Robo(t) Mod by chimeforest

@chimeforest Wow! These ideas look amazing, but I guess you need to get a metal worker fast, because you can’t promote the other robos? Or maybe only the six that came with the crash? :slight_smile:

@Miturion I didn’t know you were making a robot mod too =). What’s yours like?

@Warstories Thanks! :smiley:

@Ghost The six originals can be promoted to any and all professions. However, one should be promoted to the robo-creator profession. Which leaves you with 5 other robos to promote to w/e and a bunch of stone robos/golems to do all the manual labor until you strike metal.

Love the little mod haha :smiley: how about a small idea, replacing the beds with a model where they are beeing charged?

1 Like

Like a wall outlet on a pole :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! I like that idea =D
I’m definitely going to have to add “Charging Stations” to my todo list ^^

Slightly off topic… how difficult is rigging/animating? I’ve never done it before and I’m starting to get to the point in the mod where it’s something that will need to be done.

Well, you can see 5 of them here.
[Mod] Miturion's voxel corner + egyptian mod - #51 by Miturion[quote=“chimeforest, post:28, topic:5070”]

Slightly off topic… how difficult is rigging/animating?
[/quote]

As difficult as you want it to be. Getting the perfect animation can be hard, simple ones easy. It is just a lot of work connecting all the limbs and setting all the frame positions.

@Miturion Those look pretty cool =D

Gah! >.<; I forgot that I need the Home or Master Edition of Qubicle in order to do custom animations and rigging =(

And since I don’t have $40 or $80 to shell out right now for this side project (especially since I just spend $11 on it), custom robo animations are going to have to wait for now =/

But someday I’ll be able to add them in =D

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’ll use this mod even if it’s just some models :smiley: But yeah add those charging stations to your to do list! Can’t wait to see what you come up with :slight_smile: And if you have the more expensvie versions, you might want to think about learning a bit about blender as well, since IMO it’s the best free 3D/Animation program out there.

:slight_smile:

Yay! I’ve got a fan =P

I started looking into it, It looks like it can do everything, but the mouse controls are driving me nuts >.<

Also… I might have found a way around the rigging/animation qubicle thing, but I’m not sure… only time will tell!

1 Like

I can understand the controls of blender are frustrating. You’ll get the hang of it :wink:

Or, I’ll get fed up with it and change all the controls to something more reasonable =P

The most frustrating part is when I click on a model to select it it doesn’t =/ … that and the camera controls…

wow what an impressive mod !! Looks fantastic thus far

1 Like

@Amlin Thanks! =D
Hopefully this is just the beginning!

Well its an excellent beginning, the Robot models have that cute stonehearth look to them. I really like your upgrade path, with the blueprints. Plus the way you’ve change the character sheet and the robots basic needs. It shaping up to be a really fun looking mod. I look forward to testing this.

Wow, so much praise. :blush:
I certainly hope I don’t disappoint!

Special 2am Sneak Preview

7 Likes

@chimeforest, awesome work, so this is the worker thingy that can move stuff? AAAWWEEESOOOMME

fear not… you certainly seem to be on the right track with the mod! … … … no pressure, of course… :smile:

wow, that dialogue sounds fairly reminiscent of a typical conversation between myself and @Geoffers747 … i leave it to you all to decide who says what… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It could be! He currently doesn’t work(I guess that’s part of the joke =P)
He just sorta stands there looking cute, occasionally flapping it’s arms or looking at you sideways.

I’m not sure if I like the model… but it’s growing on me, still, I’m going to see what else I can make.

of course not ^^;

1 Like