Shepherd and Cook Suggestions

I was thinking about some new food items for a cook, but most of my ideas would require… milk! So I figured I’d go the whole nine yards.

First, cows!
These would require a higher level Shepherd to create a pasture, maybe 3 or 4? Cow would produce milk, of course, and when slaughtered they would produce hide and beef. I think they should use the same feed as sheep, as they eat about the same foods. All pretty standard stuff.
As a side note, like how farmers can only grow certain things at a certain level, maybe that could be applied to shepherds? Apprentices only find rabbits, level 1 chickens, and level 2 sheep?

Second, desserts! (and other various foods)
I’d think it’d be nice if pies were added into the game, berry and prickly pear pies respectively. Hearthlings would love pies and maybe it gives a slightly bigger buff for them over normal foods. Milk is a requirement for many desserts so, cakes and cookies might be a great thing as well. A level 3 or higher cook can make these foods. Maybe if spoiled milk is left out for long enough it turns into cheese; the cook could make it too, what ever works. Since the cows also drop beef I figured that the cook should also be able to make grilled steaks and/or hamburgers too. (I’m writing this while hungry…) Maybe in the future when water is a necessity for hearthlings milk can also be used for making tasty drinks

Thanks for reading and considering it!

3 Likes

Have you tried this?

2 Likes

Never go shopping while hungry, you just buy the whole store :smiley: But instead, do what you just did here and write a suggestion post for the cooks! Awesome ideas and some that i think most of us would love to have ingame at some point.

The stonehearth cafe mod gives alot of new options in this field, but its still a mod…

I may try this mod!
Have you used before?

Yup, I love it. Just keep in mind needing to drink becomes an issue in this mod so the Hearthlings need to eat berries at the beginning OR you need to rush a well (which is made by the mason) and you collect water my harvesting the well, which produces enough water for about 10 Hearthlings. You also get a lot more recipes and drinks.

Nice! I bet playing Rayya’s Children is harder now.