of a slow computer.

1 Like

Well, I suppose that would I should have said is that anybody in the US who is willing to play should let me knowā€¦ Iā€™ll try to get a game started up one night, and we can chip away at it and start it back up again to finish it another night.

So, if there are any US CIV PLAYERS who WANT to PLAY CIV 5, just LIKE THIS POST to let me know that you are interested.

This is a rather massive necro but i fell that it is needed as it is now out for PRE PURCHASE!!!

It is suppose to release on the 24 of October!!!

YAY!!!

@SteveAdamo, i hereby demand that you keep your promise and donā€™t do any more kickstarters until then!!

Check out steam for pictures and a game-play walkthrough from E3!

All aboard the hypetrain!

Yeah, definitely looking forward to BE.

I have made no such promise ā€¦ all your Kickstarter funds are belong to me!

For shame Steve, for shameā€¦

And there is actual footage on steam right now!

Donā€™t make me get @newf to lock you up! Or @Geoffers747 for that matter.

1 Like

very wellā€¦ but if 4 months doesnā€™t satisfy the "for now"requirement, I donā€™t know what wouldā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

But its the final bit now!!

If you post a kickstarter all the saving will have been for nothing!

I am marshalling my armies! If I see even a peek! A PEEK! Of a kickstarter, You will have unleashed one hell of a sh*tstorm upon yourself @SteveAdamo!

Oh, by the way, I need to tell everyone this:

There is a livestream tomorrow at Twitch, and they will be holding it at about 1-2 PM EDT, as far as I know.
So do your best to tune in, if youā€™re interested, and if you miss it, I will try to remember to post a link to the archive as soon as I can!

3 Likes

There is already a video available to see right now so have a look right now people.

Thanks @ManOfRet for that link!

The livestream is done you can watch it now :slight_smile: I think it was quite interesting.

This game is going to quite literally ā€œTake my money!ā€. I was late to adopt civilization and I bough Civ 5 on a whim sometime last year. The first time I played it I ended up playing a 14 hour game before losing, and I was hooked ever since. After watching the game play of this particular incarnation I am pretty sold it is something I am going to enjoy. As Iā€™ve decided that this year I plan on only getting 5 games this definitely on the list being number three.

Iā€™ve already seen quite a bit of gameplay footage but Iā€™m going to check out the VODs of this livestream, doesnā€™t hurt to get a better grasp of mechanics and a feel for the game. As of now though Iā€™m pretty sold, but I may change my mind.

Cool! Really worth a look at, Iā€™ll see if people like it after release. The Civ series is pretty solid!

1 Like

Here you go! This is Firaxisā€™ archives on Twitch, and it holds all (both, so far) of their Beyond Earth livestreams and gameplays.

2 Likes