Animal Husbandry?

Just an idea that I’m throwing out, but what if instead of just a shepherd with sheep, there could be one more level of more sophisticated animal husbandry where you can direct your (rancher?) to create another pasture-like area for better animals
i.e.
-Mammoth pen that you can harvest them for meat and their horns that can be used for decoration or armor
-a cow farm where you can get beef and milk which can be cooked into cheese
-a dog/wolf pen where you can train your own attack dogs that must be tied to a footman

2 Likes

ähmmm this is already active? you set a pasture and then select which animal should be in the pasture - at the moment there are sheeps, poyos and rabbits

the only thing they can add is that after a specific time the shepherd could kill automatically an animal? at the moment just chicken because they breed^^

1 Like

Sorry, I just changed my original post to better reflect my idea. So there could be another level after shepherd that lets you domesticate better, higher quality animals with more yield. such as the cow, mammoths, dogs, pigs, whatever.

2 Likes

This is also planned! Check this out, it’s pretty old, but I don’t think that devs have changed their idea of class progressions too much!

y1111.jpg [1,020x681px] ฝากรูป
4 Likes

Ooooooohhhhh, I’m so excited now! Some of these classes just seem awesome. I wonder if the brewmaster can make drinks that bolster your citizens speed, strength, health!

1 Like

they first have to add in the thirst system.

1 Like

oh, that just buzz-killed me :frowning:

2 Likes

Stonehearth is going to use Yaks instead of cows.

2 Likes

they havent decided if they want to add cows or yaks at the moment ^^ BUT there is already a mod from froggy with yaks [MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.92 and just for info another good mod from kuruhito [Mod] Brewery Mod 3.0 - Alpha 12 - *New Update*

2 Likes

They should add both cows and yaks… cows for ascendancy faction yaks for the third arctic faction ;D

3 Likes

that’d be a cool aesthetic change but I’m pretty sure yaks are more Himalayan while the 3rd faction is like scandinavian

So no Cowyos? Coyos? Uhm cowpoyos?

2 Likes

Moomoos? Moovacas? Vacows?

Moo moos sounds about right

Moomoo sounds doomed to go the way of the ancient Buckbuck.

5 Likes

pulls the thread back onto the tracks

I would also be excited to see more/larger animals in the game. I think it would be cool if the larger animals could damage the fence/wall surrounding the zone and the carpenter/mason would need to repair it to keep the animals in. Would need to deal with building damage first though…

4 Likes

With the addition of the stone golem, Tom mentioned he should be able to do that stuff. So here’s hoping building destruction comes in the next few alphas.

2 Likes

is sorry for derailing thread

1 Like