On the topic of sheep

I was playing stonehearth just a moment ago, and I was looking at my sheep. I noticed that one had a golden heart icon above it’s name plate. I hovered my mouse over it, and it said the sheep was loved, and explained that it made the sheep provide more wool and offspring. Then I got thinking of how the loved system could make an impact in the future. Specifically, chickens producing eggs that hatch (or you just need a rooster…) yaks making more milk and having hair suitable for a coat of sorts, so on and so on. Then I started thinking about wool. Then I found it odd that sheep just instantaneously go from naked to a full body of wool. Perhaps sheep could get their wool more gradually in the future? Not only that, but could mutton have more of an advantage in the future as well?

Tell me guys what you think and I’ll see ya later!

3 Likes

:thumbsup: this
all of it ^^

2 Likes

What if like dogs to humans, yak would lover their caretakers the same way?
When mounted for battle, the yaks would run faster and charge harder towards the enemy.

1 Like

have you been listening to more of @Gridnick’s nonsense about battle yaks?

gah! whats this world coming to!

3 Likes

I’m just happy that the sheep can talk dirty to me now. Best! Update! EVER!

1 Like

It’s not nonsense, it’s common sense :stuck_out_tongue:

which is something i dont have… :no_mouth:

1 Like

On the subject of sheep, another thing in the future could perhaps be the need to feed sheep, as well as give them water!

They could feed from the grass like they do IRL, possibly give grass a quality rating similar to soil so that frequent grazing causes the quality to drop and forces the player to move the sheep onto greener pastures.

1 Like

True, but you could also have the option of feeding them stuff like hay in order to not need to move them, but hay wouldn’t be as satisfying to the sheep!

1 Like

And make their produce worse

2 Likes

So if sheep can eat why not yaks? When the days past yaks will grow more hair and the caretaker would have to shave it off. I’m sure this resource can be used for something.

1 Like

Didn’t vikings make yak-hair coats or something?

1 Like

Who says dwarves can’t do the same?

It should be easier, since they don’t need as much stuff to make their clothing!

1 Like

No as yaks are Himalayan probably scottish highland cows, anyway I don’t think the yak should effect teh soil badly it should make it super soil :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yak horns growing too long and cutting them off for the weapons and tools you could make out of it?

1 Like